• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's been a while since I've posted. I went for my first SR legendary which was Groudon in Soul Silver.
    I finally got it after 2 weeks and 6999 soft resets. Soon I'll be going for Rayquaza, which I'll probably double hunt to speed it up.

Years
  • adding to my list. i got 2 Abras from route 2 and Hau'oli City, plus accidentally hatch shiny Porygon. next target would be Route 2 and Hau'oli Cemetery Pokemon.

that's great. good luck for your breeding. getting shiny with specific HP would be really hard to do for me. i wish you good luck.

Thanks, I know that getting specific HP is difficult but because I wanna use it on a Trick Room team I am also aiming for 0IVs in speed. I'm currently 181 eggs in and nothing just yet.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I found my second shiny Nidoran male in 435 hordes. Due to partaking in a Twitch streamer color contest I decided to evolve it up to Nidoking since they needed dark blue instead of Nidorino which was considered light blue.

Spoiler:

I had actually just gotten my 8th or 9th shiny Skrelp right before it on a fish chain of 40 going for Shellder.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Just got a shiny Rayquaza on my Heart Gold after 1948 total soft resets. It came much sooner than I expected, and unfortunately I had to use my Master Ball on it.

As for my next targets, I'm gonna go back to breeding for a bit, to try to finish off my Fennekin and Froakie hunts.

Years
  • adding to my shiny list: Drowzee, Smeargle, Vullaby, Spearow, Mankey, Growlithe, Zubat, Gastly, Misdreavous, Drifloon, and Delibird which means i already completed the Route 2, Hau'oli Cemetery, and Route 3. currently shiny i got in Alola 122/285.

next hunt will be Melemele meadow, seaward cave, and Kala'e bay before moving to Akaala.

Last edited:

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
  • I recently managed to get two shinies this week, I hatched a shiny Pyukumuku and a Shiny Minior. Now I'm trying to obtain a shiny Mimikyu through SOS, I'm around 100 or so encounters so I'm hoping to obtain it soon.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Ralts from Pokeradar chaining the other day. I would evolve it into Gallade, but it's female, so I'll just keep it as a Ralts or Kirlia since I already have a shiny Gardevoir.

Edit: I've been Masuda breeding all my Pokemon on Moon in hopes for a shiny and I hatched a shiny Snorunt this morning.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Did some horde hunting today looking for the hoard rare Shiny Nidoran Female as I prefer the female line to the male line and I already own a Shiny blue Nidoking through hoard hunting. After about 45 minutes of hunting I find exactly what I was looking for. She has a Lax nature and the Rivalry ability. I really like the pink colouration. I plan to evolve her to her final Nidoqueen form. Whilst the green may look odd and unfitting to the rest of the Nido line the reverse colours is a nice touch and she is a very noticeable Shiny. ????

A few weeks ago I also caught a random Shiny Eevee in X which I have evolved into Jolteon. The electric green colouration is striking. ????

Years
  • adding some shiny on my list:
    Melemele Meadow: Petilil, Caterpie now became Metapod
    Seaward Cave: Barboach
    Kaela Bay: Shellder, Bagon soon to be Shellgon, and Slowpoke soon to be Slowbro.

with this, i can confirm that i completed the SOS shiny Melemele Challenge.
    next target would be Akala Trials.

Years
  • *singing out of tune* guess who's back back back
    back again
    Spoiler:

I was going for seel in seafoam islands, I wasn't counting but I make this guy about 2 or 3k

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 39039 Jagged Pass encounters

"lol" I might hit 40,000! alolan vulpix would be proud. {XD}

*PSEUDO-EDIT: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG WOW!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha so since I only post once every couple of weeks or so, I sometimes write part of a post and then just add to it over the week as more people post and then finally submit the post after a few days of adding stuff to it and replying to other posts, haha. And the above was already written before the triumphant return!!!! :pink_boogie: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha OMG that's so cool that I mention alolan vulpix in an actual post and then he shows up and returns to the SHC once I start talking about him, "lol!" :happy:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Congrats on all those shinies, sater!! You're probably the greatest Melemele shiny master in the world!! :pink_laugh:
    i'm aiming for every possible SOS hunt Shiny in Alola while waiting pokepelago to hatch eggs which i hope some of them will turn out to be shiny. some sort of my own kind of Island Trials before facing the Ultar version of it.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Huge congrats on the shiny, icycat!! I love shiny Snorunt, and it's really awesome that you got one that could evolve into a shiny Froslass! And congrats on getting it in a Love Ball!!

*madly continues Emerald hunt to find all the Hoenn shinies so he can travel to Johto and finally catch shinies in cool Balls*

Thanks! And good luck finishing your Emerald hunt!

Speaking of Johto, I remembered that you could get the Kanto Starters in HGSS and figured that it would be faster SRing there than on LeafGreen. Got my Shiny Squirtle after roughly 6 resets! :D

zmGSv0P.jpg

Wartortle is my favorite Pokémon design ever, so I'm psyched that I'll finally have a full-odds Shiny one!

Gonna restart SoulSilver and use her as my partner. Just gotta remember to have some Apricorn Balls made during the play-through in case I run into any other Shinies (I always seem to forget to have them made until the post-game). I'll transfer her to Moon after that where she'll become a staple of my main team (replacing the one I MM'd in X).

Years
  • i started Shiny Akala Trials last sunday and currently i got several pokemon: eevee, Lillipup, and igglybuff at route 4 and i was quite lucky to get shiny whiscash instead of barboach at ohana town that completed my barboach shiny line. now i'm looking for either miltank or tauros at Paniola Ranch which is quite challenging knowing they have rare calling rate.

Years

"lol" I might hit 40,000! alolan vulpix would be proud. {XD}

*PSEUDO-EDIT: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG WOW!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha so since I only post once every couple of weeks or so, I sometimes write part of a post and then just add to it over the week as more people post and then finally submit the post after a few days of adding stuff to it and replying to other posts, haha. And the above was already written before the triumphant return!!!! :pink_boogie: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha OMG that's so cool that I mention alolan vulpix in an actual post and then he shows up and returns to the SHC once I start talking about him, "lol!" :happy:

Spoiler:

I am absolutely proud!! That's a great number ;) and when you get to 40k you can have a special medal from me!
    Goodness, someone else said it was nice to see me back the other day, you guys are gonna let it go to my head before long {XD} you make me sound old too!!
    *looks at giant statue* who put that there? right next to the g-money statue? ;)
    Oh my goodness your hunt count is getting so long now!! I will send you over some of this luck I've been having - which, speaking of...

Spoiler:

My first ever safari week shiny!! This was even my target and it only took ~1750 REs, it looks like those shiny gods are trying to entice me back into the hunting game along with you G-!

@icycatelf Congrats dude, that's such a quick hunt and such a gorgeous shiny!! It takes so long to get to the Kanto starters in HGSS too so they rarely get done in those games, it's aways nice to see them~

Years
  • adding to my shiny Trial Island Journey last couple of week. i cleared route 4 by getting shiny Igglybuff, eevee, and Lillipup. moving next to Ohana Town/Paniola Town i was aiming for shiny barboach but i got shiny Whiscash instead that makes my barboach line completed. moving to Paniola Ranch i was aiming shiny Miltank by chaining Tauros cause Tauros will call Miltank often than its own kind. however, what i got was shiny Tauros instead. now i'm on Pokemon Day Care which i got shiny Snorunt and another Shiny Poplio during my quest on one box 6 IV Pokemon for Wonder Trade Wednesday this week. still stuck on Paniola Ranch on Wurmple. going to Route 5 after did the WTW.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Only SOS hunt I'm interested in is shiny Beldum because I love shiny Metagross. *-* First gotta clear the game, then I can move on to such shenanigans.

Meanwhile I still haven't got the Cute Charm glitch to work on SS...

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 43434 Jagged Pass encounters

I did it!!! ^^ I made it to 40,000 encounters!!! NEW RECORD!!! :pink_boogie:

*bows head for medal from alolan vulpix*

Spoiler:

PSEUDO-EDIT: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGM OMG GUESS WHAT!?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

SHINY NUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking over my post for spelling and stuff before submitting, and when the clock struck 12, I looked down and saw a blue rock along the Jagged Pass!!!!!!!!!!! I audibly gasped in shock, having finally found the elusive shiny of the Jagged Pass!!!!!! :pink_boogie:

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that it was Numel, too, haha! That was the Hoenn shiny I really wanted, and I was kind of afraid that I'd find a shiny Machop (which I already have from the Fiery Path) and have to start my longest hunt all over again. But it wasn't a Machop!!! That awesome Numel appeared to me, and my greatest hunt is now complete, ready to enter the history books! :)

The amazing blue rock appeared on encounter #43,574!!!!! Wow. :laugh: I caught him on the sixth Premier Ball!

Spoiler:

And from all of the many, many times that I fell off the ledge and had to go back up, I never again saw that girl running around the mountain. It looks like I really experienced a truly rare event, something just like finding a shiny!

Now I've gotten the Hoenn shiny that I've really wanted!! My mini-tour has been a success, and keeping Emerald plugged-in and running for over two years to shuffle the RNG has definitely yielded me a bunch of awesome Hoenn shinies, haha. I still have to catch a Sandstorm shiny to beat Chr. Draco in our race, but after that, I'll be free to hunt throughout the rest of the Pokemon world!

*sniffs*
    *smells freedom in the air*

Also, I tried to come up with a really cool nickname to compete with some of the really sweet names I've seen on here. I was trying to think of a cool name for a blue rock...a blue rock...oh, a Blue Rock!! {XD} So I named him Wilmington, since Wilmington, Delaware is where the single-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox played in 2005. So not really a cool name, but at least a cool story! My shiny Numel really is a Blue Rock, haha! *gives baseball cap*

[EDIT: "lol" I just realized that this story doesn't explain at all why this is relevant. Blue Rocks is the name of the Delaware baseball team! The story should make more sense now. :silly:]

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND HE WAS CARRYING A RAWST BERRY!!!!!!!!! That means I place in the first Quest! Chr. Draco has already submitted a shiny with a hold item, but since the time has expired with only one entry so far, I'm guaranteed a top-three finish! Woot woot! :pink_boogie:

The next person to find a shiny with a hold item also places!

Last edited:
    Back