• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Simple Help / Quick Questions

Guest123_x1

I know the following may seem kind of stupid to ask and will probably appear as me grasping at straws, but it's something I need to get off my chest...

I was watching a few XYZ arc episodes via Pokémon TV earlier today, and I noticed that Team Rocket has a standardized "eye-catcher" intro animation (I'm not talking about their spoken motto) when they appear to confront Ash and Co. Anybody else other than me find this practice to be annoying?

Years
I know the following may seem kind of stupid to ask and will probably appear as me grasping at straws, but it's something I need to get off my chest...

I was watching a few XYZ arc episodes via Pokémon TV earlier today, and I noticed that Team Rocket has a standardized "eye-catcher" intro animation (I'm not talking about their spoken motto) when they appear to confront Ash and Co. Anybody else other than me find this practice to be annoying?

Got a screenshot of it? I don't even recall them having their own proper eyecatch pre-motto.

Guest123_x1

^I've attached a screenshot of the "eye-catcher" that runs while they're doing their motto (note, I couldn't get imgur to work right now, so I had to upload this as an attachment instead).

Attachments

• teamrocketeyecatcher.jpg
    teamrocketeyecatcher.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
There is nowhere you can buy the original Japanese version of the first Pokemon movie legally, to my knowledge. And as I've never seen the original version, I obviously prefer the dub. I'm pretty sure it's impossible in today's time to find a legal version of the Japanese version of this movie, sorry.

Gabe19k

Dragon Master Gabriel
Years
Ok guys I need some real help in this. I wanted to know the name or a link to it of the battle theme song that plays during the Kalos League Ash vs Shota (Sawyer) battle. It's some sort of remake of the original Title Screen from the games or the Kanto anime score, but much more fast passed and awesome. I know it plays during Ash vs Clay as well, right after Roggenrola evolves into Boldore, but I don't recall hearing it anywhere before that. Video goes here.
EDIT: The website won't allow me to post links, but you can find what I'm talking about pretty easily on Youtube, just search up for Ash vs Sawyer/Shouta.
It plays from the beginning of the battle between Spectile and Greninja to right before Greninja enters his alternative form. Then it's replaced by the main X Y Z Japanese theme.
It's a really awesome theme and I want to know its name really bad. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me in anyway, and sorry for my sore English.

Years
^I've attached a screenshot of the "eye-catcher" that runs while they're doing their motto (note, I couldn't get imgur to work right now, so I had to upload this as an attachment instead).

Ah, that one. I don't really notice it, myself, but I think they really just use it to confirm that it's actually Team Rocket for the kid viewers. Eyecatches are pretty common in anime in general, though they're usually far more varied. I think a couple children's anime I've seen do employ the same eyecatch for the "villains", though.

Ok guys I need some real help in this. I wanted to know the name or a link to it of the battle theme song that plays during the Kalos League Ash vs Shota (Sawyer) battle. It's some sort of remake of the original Title Screen from the games or the Kanto anime score, but much more fast passed and awesome. I know it plays during Ash vs Clay as well, right after Roggenrola evolves into Boldore, but I don't recall hearing it anywhere before that. Video goes here.
EDIT: The website won't allow me to post links, but you can find what I'm talking about pretty easily on Youtube, just search up for Ash vs Sawyer/Shouta.
It plays from the beginning of the battle between Spectile and Greninja to right before Greninja enters his alternative form. Then it's replaced by the main X Y Z Japanese theme.
It's a really awesome theme and I want to know its name really bad. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me in anyway, and sorry for my sore English.

Japanese dub or English dub?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
One thing I wanted to know. I just saw latest episode of xyz(eng sub) and in that Serena said that "Ash you are my goal" and "when we will meet again I will me more attractive girl" and something like that. So did she really say something like that or the one who subbed had gone crazy? Though it doesn't mean anything to anime but I'm still curious to know whether this happened or not. Tnx

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
One thing I wanted to know. I just saw latest episode of xyz(eng sub) and in that Serena said that "Ash you are my goal" and "when we will meet again I will me more attractive girl" and something like that. So did she really say something like that or the one who subbed had gone crazy? Though it doesn't mean anything to anime but I'm still curious to know whether this happened or not. Tnx

No I doubt that was what she said. What happened happened. But I do not think that is what she said. if you look at the person who posted that video's other videos, you can tell that he is putting his/her own words in it and not what was actually said. At least I don't think.

To know what was said, you would need a real translator to make it or a Japanese person to tell us. Or someone who knows it.

According to Bulbapedia, who is usually fairly accurate, she vowed that she would become better, especially for him by the next time they meet.

Gabe19k

Dragon Master Gabriel
Years
Ah, that one. I don't really notice it, myself, but I think they really just use it to confirm that it's actually Team Rocket for the kid viewers. Eyecatches are pretty common in anime in general, though they're usually far more varied. I think a couple children's anime I've seen do employ the same eyecatch for the "villains", though.

Japanese dub or English dub?

Japanese, it is

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
Because of the fact that it was well-received by its fans and critics, will Greninja be set to appear in the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime series?

Years
Greninja is helping Zygarde to remove all the negative energy that's underground and it seems that only Greninja can sense this energy easily.

I really hope Greninja will come back in the S&M series.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
When does sun and moon broadcast on Disney guys

There hasn't been a word on when it starts yet. If I had to guess, it might start a week or two after XYZ ends on Cartoon Network. I think we have 1 episode left. If I had to guess, it will be Early to Mid February, usually that is when a new pokemon season starts.

I have been watching it myself, to see if I can find the day of the week when a new episode comes on, but I can't find anything right now.

Years
Like Icy said, I'm expecting the Sun & Moon dub to start in February. The dub for the XYZ finale (and thus, CN's last hurrah with Pokemon) airs this coming Saturday, January 21st.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
When does sun and moon broadcast on Disney guys

Like Icy said, I'm expecting the Sun & Moon dub to start in February. The dub for the XYZ finale (and thus, CN's last hurrah with Pokemon) airs this coming Saturday, January 21st.

Hey you 2 and possibly anyone else reading this. I may have the date when they plan to show this on Disney. I don't know if it is the official airing, but it is the first time I have seen Pokemon on XD since that week after it first came on.

According to my guide, Pokemon The Series: Sun and Moon will possibly be starting on Sunday the 22nd. The time is 6pm Eastern and 5pm Central. Not sure how the timing of shows works in the west.

I say this is the date because it is the day after XYZ ends and they are only showing the first episode. And that is the only episode I am picking up on my guide right now.

This is what the TV Guide for Direct TV has listed for that day. But it has not been confirmed 100%. Not by Disney at least.

Back