• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
  • Hello, everyone! Congratulations on all the captures.

I've been absent due to being quite committed to Shiny/IV hunting and due to my PC currently being out of commission. Trading 4-5 IV leftovers with other people and over Wonder Trade is amazing, especially while waiting for battle requests.

Midnight is Adamant (everstone worked, yay!)

Everstone has worked 100% of the time since Pokémon Black 2/White 2. Rejoice! Also, if you're into IV breeding, equipping Destiny Knot to a parent in Gen VI makes it so 3 random IVs are passed down from a random parent and 2 random IVs are passed down from the other parent. Speedy five- or six-31 IV hatchlings.

Also, does anyone believe in the rumored tipping method? For those who are unfamiliar with it: Some people say that tipping NPCs in X&Y increases the chance of getting a shiny. Please post your opinions about this rumor.

Like many other theories, there's no conclusion you can have until the games are thoroughly cracked or you have a way to see hidden data (hello Instacheck!). I sincerely doubt it does anything to Shiny chance, since it has the proven function of increasing your style in Lumiose City.

Now, onwards to my own Shinies!

I've acquired three hatched Shinies in my absence: a Hawlucha, a Charmander and a Sneasel (yes, a Sneasel not from Friend Safari!). I don't have pictures of the first one and I don't want to snag my BF's iPod away from him, so I may edit the picture with pictures of Lachita at a later date. As for the other two, meet the Spoilerception of:

Yanzefeura
    Spoiler:

and

Valentyka (v.2)
    Spoiler:

You can tell I got a bit giddy with taking screenshots this time around! I honestly still think normal Weavile looks slightly better than Shiny Weavile, but Shiny Weavile looks better than I expected. Sure is a smug-looking cat-weasel hybrid, though!

My current hunting order is "Whatever crosses my mind first", since my competitive team looks pretty stable. Right now it's Rhyhorn and I believe the next one will be either Absol or Chespin.

Does anyone else feel like Chesnaught's Shiny colours should have been the normal colours and vice-versa? The deserty feel is alright, but the Shiny one's pre-evolutions focuses more on browns and the normal one's pre-evolutions on greens, so the final forms seem mismatched. Oh well, Game Freak as usual!

Good luck on your future hunts, champs!

P.S.: GTS and Wonder Trade be crazy! I've gotten one Shiny from each without trying - received a Shiny Corphish when I asked for "Any" Corphish and I got a Shiny Charmander from Wonder Trade yesterday (person didn't want it back). Both of those had bad stats, so I assume it was all intended. Gave the Charmander to a Charizard-crazed in-game friend and he really seemed to like the gift, spamming ":) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)" and whatnot.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I haven't seen chestnaught ' s shiny form yet, I'm trying not to spoil the starters,XD.

Wonder trading is indeed crazy sometimes. I received a shiny Palkia for a shiny Treecko with "any" set as well.

And congrats on those shinies and thank you for sharing pics. They were enjoyable to look at:)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I decided to take up chain fishing. My first attempt yesterday ended after three, so I went and caught an Inkay with Suction Cups to make things a little easier.

Eight chains in, and I encountered a shiny Dragalge. I captured him in a luxury ball. Despite his poor nature, I'm still happy to have run into my fourth X/Y shiny already! I lost my first one, but I still have the remaining three (Furfrou, Lampent, and Dragalge).

Years
  • Congrats on the dragagle. Suction cups does make chain fishing easier, though I have no room to talk. I have yet to have a succesful chain fish. I will get up to like 4 and something happens.

On another note, I received a shiny froakie and chespin in a trade yesterday. The chespin is 6 iv with bulletproof so I'm going to call off trying to mm that. The froakie on the other hand doesn't have any real good iv's nor does it have protean. I will continue my hunt for that but probably after I switch over to noibat. That is the last I want for my next play through.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Welp, It's been some time since my last post.

I don't have any new shinies except for 2 shiny luvdisc i found while farming heart scales (wasn't even trying to chain, wow), one of them probably being a full-odds since it was the first bite after coming back from the pokecenter. I've been busy with completing the dex and right now I'm about 5 entries away from the shiny charm. Can't wait to start breeding after I get it :D

Also, welcome to the club Lunis. It's nice to see you here. I'll take this chance and thank you for that shiny charmeleon you gave me. It was really nice of you :)

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • You are welcome:) sorry it took so long to get to you. That actually wasn't even the one I was getting cloned. When I gave that to you, my cloner still had them all,XD. I seen someone offer one in the qtt and immediately thought of you:)
    Also, I've heard that the shiny charm doesn't work for breeding this time around. Is this true? I hope not.
    I did hatch my shiny phantump after receiving the shiny charm though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I haven't found a shiny in a long time, I guess. Today, I was hunting in a Fire-Type Safari, when I come across a beautiful Shiny Gale Wings Fletchinder! I caught it in a Premier Ball, and I will upload a few pictures soon. I will also show my Sliggoo which I caught before :>

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I don't have any new shinies except for 2 shiny luvdisc i found while farming heart scales (wasn't even trying to chain, wow), one of them probably being a full-odds since it was the first bite after coming back from the pokecenter.
    My first shiny Pokemon ever was Luvdisc. I believe it was regular odds too, since I didn't even know about Suction Cups chain-fishing at the time. In fact, I had to switch spots every few attempts due to lack of bites. Probably my only "legit" shiny encounter.

Even though she's a Luvdisc, I don't hold it against her (in fact, my avatar proves it).

Years
  • Hi all,

I'm finally home after holiday, and will be able to soon put up pictures of shinies.

In other news, on the first hunt i've ever actually counted for (RE) i have success! After 447 Horde Encounters (this is quickly becoming my favourite method) and 2235 pokemon seen, I got my target, a shiny Klefki. Yet to think of a nickname. The shiny nosepass I got finally paid off (magnet pull)! Anywho, it is Lax, Prankster and i got it in a premier ball.

@Runasutaru, I knew that, I'm just more used to Black 1 and Pearl

On another note, I'm thinking of doing a badge quest in SoulSilver

My current hunt is Mareep on Route 12 (i think it is)

Years
  • Congratulations on all the shinies everyone!

So out of pure curiosity, is anyone at all still hunting 1/8192, or even 1/4096 without hordes? I've been seeing a ton of Masuda/Friend Safari/Hordes/Chaining/Fish chaining in all of the shiny groups I frequent. I see you're thinking of doing a SS badgequest, Enth. Idk, a lot of times I kind of miss how shiny hunting used to be, lol.

Anyway, still hunting away for my Cyndaquil!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Shiny hunting the "old way" seems rather masochist to me. I really appreciate the new methods as a way to bring shiny Pokemon to the casual player, while still requiring a modicum of time investment/effort.

I'm still cool with listing my shiny accomplishments for the shiny quests in two separate categories though; Success via any method, and the group's listed preferred method of Hordes/MM or dumb-luck :)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    HI everyone, congrats on all catches. Also welcome to all new members.

maybe this is not new and most of you knew about this, but looks like shiny locking the game mascots it's going to become a trend in pokemon. What do you think about this?

Cya and happy hunting.

Years
  • I personally do not like anything being shiny locked. I don't think it's fair to those who are willing to put in the time to SR or what not for a shiny mascot.
    Though it didn't bother too awfully much with zero and Reshiram since their shiny versions are rather mundane and boring imo.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I wanna join the club too! :)

The shinies I own in Gen VI are
    Pancham & Froakie. I got Pancham from a friend and I got Froakie by doing the masuda method and I got it in less than 10 tries! :D

Now I'm trying to get a Snorlax, but since they have a challenge going on, I'm gonna try going for a shiny Squirtle :D

Years
  • Shiny hunting the "old way" seems rather masochist to me. I really appreciate the new methods as a way to bring shiny Pokemon to the casual player, while still requiring a modicum of time investment/effort.

I'm still cool with listing my shiny accomplishments for the shiny quests in two separate categories though; Success via any method, and the group's listed preferred method of Hordes/MM or dumb-luck :)

Nah, not masochist really. I suppose the best way of putting it is like an old-woman accountant, and people keep saying to her, "look at these new-fangled computer programs! You'll get everything done 5 times faster!" and she says, "That's all well and good, but what if I like doing it the old way?" Lol! xD
    Maybe that was an over elaborate metaphor...

HI everyone, congrats on all catches. Also welcome to all new members.

maybe this is not new and most of you knew about this, but looks like shiny locking the game mascots it's going to become a trend in pokemon. What do you think about this?

Cya and happy hunting.

Yeah, I knew about it. It wasn't such a huge deal to me with Reshiram and Zekrom, but I absolutely adored Xerneas since the day it was announced and the shiny lock on it was a huge disappointment for me. Watching the community struggle with fake shiny pictures while people still tried to SR for the cover legendaries, with everyone saying "I don't know if it just hasn't turned up yet or it's shiny locked", was a pretty sad thing to see.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • So out of pure curiosity, is anyone at all still hunting 1/8192, or even 1/4096 without hordes?

I'm trying to reset for a Shiny Ho-oh on SoulSilver. I really dislike soft resetting, but I've still managed around 18000 resets thus far.

Personally, the only things in the past that were ever stopping me from getting Shinies from breeding only were:

1. Non-breedable Pokémon;
    2. Masuda Method only allowing you to get 'trophy' Shinies until Gen V, particularly B2/W2;
    3. Not using MM meant the Shiny could get good IVs and nature but would likely never show up (4000+ eggs and going for Nincada in SoulSilver because Shedinja is about the only Pokémon where you only want 2-3 max IVs; 5000+ eggs on Emerald for Torchic before I knew the RNG was funky; probably 2000-3000 eggs for Eevee on Pearl before I knew MM existed).

I like hunting for things and the more effort and time I put in, the more it tends to feel rewarding, at least to a certain degree (Ho-ohhhh!). However, if I can actually get good IVs on my Shiny with feasible odds, I'll go for the method that allows that.

It was a coincidence in time that Everstone started working along with MM only in Gen V, otherwise I would've potentially hunted for 1/8192 Shinies with 50-100% chance of natures being passed down in Gen IV.

I want my Shinies to be usable in proper battles - I don't want to hunt a Shiny to just keep it in my boxes forever. Additionally, the progressive and consistent gain of trade fodder and high stats Pokémon while breeding makes my Shiny hunting time feel like less of a gamble.

Being able to customise the nature, egg moves and IVs just makes breeding for Shinies a forever-winning scenario for me, especially since I get to trade other people leftovers to use as parents for their own hunts and I receive the same in turn.

fireflystorm

shsl loser
    Years
  • Personally the idea of the legendaries all being shiny-locked isn't such a big deal to me, all things considered... I mean, I never really worried about finding shiny legendaries. I guess just the idea of having the legendaries at all was good enough for me. Still, it's kind of a disappointment that those things won't exist anymore... No more shiny Celebi for me. ;m;

Also, sorry I've been gone for a while -- but I added a shiny Meowstic to my team!

Back