• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Guys, as a reminder, please be sure to stay civil when posting. Flaming or harassing other users to get your point across will result in infractions. Remember these are just characters from a TV show and despite how fun shipping is to discuss there are real people (with feelings nonetheless!) behind that computer screen.

Thank you.

Can we also make people put these endless gigantic images in spoiler tags too, please? Holy smokes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Shipping is exactly like that, it should be fun, not something that should be taken too seriously as the two above seems to do. Yes, I am PalletShipper and start to like DancerShipping (the name for Tierno and Serena shipping, in case you don't know) more and more, but why it should bother me that someone is AmourShipper or PearlShipper, it's their thing. I am willing to have civilized debates about what we like or dislike about certain shippings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other a
    Years
  • If I may present my general opinion about the topic as well, I think that either Misty or Serena fit Satoshi best, if there is ever is actually ever something to happen. Misty fits him well because of their differences in personality or her educating Satoshi while they were on their journey (but we already know nothing more will ever happen between because the anime continued).
    Serena still fits him a little better though because Satoshi´s character in the XY Series fits her supporting character very well and it´s also quite visible for everybody (except of course for the named individual) how much Serena likes Satoshi, but she can´t and probably won´t ever say her feelings which is a pity because then I don´t understand what her feelings are for. In the last three serieses with May, Dawn and Iris it was clear that they were friends, none of these girls had any kind of love interest in Satoshi, but it´s obviously different with Serena, so there should be some kind of clarification of their feelings because otherwise they are really for nothing and they could have been just normal friends who eventually split up and never meet each other again.

Years
  • Just had to make edits to some recent posts in this thread. Again, remember to stay civil when discussing, otherwise infractions will have to be sent out or, depending on the severity of the situation, users banned from posting here altogether. This is the last warning we'll be giving.

And yes, please try to keep lengthy posts/quotes in spoiler tags to be respectful to other users. It's not a rule but is highly encouraged. Browsing this thread is becoming near unbearable because of the lengthy time required to scroll through everything. I'll be adding spoiler tags to the most recent page.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I believe That May and Dawn are better choice as Ash's love interest then any other girl in this entire series.

---Dawn is Best choice if anyone seek character interaction , Dynamic , chemistry and Partner.
    Dawn is like Ash's real childhood friend and has the same intimacy that we seek from a childhood friend.
    Furthermore , She like Ash's partner who train together with him to development new technique and ideas for their battle.

--- May is the Better choice when its come to story.
    She can instantly create competition in the Anime because of Drew ! Animes like Pokemon require competition.
    Furthermore , May is widely accepted as the prettiest traveling companion of Ash.
    Even Fans who believe Dawn and Serena as the Best girl are also admitted May to be prettier then them.
    Which makes Her a great Eye-candy ! The Former director admitted Female companion role as Eye-candy.
    Furthermore , She is the 2nd character to have a complete family ! Her family also make Advanceshipping interesting.
    Don't forget the Half-cut ribbon that May share with Ash ! There are so many interesting storyplot that can be created though that ribbon.
    Just imagine a New opening where Ash & May walk opposite side while holding their ribbon. Ash look at his ribbon and May look at her ribbon , There the camera zoom in as the scene stat to spin and we see May battling Lisia in a Contest and then Ash battling the E4 Champion in the League.

It is a big shame that the anime ignore the two Best choice for Ash's love-interest.
    Specially when those two are two perfect choice!
    Ash won't even need a Harem if he has May.
    Honestly, I think it better choice if May or Dawn return in the next series as Ash's traveling companion instate of a new girl ! I believe I would rather enjoy Contest then Tripokalon or Type-mastery.

Specially if We get to see "Love-rivalry" between Ash & Drew !
    Off Course , It would be more interesting if Drew and Brendan fight over May while Ash end up winning the girl due to his Pure intention.
    Just imagine an Episode where May is trying to choose between Drew and Brendan ! But then Ash appear and told her that they are young so they have more time to find love so May doesn't need to chose between anyone , She should enjoy her time now and someday the right choice will appear front of her.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I believe That May and Dawn are better choice as Ash's love interest then any other girl in this entire series.

---Dawn is Best choice if anyone seek character interaction , Dynamic , chemistry and Partner.
    Dawn is like Ash's real childhood friend and has the same intimacy that we seek from a childhood friend.
    Furthermore , She like Ash's partner who train together with him to development new technique and ideas for their battle.

--- May is the Better choice when its come to story.
    She can instantly create competition in the Anime because of Drew ! Animes like Pokemon require competition.
    Furthermore , May is widely accepted as the prettiest traveling companion of Ash.
    Even Fans who believe Dawn and Serena as the Best girl are also admitted May to be prettier then them.
    Which makes Her a great Eye-candy ! The Former director admitted Female companion role as Eye-candy.
    Furthermore , She is the 2nd character to have a complete family ! Her family also make Advanceshipping interesting.
    Don't forget the Half-cut ribbon that May share with Ash ! There are so many interesting storyplot that can be created though that ribbon.
    Just imagine a New opening where Ash & May walk opposite side while holding their ribbon. Ash look at his ribbon and May look at her ribbon , There the camera zoom in as the scene stat to spin and we see May battling Lisia in a Contest and then Ash battling the E4 Champion in the League.

It is a big shame that the anime ignore the two Best choice for Ash's love-interest.
    Specially when those two are two perfect choice!
    Ash won't even need a Harem if he has May.
    Honestly, I think it better choice if May or Dawn return in the next series as Ash's traveling companion instate of a new girl ! I believe I would rather enjoy Contest then Tripokalon or Type-mastery.

Specially if We get to see "Love-rivalry" between Ash & Drew !
    Off Course , It would be more interesting if Drew and Brendan fight over May while Ash end up winning the girl due to his Pure intention.
    Just imagine an Episode where May is trying to choose between Drew and Brendan ! But then Ash appear and told her that they are young so they have more time to find love so May doesn't need to chose between anyone , She should enjoy her time now and someday the right choice will appear front of her.

Hey buddy ! I'll talk to ya later (I mean I'll reply to your previous post which you replied me but I didn't respond.maybe in a week).
    You're cool due to the fact that you've replied me the most :)
    And yeah Serena and Dawn are my favourites :D
    Have a great day!

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other a
    Years
  • Lol in the end, no matter who fits him best, Ash is probably the only one who will stay alone forever for plot reasons. There might be hints all the time of girls liking him, but he doesn´t notice anyway. Also, I don´t think Ash and May should have been together, because May somehow fits Drew very well^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ta-Daa , Look What I found ---

tumblr_o64902GtjK1sj7963o1_500.gif

As for perfect girl for Ash , I want someone cool & Badass like a Shouene heroin! Basically A girl who sit calmly and read book while people run from Berserk Pokemon until it reach close to her as she quickly call upon her pokemon to knock it down in one blow.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • May and Dawn suit Ash very well. Sure, Ash x Misty is cool, but a Pokemon coordinator fits Ash much better than a gym leader in my opinion. Both girls had good chemistry with Ash and made good teams under his care. But it's not like it's gonna happen.

May x Drew is pretty much obsolete, the writers don't even care about Drew anymore. Ash x Gary is like pairing Goku with Vegeta, which I don't really like. Dawn x Kenny is less sensical than pairing Goku with all the Sailor Senshi at once lol.

^Cynthia could somewhat work in this fashion.

Last edited:
    Years
  • May and Dawn suit Ash very well.
    Eh, they're quite different in many ways. Ash is generally related more to struggle and a slight liking of grit and so on, etc. Part of the problem is that May for instance can seem to 'suit' just about anyone, which might be part of why they're known to be shipped and attracted to just about anyone. Given how they tend to be in that sense, Ash, who's generally more adamant on his journey, might seem a bit derailed by having to get too close to such people, apart from occasional romantic vignettes.

There's not that much room for it unless they had a protracted return, as someone like May returning just for a brief coupling thing, despite being considerably different from the tone of the anime at present, might be problematic, although it might perhaps work more with Dawn, who's a bit more like an eclectic collage of the traits of some of the girls previous to them.

Sure, Ash x Misty is cool, but a Pokemon coordinator fits Ash much better than a gym leader in my opinion.
    To be fair, at this point, co-ordinator, performer, etc., are blending into each other a bit, so in that sense it might make slightly more sense to opt for someone who does at least engage in training and so on, for display purposes. The problem there is that Misty isn't generally portrayed as that interested in Ash, although she rarely goes for protracted flings with others.

May x Drew is pretty much obsolete, the writers don't even care about Drew anymore.
    To be fair, May has been absent for a while as well, so they could just sneak that through as a way of doing things easily without having to portray that kind of relationship in detail, which they don't seem to want to do.

As for perfect girl for Ash , I want someone cool & Badass like a Shouene heroin!
    If they indeed took heroin, they could do all of that and more.

After the Serena thing, how long until the anime degenerates into soppy lines from Twilight? Ash turns into Greninja, tells Serena that she's his heroin, and then plays baseball against Alain's Charizard.

I mean, if they wanted to drag Drew back as well...

They probably don't want to make too much of that, but in a sense most of that arc is already complete. They could go for something relating to May casting a wish about it, possibly, and also seeing Ho-Oh, which by this point essentially means nothing much other than that they might get lucky at some point, but anyway.

In terms of Pokémon, you probably don't want to make that kind of courtship process, which might be emphasised in certain more 'Japanese' anime, too much of a focus, as it might distract from the predominant focus and sense of adventure and wilderness of the series. That said, though, May didn't half spend a lot of time being forced to reconcile couples and reinstitute them, so in a sense of lot of what made her a prominent ship might now be irrelevant to people watching the anime now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Eh, they're quite different in many ways. Ash is generally related more to struggle and a slight liking of grit and so on, etc. Part of the problem is that May for instance can seem to 'suit' just about anyone, which might be part of why they're known to be shipped and attracted to just about anyone. Given how they tend to be in that sense, Ash, who's generally more adamant on his journey, might seem a bit derailed by having to get too close to such people, apart from occasional romantic vignettes.

Opposite attracts !
    Since May's personality is more opposite of Ash so she might become a better wife for him.
    Opposite people make better couple because they make up for the traits that each other lack.
    That Why , Ash's ideal partner should be A girl who's Strict , Serious , intelligent , mature and realist!
    Someone who can handle and straighten up a hyper-active hotheaded reckless guy like Ash.

Techically , I prefer someone like Alexis Rhode (Yugioh) who so beautiful , strong and popular that every other boy except Ash falls for her.
    While Ash remain clueless to her beauty and treat her like an ordinary girl that piss of her fans.
    After the Serena thing, how long until the anime degenerates into soppy lines from Twilight? Ash turns into Greninja, tells Serena that she's his heroin, and then plays baseball against Alain's Charizard.

That's why I don't like amourshipping.

There's not that much room for it unless they had a protracted return, as someone like May returning just for a brief coupling thing, despite being considerably different from the tone of the anime at present, might be problematic, although it might perhaps work more with Dawn, who's a bit more like an eclectic collage of the traits of some of the girls previous to them.

Well , May has more chance of returning thanks to ORAS.
    She might appear to show off her New ORAS outfit.

I mean, if they wanted to drag Drew back as well...

Drew appearing as Love-rival and competing with Ash sound far better then any "Doki Doki Amourshipping Twlight scene".

They probably don't want to make too much of that, but in a sense most of that arc is already complete. They could go for something relating to May casting a wish about it, possibly, and also seeing Ho-Oh, which by this point essentially means nothing much other than that they might get lucky at some point, but anyway.

Actually , I'm betting my hope on Pokemon Sun and Moon series.

In terms of Pokémon, you probably don't want to make that kind of courtship process, which might be emphasised in certain more 'Japanese' anime, too much of a focus, as it might distract from the predominant focus and sense of adventure and wilderness of the series. That said, though, May didn't half spend a lot of time being forced to reconcile couples and reinstitute them, so in a sense of lot of what made her a prominent ship might now be irrelevant to people watching the anime now.

What does Japanese coutshipping has anything to do with advanceshipping.
    May's parents just capable of making Advanceshipping interesting.
    Have you noticed that Norman has the same Clueless dense personality as Ash! The guy needed 5 people to realize that his wife is leaving him.
    Their similarity might create more funny yet shippy scene Such as --

Ash : Wait , Your doing all that to make a girl like you ? That such a waste , Pokemon are such more then important then a girl .

Norman : That's right , You should focus on Pokemon training then chasing after a girl .

Caroline & May : BOTH OF YOU ARE MORONS !!!

If they indeed took heroin, they could do all of that and more.

Lot of Shouene Battle anime has cool and Badass girl .
    So Why can't Pokemon anime bring a badass girl ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Pokemon isn't shonen.

Actually , It is !
    Pokemon is what you call A "Shouene Kids Anime" ! Basically Anime that are written more on Shouene style.
    Just like Digimon , Bakugun and Yugioh.
    You can also find Kids Anime that are written more like Shoujo that deal with Romance and Love stuf like Shugo chara Chara or Mirmo.
    Specially Shugo chara - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0u6OMuL3lc
    Even you must admit that all those scene are way mature for a Kids anime! Specially when The Heroin is an Elementary student while the Hero is a High school student.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • So apparently, according to a friend of mine:

Spoiler:

Discuss Amourshipping's new development, tbh.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Well, she didn't really, she just said "Because I- I... !!" and cut herself off, and it sounded like it could'a been a confession given the dramatics of the scene in general, but !! I'm shipping trash, and maybe someone else got something different outta that scene. I won't go into too much detail, cause it's a really new Japanese episode, so. Still, their development in general is something that I love. Or rather, her development, because she's the first main girl that's reacted to Ash in such a way, I think it's cute in a funny way. There's definitely bones thrown at Amourshippers all the time, and it's kind of great.

But as far as Ash goes, he seems mostly just surprised that she cares so much, or half of the time doesn't even notice that she turns five different shades of red. I mean, I hope that changes even a little bit. The shipper side of my brain goes "OMG PLEASE", but the logical part of my brain is going "yeah nah it wont happen".

}Keldeo7923{

Keldeo
    Years
  • I choose to Ship One Anime Couple, and that is AshxSerena (Amour Shipping). Serena has had the most character development out of all of Ash's female Companions on his journeys through the Pokemon world, so I think it might be plausible for Ash to maybe win Kalos and Stay with Serena, or maybe Serena will follow Ash to Alola, I don't know if Serena would follow Ash to a different region though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I choose to Ship One Anime Couple, and that is AshxSerena (Amour Shipping). Serena has had the most character development out of all of Ash's female Companions on his journeys through the Pokemon world, so I think it might be plausible for Ash to maybe win Kalos and Stay with Serena, or maybe Serena will follow Ash to Alola, I don't know if Serena would follow Ash to a different region though.

Oh buddy , Your never watched AG Series ! Didn't you ?
    Because May is far more developed then Serena , In fact Serena's development is joke compare to May.
    Serena's whole dream of becoming Kalos Queen feels unrealistic!
    It feels like She was just desperate for goal and simply took Pokemon showcase!
    May actually shown passion for Pokemon contest before becoming one.
    Serena , She just watch one showcase briefly and Suddenly declare she will become Kalos queen like Aria. Its lacked so much passion that it feel unrealistic.
    Also , Serena cutting her hair doesn't prof any passion ! Just Like Sakura Haruno (Naruto) cutting her hair didn't made her any useful . Its just a cliche plot where Heroin Cut off her hair in name of rebirth .

So, I think Mainly Ash and Dawn has the chemistry for a main couple since Dawn was treated like a true Co-star unlike other girls.
    In fact , May and Dawn are the two best choice for Ash.
    May is the best choice as an Eyecandy and Dawn is the best choice in chemistry.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    May was a very developed character.. and she belongs with Drew
    Dawn belongs with Zoey or Gary.. or both
    Brock needs a Joy
    Misty is an indépendant Feminist
    Ash is oblivious
    Cilan needs to meet Harley
    Iris needs to search for her career path before love finds her
    Clement needs that girl he almost married
    Max needs to meet Bonnie

or we can just realize these are kids and ship them in the future

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    May was a very developed character.. and she belongs with Drew
    Dawn belongs with Zoey or Gary.. or both
    Brock needs a Joy
    Misty is an indépendant Feminist
    Ash is oblivious
    Cilan needs to meet Harley
    Iris needs to search for her career path before love finds her
    Clement needs that girl he almost married
    Max needs to meet Bonnie

or we can just realize these are kids and ship them in the future

Ash deserve May more since he was the one who helped her to find her own love for Pokemon long before Drew existed.
    Not to mention , Ash saved May's life multiple time and nearly died once.
    In fact , I wonder if Drew ever like the selfish Pokemon hater that May was before meeting Ash.

Also , Ash is Just 10 year old so he suppose to be oblivious!
    Kids understand Marriage and crush but not Love or Dating. Ash did develop a crush on Giselle which means that he not immune to Girlsh charm , It just that No other Girl beside Giselle was good enough to attract him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back