• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Simple Help / Quick Questions

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
so The Black/White saga and Diamond/pearl are the names for each season of Pokémon the show? or are those the games? (sorry I'm not very bright when it comes to this stuff)

With new apps like Pokemon TV the episodes are now called series and are labelled as "Pokemon the Series". So for example we now have "Pokemon the Series: The Beginning" which covers both Seasons 1 and 2 which are known as The Indigo League (Season 1) and Adventures in the Orange Islands (Season 2)

So;

Pokemon the Series: The Beginning (Season 1 and 2 - Covers Kanto / Orange Islands)
Pokemon the Series: Gold and Silver (Seasons 3, 4, and 5 - Covers Johto)
Pokemon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire (Seasons 6, 7, 8, and 9 - Covers Hoenn / Kanto [Frontier])
Pokemon the Series: Diamond and Pearl (Seasons 10, 11, 12, and 13 - Covers Sinnoh)
Pokemon the Series: Black and White (Seasons 14, 15, and 16 - Covers Unova)
Pokemon the Series: XY (Seasons 17, 18, and 19 - Covers Kalos)

However before the apps and such were released Seasons were individually titled like;

(These are all Seasons 1 - 19)
Pokemon: Indigo League
Pokemon: Adventures in the Orange Islands
Pokemon: The Johto Journeys
Pokemon: Johto League Champions
Pokemon: Master Quest
Pokemon: Advanced
Pokemon: Advanced Challenge
Pokemon: Advanced Battle
Pokemon: Battle Frontier
Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl
Pokemon DP: Battle Dimension
Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles
Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors
Pokemon: Black and White (Best Wishes in Japan)
Pokemon BW: Rival Destinies
Pokemon BW: Adventures in Unova
Pokemon BW: Adventures in Unova and Beyond (This is a part 2 to the former, not a separate season)
Pokemon the Series: XY
Pokemon the Series: XY Kalos Quest
Pokemon the Series: XYZ

The XY series were released after the apps so they always had the series prefix whereas the older seasons received those titles after the release.

I hope this clears up any confusion, if not, feel free to ask more!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hi everybody, I'm French and I would like to improve my English and for that, I would like watch episodes of Pokemon with English dub and sub. Do you know where can I find that ?
Thanks a lot !

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Hi everybody, I'm French and I would like to improve my English and for that, I would like watch episodes of Pokemon with English dub and sub. Do you know where can I find that ?
Thanks a lot !

Asking for links to the sub is illegal as it's pirated... sorry.
Try the Pokemon dub on the Pokemon website, as that's the legal way to watch it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Oh, sorry, I understand.
I try on the Pokemon website, thanks a lot.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
With new apps like Pokemon TV the episodes are now called series and are labelled as "Pokemon the Series". So for example we now have "Pokemon the Series: The Beginning" which covers both Seasons 1 and 2 which are known as The Indigo League (Season 1) and Adventures in the Orange Islands (Season 2)

So;

Pokemon the Series: The Beginning (Season 1 and 2 - Covers Kanto / Orange Islands)
Pokemon the Series: Gold and Silver (Seasons 3, 4, and 5 - Covers Johto)
Pokemon the Series: Ruby and Sapphire (Seasons 6, 7, 8, and 9 - Covers Hoenn / Kanto [Frontier])
Pokemon the Series: Diamond and Pearl (Seasons 10, 11, 12, and 13 - Covers Sinnoh)
Pokemon the Series: Black and White (Seasons 14, 15, and 16 - Covers Unova)
Pokemon the Series: XY (Seasons 17, 18, and 19 - Covers Kalos)

However before the apps and such were released Seasons were individually titled like;

(These are all Seasons 1 - 19)
Pokemon: Indigo League
Pokemon: Adventures in the Orange Islands
Pokemon: The Johto Journeys
Pokemon: Johto League Champions
Pokemon: Master Quest
Pokemon: Advanced
Pokemon: Advanced Challenge
Pokemon: Advanced Battle
Pokemon: Battle Frontier
Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl
Pokemon DP: Battle Dimension
Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles
Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors
Pokemon: Black and White (Best Wishes in Japan)
Pokemon BW: Rival Destinies
Pokemon BW: Adventures in Unova
Pokemon BW: Adventures in Unova and Beyond (This is a part 2 to the former, not a separate season)
Pokemon the Series: XY
Pokemon the Series: XY Kalos Quest
Pokemon the Series: XYZ

The XY series were released after the apps so they always had the series prefix whereas the older seasons received those titles after the release.

I hope this clears up any confusion, if not, feel free to ask more!

so the seasons before XY, XY Kalos Quest, XYZ were named after the Pokémon TV App? for example: Indigo League, Adventures in the Orange Islands, etc. also there are 20 seasons that you listed

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
so the seasons before XY, XY Kalos Quest, XYZ were named after the Pokémon TV App? for example: Indigo League, Adventures in the Orange Islands, etc. also there are 20 seasons that you listed

Yes, from the beginning those seasons had those titles. It was only when they started getting released on streaming apps that they received "The Series" titles.

No, there's still 19, I made a note. Season 16 was split into two parts. Read my list again. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
Yes, from the beginning those seasons had those titles. It was only when they started getting released on streaming apps that they received "The Series" titles.

No, there's still 19, I made a note. Season 16 was split into two parts. Read my list again. :)

why did have to make The Pokémon Series so confusing with titles for each season:(

oh okay I guess I didn't read your list carefully, sorry :)

I looked up that Pokémon TV and I might have to watch Pokémon on that because Netflix only has Indigo League and Black and White. also their IMDB has Indigo League mixed with the next season which is weird

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
Writers confirmed it???

Did the writers confirm that Brock and misty won't return to the anime?? I read that somewhere nd wanted to know whether it was true or not

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Did the writers confirm that Brock and misty won't return to the anime?? I read that somewhere nd wanted to know whether it was true or not

Well, Masamitsu Hidaka indicated they won't return, but then again, he also indicated that they will only change up females, yet come Best Wishes, that's obviously no longer a concern.

Besides, I find it suspicious they would make a region modeled after Hawaii even when they have plenty of real-world landmasses to choose from, it being released around the same time as the 20th Anniversary of the Anime, and the GEM series being released a year earlier than it should for them to simply be celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Anime. And considering the Team Rocket Radio show episode with Ash and Misty on it, I doubt the fact that Ash said he'll be seeing Misty soon was simply acknowledgement of a reunion in general.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Nicknames question

Something I was thinking about when rewatching the last couple of episodes of season 1 yesterday- whenever a trainer called a Pokemon by a nickname, did the original Japanese episode use nicknames also, whether or not the US dub used the same name translated? Or were nicknames unique to the US dub as a reference to the Game Boy games where you could choose to refer to your Pokemon by a nickname? Ritchie calling his Charmander "Zippo" makes me think that the US made up its own nicknames at least for that one, although I'm not sure if Zippo lighters are available and popular in Japan as well.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
According to Bulbapedia, all of Richie's Pokemon have the same nicknames in the Japanese version except for Sparky who is named Leon and Happy who is named Papi. So yeah, nicknames were present in the original version.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Thanks. I did read the Bulbapedia entry for the episode but I must've missed that note about the nicknames.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Pokemon Episodes

Excuse me, I want to watch ALL the pokemon episodes that have ever created and I 'm trying to do this from the youtube, but I 'm really confused because I cant't find a youtuber, a playlist or anything where I could watch them all (in English). Could anybody held me with this?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
That is impossible, legally, anyway. Try the Pok?mon website as a LEGAL method to watch the Pok?mon anime. Support the industry. Try the Pok?mon Tv app as well, if you have a phone or tablet/ipad, whatever.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Excuse me, I want to watch ALL the pokemon episodes that have ever created and I 'm trying to do this from the youtube, but I 'm really confused because I cant't find a youtuber, a playlist or anything where I could watch them all (in English). Could anybody held me with this?

As state you cannot watch all episode on youtube. It is near impossible and illegal. If you have Boomarang on your TV as a channel, you can watch Gens 1-4 or so on it daily, although they go in order. Currently I think they are in Gen 3.

Pokemon TV, is a free official app that you can use are you devices and your computer on the main Pokemon Site. However, they only change episodes every few weeks, but you can watch all the generation at the same time.

Netflix also has all of the Original Saga up to the second season of Gen 6 currently. However, netflix is a monthly fee that you or your parents will have to pay for.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
As state you cannot watch all episode on youtube. It is near impossible and illegal. If you have Boomarang on your TV as a channel, you can watch Gens 1-4 or so on it daily, although they go in order. Currently I think they are in Gen 3.

They don't go in order, actually. They sometimes randomly reverse back into the Indigo League. (Also, it's only on five days a week, lol.)

Years
Pokemon TV, is a free official app that you can use are you devices and your computer on the main Pokemon Site. However, they only change episodes every few weeks, but you can watch all the generation at the same time.

I'm just quoting you to dispute this only changing their episodes every few weeks thing. Last I checked, you'd get 5 episodes rotated in from each region each week, with those 5 episodes replacing the 5 episodes rotated in two weeks before. This may just be in the USA/Canada, though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
Has anyone received any information on who will be ash's companions in Sun and moon(confirmed)?

Years
Has anyone received any information on who will be ash's companions in Sun and moon(confirmed)?

We have not had any official confirmation at this stage, since the preview trailers have been very vague. There has been speculation Lillie may be the new female companion since she appeared next to Ash in one of the trailers.

But aside from that, we don't know for sure. Especially because Ash's journey this time around has been changed very drastically and hard to speculate about.

Back