• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Bro I already said he did feel jealous .
    But blushing,jealousy is common among anime characters.
    Even dawn too got blushed when lyra asks her if ash is her boyfriend.That doesn't mean she has a crush on ash.
    If ash only has a feeling on Serena , then would you prefer amourshipping?

Am I annoying?

All I can say is that if they wanted Amourshipping to be canon, they would have made SURE to have him and Serena be an official item in that date episode, and NOT have everything occur as if nothing happened.

And it's not just Anime characters, it also happened with Ron and Hermione in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and that was literature.

And if Ash actually reciprocated the feelings, at the very least, I'd accept it as canon.

You can't say is oblivious to it. He asks Serena to join him. He gave her a hug in flashbacks. And he is extremely interested in what the girls are talking about. He is no where near as dense as he used to be. He is extremely curious. He acts totally different with Serena than any other girl.

He also cares a lot more about his group, especially Bonnie.

Like I said, if that were truly the case, why didn't they automatically become an actual, lovey-dovey couple in that date episode instead of things just staying exactly the same as beforehand with absolutely no change in the relationship? I know if it were me who wrote the episode and I wanted Amourshipping to be canon, I'd make SURE they were truly a couple by the end of the episode.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    You can't say is oblivious to it. He asks Serena to join him. He gave her a hug in flashbacks. And he is extremely interested in what the girls are talking about. He is no where near as dense as he used to be. He is extremely curious. He acts totally different with Serena than any other girl.

He also cares a lot more about his group, especially Bonnie.

If you watch the anime, he slowly changes his interest toward Serena more than pokemon. When they first mention the pokemon videos, he said the pokemon was cute and note Aria. And then when questions came up, he directly told Serena that she looked cute or something looked could on her, that is without her asking. He became surprised when she was modeling. He gave her a gift. And he liked it when she made it part of her main outfit.

Great. I agree that he changes interest towards Serena . He almost gets to know that Serena is crushing on him in "Shauna knows Serena likes ash episode" .So, I can conclude that Ash is not too dense . Also , He would start being jealous if he get's to know more about Serena (But serena prevents him from knowing about her as you see in that "Shauna knows Serena likes ash episode" she actually says "It's Unimportant" while Ash wa getting so close to know about her)
    But the date episode was epic .

And then when questions came up, he directly told Serena that she looked cute or something looked could on her, that is without her asking. He became surprised when she was modeling. He gave her a gift. And he liked it when she made it part of her main outfit.
    Can you tell me which episodes featured these scenes? because I wanna watch them. {XD} :)

But the main intention of my question is like "Am I the only one who is an amourshipper on pokecommunity? or are there any supporters of this ship like me on pokecommunity ? like serebii forums , Is there a thread on amourshipping ? because I'm not able to find one here {:3}

If you also don't mind, tell me whether short haired Serena looks better or long haired Serena? also which outfit do you prefer? old or new one? {XD}

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Because they can't accept that Pokemon is not a show about romance. Pokemon is kinda like Dora the Explorer, it's about never giving up and beating up gym leaders so you can participate in the league (and lose in the quarter-finals lol).

There are SO many girls that could be paired with Ash (the bolded ones are the more common shippings): Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena, Miette, Zoey, Latias, Bianca (M05), Melody, Anabel, Angie, Lyra, Shauna, Cynthia, Elesa, Macy, Bianca (BW), Penelope, Valerie, Lily, Daisy, Violet, Diantha, Giselle, Hilda, Rosa, Leaf, Skyla, Candice, Korrina, Clair, Erika... I counted 34 so far lol. Even if we take the bolded ones, it's still 13 girls.

Wonder why no one ends up with Ash? Because this show isn't about romance. That's what fanfiction is for, you imagine Ash being paired with one of the girls I mentioned above (or multiple of the girls above, or heck ALL of them) and write/read the hell out of it.

As for Ash x Serena, while AmourShipping is my #2 favourite shipping after Pearl, it was obvious from the start it's not gonna happen, unless they plan to get rid of Ash, in which case I could see Amour becoming canon. But I really doubt that.

Pokemon is a show for kids. Canonically, I really doubt Ash will end up with someone, even Pikachu or whatever crazy ideas are left.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't hate AmourShipping: I just think it's been overrated from the beginning. Sorry, but common sense tells us that it won't go anywhere since romance between Ash and his female friends has no place in the show given what the show focuses on instead (magical creatures), so I've never understood why Amour was expected to be fully canon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    Ok friend,
    But, I prefer amourshipping ,because , Serena is the first one to have a canonical crush on ash (I don't know much about misty because many say 4kids added fake hints(Sorry .No offence)) .Also , Serena is known by ash more previously than other companions .
    So I prefer it .Some people complain that she's always kind towards him and does not bicker with him . I would say because she doesn't bicker/argue because she doesn't want any fight between them. So,she's kind towards him. (only an opinion.Im extremely sorry if I offended anybody)
    Who knows? maybe serena will travel with ash in next generations and become a stronger trainer, then ash might notice her :) (I only hope it happens)

Actually , shipping 10 year old's is not a good idea .Because shipping generally contains fan assumed theories .But she has a canonical crush, so I prefer Amourshipping . (just an opinion of mine ;) )
    Serena only knew him for a summer before she moved while misty and brock knew him longer if any one is shipping it should be Brock x Satoshi or Brock x Clemont ships that look like they can go somewhere

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Actually, Ash x Gary is even more likely shipping, since they knew each other long before Ash met Brock and most likely even long before he met Serena on that summer camp ;)

I don't necessarily hate Amourshipping, but I do think it is quite stupid. Even ignoring the points made by other users about how Ash is oblivious to her affections or even love in itself currently, there's also the fact that they strongly implied if not outright stated that Serena was Ash's first childhood friend, certainly his first female childhood friend (which, even ignoring Misty for just ONE minute, we've also got Gary Oak and Molly Hale who, last time I checked, WERE Ash's childhood friends as well, and in the case of Molly, is an ACTUAL girl, and I'm pretty sure they were his friends around the time Ash and Serena met going by flashbacks and Movie 3's photos.), and quite frankly, since they literally only met once very briefly, I wouldn't even say they were actual friends.
    Maybe I missed something, but where exactly it was told Serena was Ash's first childhood friend? I only remember that Ash was Serena's first childhood friend, not the other way around. And that actually makes sense for me, since Serena remembers her first childhood friend, even developing crush on him, yet Ash forgot about her, since he had lots of other friends.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    I agree with you
    But there are only some UN-Edited hints by 4Kids on pokeshipping like pokemon 2nd movie and others (But not as many as amour . Maybe amour is one sided, But ash did'nt travel with serena to other region like orange islands to have feelings for her as much as misty)
    We all know Dawn also gets blushed when lyra asks dawn whether ash is her boyfriend.
    It's natural that many anime characters show jealousy, blushing etc.
    I respect pokeshipping.(I used to like it before until I got to know of 4kids edits)
    But what I say is you may also like AT Least one aspect about amourshipping ,if you watch it without considering complaints of other shippers (amourshipping is not too bad) (no offence)But the fact is many may not agree with me quickly.
    What I wanted to say is Amourshipping is not too bad dude,U might like it if you watch kalos saga without nostalgia feelings .
    Please don't start shipping wars -_- . I actually wanted to know why there are many Anti-amourshippers on pokecommunity {:3} and I was actually wondering if there are any amoushippers on this website {XD}
    P.S:-Extremely Sorry If I offended you ;-;
    I don't care so much about Misty liking Ash or Serena it was more that you said there were no real hints about Misty liking Ash and I wanted to give you an example.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Shipping, huh?

I'm indifferent towards AmourShipping. I feel like Serena's crush on Ash (because of the silly handkerchief incident) is really cute. While I don't personally ship it, it would be a cute endgame, if it were to ever happen. It's also the only ship since PokeShipping I've seen plausible, especially since the anime went and had an episode name such as, "Ash and Serena's first Date*" or something like that. This was pushing it a bit... for shame. However, I do suppose... the US waters down all shipping. That's to be expected of us, anyway. As for Misty liking Ash, I don't know, I saw many signs akin to tsundere behavior in anime, I feel like if Misty were to continue travelling with Ash she'd have eventually told him she liked him, but I highly doubt it. Ah well.

Also, I'm more for obscure ships that no one in the Pokemon Anime community ships! Oops.

*In English, this would be the episode known as Under the Pledging Tree, which seemingly erases the shippy name of the episode when it was in Japanese.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Shipping, huh?

I'm indifferent towards AmourShipping. I feel like Serena's crush on Ash (because of the silly handkerchief incident) is really cute. While I don't personally ship it, it would be a cute endgame, if it were to ever happen. It's also the only ship since PokeShipping I've seen plausible, especially since the anime went and had an episode name such as, "Ash and Serena's first Date*" or something like that. This was pushing it a bit... for shame. However, I do suppose... the US waters down all shipping. That's to be expected of us, anyway. As for Misty liking Ash, I don't know, I saw many signs akin to tsundere behavior in anime, I feel like if Misty were to continue travelling with Ash she'd have eventually told him she liked him, but I highly doubt it. Ah well.

Also, I'm more for obscure ships that no one in the Pokemon Anime community ships! Oops.

*In English, this would be the episode known as Under the Pledging Tree, which seemingly erases the shippy name of the episode when it was in Japanese.

plausible ship doesn't make a better ship !
    Infect , Amourshipping is Boring and too mature! We need Ship that fits a Kids Anime.

Here is a list of Plausible ship --

Amourshipping
    Pokeshipping
    Pearlshipping
    Negaishipping
    Advanceshipping.

Now , Here is list of Best shipping --

Pearlshipping
    Advanceshipping
    Pokeshipping
    Negaishipping
    Amourshipping.

Pearlshipping is the Best because Ash & Dawn perfect chemistry.
    Dawn is the only girl who was treated like Ash partner , That make her one of the best traveling companion.
    Ya , Ash & Misty has great Chemistry But Misty feel too much like Ash's "Older sister" then a partner. Even though she claimed herself to be 10 year old.

Years
  • Infect , Amourshipping is Boring and too mature! We need Ship that fits a Kids Anime.

How is AmourShipping "too mature"? It's currently about Serena having a crush on Ash: That's as far as it's gotten and likely the peak of the ship in general. It's not as if she and Ash are swapping tongue kisses or sleeping together on the show...

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • How is AmourShipping "too mature"? It's currently about Serena having a crush on Ash: That's as far as it's gotten and likely the peak of the ship in general. It's not as if she and Ash are swapping tongue kisses or sleeping together on the show...

I agree. Unless Famon is associating 'mature' with 'boring'.

If so, I'd like to agree that Amourshipping is kind of boring, because Serena never gets mad at Ash like Misty or May did. However, I don't see how Serena being nice to Ash makes Amourshipping not a good ship for a kid's show.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    plausible ship doesn't make a better ship !
    Infect , Amourshipping is Boring and too mature! We need Ship that fits a Kids Anime.
    Pearlshipping is the Best because Ash & Dawn perfect chemistry.
    Dawn is the only girl who was treated like Ash partner , That make her one of the best traveling companion.
    Ya , Ash & Misty has great Chemistry But Misty feel too much like Ash's "Older sister" then a partner. Even though she claimed herself to be 10 year old.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Guys, as a reminder, please be sure to stay civil when posting. Flaming or harassing other users to get your point across will result in infractions. Remember these are just characters from a TV show and despite how fun shipping is to discuss there are real people (with feelings nonetheless!) behind that computer screen.

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    And besides, Ash only pretends to be interested in girls. The only person he has love interest in is Gary Oak. I am sure Serena will, sooner or later, realize that too, will stop pursuing Ash and find real love with Tierno and together, they will found Kalos Pokémon and Human Dance Academy, living happily ever after ;)
    *avoiding hateful comments throwing on him

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • And besides, Ash only pretends to be interested in girls. The only person he has love interest in is Gary Oak. I am sure Serena will, sooner or later, realize that too, will stop pursuing Ash and find real love with Tierno and together, they will found Kalos Pokémon and Human Dance Academy, living happily ever after ;)
    *avoiding hateful comments throwing on him

Did you mean PalletShipping? That's a plausible ship. Too bad Gary hasn't been around since the Sinnoh region, though, wonder if he'd return from some shipping fodder. I wouldn't even be surprised if Ash were gay.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Spoiler:

Dude , Serena has one-side feeling for Ash so its normal for her to blush.
    A lot of character has one-side feeling for Ash and blush at him but that doesn't mean Ash should end up with all of them.
    230px-Angie_blushing.png

Also , Copying Ash's technique doesn't make her a better trainer then Dawn.
    Specially when both Ash & Dawn taken technique for each other and improvise it.
    Also , You claim Serena to be only person that care about Ash the most ! All other girl care about him , Just because Serena blush every single time doesn't make her the Best.

Also , Serena is not the combination of good qualities from all girls.
    Serena doesn't have May's level of Unique and genuine beauty.
    Serena chemistry with Ash is not nearly good as Dawn & Ash.
    Serena doesn't have Misty's level of intellect and maturity.

Also , Misty also took care of him when he got sick which prove Misty to be a good wife as well.
    May always cared about Ash & Pikachu ! She always gets worried and tries to save him when he's in danger or worried.
    She even handled Ash temper (something Serena haven't done ) stop him from fighting
    Spoiler:

Furthermore , Ash and May has far better romantic scene then any other shipping! Not to mention , she's the only one to share an item with Ash beside Gary.
    Its a shame that some Shoujo manga-freak took over the show and favored Drew over Ash.
    Also , Serena might have better as a referring character But she's nearly not a good traveling companion.
    The Only reason Serena gets any attention its for Her canonize crush on Ash. If She didn't had any crush on Ash then She might became more boring traveling companion then Iris.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back