• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School: most dreaded place on the planet!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
  • Does going back to school frighten you or make you really anxious? When you're in school at any points during the year, are you just unhappy to be there? What's your school experience like? If you don't go to school anymore, what WAS it like?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I quite enjoyed school whilst I was there :3 I finished my last year of college a few months ago so now I've got uni starting next year, but I very much enjoyed going to college. The classes were interesting, the people were great, there was always something fun going on, people all worked together when revising etc to make sure everyone got the best grades, it was just a really pleasant experience. I certainly wouldn't trade it for anything :3 I'm anxious about starting university soon for obvious reasons (new people = scary!), but I'm excited too so hopefully it should be good!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Going back to school excites me. No matter how long it's been since I've been there last. The only thing that makes me anxious is the thought of introducing myself to the class. I hate that so much and would avoid it at all cost if I could.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I love my school, actually, and I can't wait to go back. I seriously look at the place as a second home. This year's gonna be hectic due to college applications, but after those are out of the way, I have a clear run for the rest of the year. It should be terrific.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I get anxious in the first week of classes and imagine having mean teachers or not being able to find a room or being too late or too early etc. etc. But after I get there and have one or two classes I find it really easy and not anxiety-inducing at all haha.

College is great though. I can't get enough of undergraduate education. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I just went back to the school I literally despised after a year and a half ago, and honestly...I am more excited to be back rather than sad and depressed like last time. But I was a young 17 year old back then when I first started, so the main difference was how I acted towards college back then and how I act now.

My enthusiasm on returning to school came to me when I graduated from my other college in San Diego. It made me boost my excitement and get better educated as well as to get a higher degree. So if you ask me right now if I look forward to school today, I will write in CAPS LOCK that yes, I am looking forward to school today. I love both my English and History professors. <3

The dreadful days, though, are the first days. It's the usual "introduce yourself" days and the hour long explanation of what the class will be about. I like introducing myself, it actually makes me feel good. :)

Years
  • I'm somewhat excited, though less than usual since nobody I know appears to be in my classes :( I'm always a little anxious that I've forgotten everything, but after the first week or so everything should be a-okay. Hm, gotta get that summer reading done though!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    School's always terrified me and probably always will due to how utterly boring it was for me before, there's still college though but I won't have to worry about that one for a while since I'm currently trying to get admitted into the job corps and all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I love going to school, and absolutely hate vacation! All my friends, all the fun, the parties, the memories can be found in school, and definitely not home on a computer!
    So yeah, I can't wait until vacation's over...

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    The only things I stress about the first couple of days are: Did I get the right building? Did I find the right classroom? Am I here at the right time, did I read my schedule right? AM I GOING TO FIND A DECENT SEAT?!?

After those are all sorted out the first couple of days, I'm happy as a clam. I love school and can't wait to start back up this year ^.^

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    I start classes on October, and I'm only slightly worried about what the classes are going to be like, since the majority of them are going to be online courses. I'm pretty sure that I can be fine, but then again, these are my first online college courses, so at the same time, I don't really know @_@

But college is awesome! I like taking part in club activities, too~

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • What dimension are you guys from

srsly

I'm mortified about going back to school, and worse I have to attend a 4-hour orientation before school even starts back up! I hate being there, I hate almost everything about it and all I want to do is blend in like a chameleon so nobody even knows I exist.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I'm already on my second week of college (unless you count orientation week), and to be honest I really was pretty nervous starting. Heck, how many incoming freshman who would be living in a dorm in at least one state apart from their family wouldn't? I still have yet to adjust to college life as well--sometimes I feel as if I'll wake up in my bed at my house, which causes me to get teary-eyed (even now I can feel my eyes welling up, ffffff).

But, it isn't too bad. One nice thing is that my roommate is nice, and the teachers I have seem pretty cool. I'm worried about the homework, since this is a writing intensive college (and guess who sucks at writing) but I think I'll do fine ^^;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    how the hell do people love school omfg

No. I can't stand school. Was never a fan. I'm really only going now because I have to. Y'know, for my future and stuff. But no, not fond of the place myself.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • when I was at school I always hated going back after the holiday exspecail as the summer always ended on my B'day.( I was forced to go) but yeah school was a big waste of my time as I failed most of my tests.

I HATED SCHOOL

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I didn't like high school much when I was there. I was pretty much an outcast there mainly cause of my awkwardness and I sort of purposely made myself one. I didn't like alot of the people there and really didn't want to associate myself with my class and still sort of don't. Plus my grades and attendance was terrible. I dreaded waking up in the morning early to go because of the people who went there and I only made 3 or 4 real friends and a few good friends. Sat at the nerd table the last two years. I was late often and never did my homework and so that made my grades suffer. In grade school, I actually had decent grades, As, Bs and Cs and some Ds and Fs in 6th-8th grade. I love school back in 1st, 2nd, 3rd grade. Though in high school I put less effort in work, especially my senior year. I ended up failing high school and still haven't made up for it. I'm actually finishing up a correspondence course in order to get a diploma and it's taken a year to get done. The thing I regret the most is screwing up in high school and I wish I could start all over. I guess I'm still not very organized. I want to try again I actually get into a college which hopefully will be soon. When I do get into college, I'm gonna try to make a better effort at making friends and doing assignments/projects. I want to put more focus on learning in order to give me a good future career. So then maybe, I can enjoy school.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i like school it is fun and my class is like a zoo. the boys are very naughty and funny, girls are also fun xD xD
    My teachers are very friendly and funny and i miss school in my vacation A LOT

Years
  • I absolutely adore going back to school. It's much more independent these days, and the collegiate lifestyle definitely makes it better. Towards the end of the year, school eventually wears me out. But I have to love it a whole lot if I'm going into education. :P

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • It doesn't frighten me. I just get nervous. When I was going into year 11 I was really nervous, even though I'd been to the school for the past 4 years. I was basically unhappy everyday I was there, bullying was something that my school tried to hard to prevent yet failed so badly. I didn't really enjoy it at all. Sure, the learning part was great, but like I mentioned bullying was a huge problem, making my own and others experiences complete nightmares. I'm glad I'm moving onto college.

Back