• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Been hatching eggs for Scyther on my X and Froakie on my Y, good to see people still going for starters, more shiny dex needed!, so far I'm winning with Bulb, shame my charmander happened last year haha.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
A new month, a new monthly quest! Okay, so here's what you have to do to complete the quest...oh wait, let me make sure I still have my SS Ticket!

*checks bag*

Oh, phew! That's a relief, I still have it. Okay, so for the monthly quest, you need to...huh, I wonder if Bulbasaur's cry has changed?

*checks Pokedex*

Nope, still the same cry! That's good. WE NOW HAVE BULBASAUR'S ENTRY IN OUR POKEDEX!!! Congrats to Razer for being the first SHC member to be entered into our 2014 Club Dex! (I have a feeling this is going to extend well past 2014, though. "lol") The next target is Charmander!

Current Dex Status:

[001] Bulbasaur - Razer302 (February 18th, 2014)
[004] Charmander -

And now it's time for...

The March Monthly Quest!!

March begins in the cold darkness of winter and ends in the bright joy of spring (in the Northern Hemisphere)...thus begins the Spring Fling!

To complete this Quest, you must obtain 4 shinies (2 if 1/8192, 12 if shiny-charmed) that are Grass-, Bug-, Water-, or Fairy-typed!

Thanks to Iceman3317 for this month's Quest!

If you get a shiny Kabuto or Flareon you are permanently banned from the club.

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on April 1st, 2014.

Good luck and have fun!

magolor

hsssah!
Years
Traded the shiny Charizard for a female shiny Dunsparce; a dreamie of mine. She was still nicknameable at the time, thankfully, so I named her Minuet, to match with my shiny Ralts, who I'm either going to name Acapella or Bella Notte.

Hoppip hunt's transitioning into week two, and I'm in the process of completing a little project; going to attempt random encountering a shiny Whismur by biking through the Connecting Cave in my Ruby Version. A bit of an impractical idea, when I could hoard hunt or get the boosted FS rates. But I remember trying to get one and giving up years and years ago (ruby was my first game... over 10 years ago?). Guess it's the thought that counts. :15:

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
For the Monthly quest i am going to try for a shiny Squirtle (still...) Snivy, Froakie and... Oshawott! :)

Wish Me Luck everyone :)

EDIT- Also Charmander! (y'know, for the dex :) )

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Could i join?

Shiny list in X.

Genesect
Giratina
Onix
Druddigon
Eevee
growlithe
Alakazam
Basculin
Magikarp
Charmander
Cyndaquil
hoppip

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
So, it's been a while since my last post. I've been busy with school and the kyurem hunt is still on stand by since it takes too much of me to count the painful SRs.

So instead i've been lazily hunting on different safaris. Because I got so much shinies I'll just list them, starting by the one after my last post:
Spoiler:

If you get a shiny Kabuto or Flareon I will love you for all eternity.
Well thanks G. I was hunting for Honedge but since you brought up one of my favorite shinies I may have to postpone this. ONWARDS!

And also congrats to all the new finds and welcome to all the new members, I hope you have an enjoyable stay :] .

EDIT: My signature hasn't been updated in a while so don't mind it. I hope I find a better format for it soon...

ping.php

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So many pokemon to choose from with the month. I'll have to think about what I want. I may try to help out on the Charmanders as well. although I already have two shiny Charizards.

Years
A new month, a new monthly quest! Okay, so here's what you have to do to complete the quest...oh wait, let me make sure I still have my SS Ticket!

*checks bag*

Oh, phew! That's a relief, I still have it. Okay, so for the monthly quest, you need to...huh, I wonder if Bulbasaur's cry has changed?

*checks Pokedex*

Nope, still the same cry! That's good. WE NOW HAVE BULBASAUR'S ENTRY IN OUR POKEDEX!!! Congrats to Razer for being the first SHC member to be entered into our 2014 Club Dex! (I have a feeling this is going to extend well past 2014, though. "lol") The next target is Charmander!

Current Dex Status:

[001] Bulbasaur - Razer302 (February 18th, 2014)
[004] Charmander -

And now it's time for...

The March Monthly Quest!!

March begins in the cold darkness of winter and ends in the bright joy of spring (in the Northern Hemisphere)...thus begins the Spring Fling!

To complete this Quest, you must obtain 4 shinies (2 if 1/8192, 12 if shiny-charmed) that are Grass-, Bug-, Water-, or Fairy-typed!

Thanks to Iceman3317 for this month's Quest!

If you get a shiny Kabuto or Flareon you are permanently banned from the club.

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on April 1st, 2014.

Good luck and have fun!

{XD} Lol G! All those TPP references! T-minus 20 minutes until the "new adventure" begins....

I have surpassed 700 Eevee hatched on X, 1290 Omanyte seen on X (trying to get the Lord Almighty Helix), 7500 something Johto starters seen in HG and SS, restarted my old Dialga hunt and that's at 1700 something in Platinum. Now I'm trying to tweak to Shaymin which I will soft reset for my 50th video special. So many non-shinies being seen!
I have also done 600 something SRs for Bulbasaur which I'll be switching over to Charmander now, in my FR.

(But seriously, has anyone ever tweaked before? I did some research, apparently it's a 50% chance the abyss will be walkable, and I've now opened 5 unwalkable abyss-es, along with the 50+ game freezes at this point. This whole ordeal is a giant pain!)

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
62 Charmander

Welcome to all new members and congrats on all the recent shinies!!

Well thanks G. I was hunting for Honedge but since you brought up one of my favorite shinies I may have to postpone this. ONWARDS!

EVIL FOLLOWER OF THE DOME!!!

*opens menu*
*Make a poll?*
*Aaryn: G-Money! This is not the time to use that!*
*returns to main menu*
*Ban a member?*
*tries to select Rezu but scrolls too far and accidentally selects TheShinyEevee*
*TheShinyEevee will be banned forever. Is that okay?*

(But seriously, has anyone ever tweaked before? I did some research, apparently it's a 50% chance the abyss will be walkable, and I've now opened 5 unwalkable abyss-es, along with the 50+ game freezes at this point. This whole ordeal is a giant pain!)

Yes, I've done it! Well, kind of...I messed up at the very end and instead of resurfacing on the path to Shaymin, I used the Underground Kit on the wrong space and was unable to resume my save file. But it ended up being alright, since I could transfer all of my Pokemon to 5th gen, except for the ones in my party. It's definitely doable, but be careful!

Years
That is indeed a lot of non shiny pokemon seen. Good luck in all your quests and hang in there, TheShinyEevee

Thank you very much Lunis; I'm getting there! {XD}

62 Charmander

Welcome to all new members and congrats on all the recent shinies!!

EVIL FOLLOWER OF THE DOME!!!

*opens menu*
*Make a poll?*
*Aaryn: G-Money! This is not the time to use that!*
*returns to main menu*
*Ban a member?*
*tries to select Rezu but scrolls too far and accidentally selects TheShinyEevee*
*TheShinyEevee will be banned forever. Is that okay?*

Yes, I've done it! Well, kind of...I messed up at the very end and instead of resurfacing on the path to Shaymin, I used the Underground Kit on the wrong space and was unable to resume my save file. But it ended up being alright, since I could transfer all of my Pokemon to 5th gen, except for the ones in my party. It's definitely doable, but be careful!

Lol! (Off topic but they picked Totodile! King Leer! Lazergator!)

Do you recall how many game freezes/abyss openings it took you? I'm up to an almighty 18 freezes before my 6th abyss which is yet to appear lol...
Make that 19.
I've made sure to use a game that I'm not bothered about losing, so there's no worries in that regard! But thanks for giving me hope, lol! {XD}

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
HUH! What?!?

Shiny SQUIRTLE?!?

finally hatched!!!!!!!

1154 eggs - Shiny Squirtle

this is an extrordinary moment for me :)

plus, this can now go towards the Shiny Dex :)

Years
Oh my congrats! You are one lucky duckling.

I'm still trying to hatch that shiny Chespin. The shiny charm hasn't been all that helpful so far but I won't lose hope. Got some really great IV breeds in the process so at least there's that! After that, my next shiny project will probably be a shiny Froakie because the boyfriend's after one with Protean.

Years
I'd be honored to be a part of this club !

I have shiny Dragalge, Tentacrule, Mightyena, Mawile, Hydreigon, Ampharos, Starly, Typhlosion, Pichu, Haxorus, Bouffalant, Bisharp, Mienshao, Pelipper, Stunky, Dodrio, Honchkrow, Talonflame, Bellossome, Sawsbuck, Jigglypuff, and Scolipede.

I'm currently going back and forth from RA'ing for Maractus in friend safari, Masuda hatching for Venipede, and chaining for Noctowl and Pidgey.

Years
Wow congrats on that squirtle! That wasn't a quick hunt either! :D

6th unwalkable abyss... lol.
I'm going to focus on getting Cyndaquil (fingers crossed) throughout my spare time in the upcoming week.

EDIT: I burnt all of my videos onto a DVD so now I have "TheShinyEeeveee: The Movie" on my shelf {XD}

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
The monthly quest seems a bit... imbalanced. I have the Shiny Charm, and getting 12 Pokemon in one month is something that I haven't been able to do yet :)

I have been doing mostly MM though.... and apparently that isn't affected by the charm.

Years
Figured I might as well give an update on the progress of my shiny collection. I only need 78 more shinies to have all that can be obtained legally. 22 of the 78 I can actually knock out myself through cloning and evolving.
Of course, it looks like I might have to earn some BP to get sneasel's trade evo item.

Back