• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] so how are you personally gonna abbreviate these games?

how are you going to abbreviate these games?

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • SS. It's short and simple.

Even if it is taken up by soul silver, it's a a gen 4 game ergo not going to be talked out nearly as much as these games will be, and often talked about in conjunction with heart gold (ergo, HGSS). For the rare case people want to refer to soul silver alone as SS, there's context too. Ergo, SS will prevail is my bet.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Probably S&S. I was never a fan of using multiple letters for one-named games like sumo and now sushi (neither of which feature Japan-based regions!). S&S is less letters without being straight up SS. If I were to just use SS I'd get a nagging in the back of my head each time.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Considering the nazi implications that come with "SS", I'll be going with S&S.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    SwSh I say HG and SS separately too much for me to abbreviate Sword and Shield as just SS.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Like others, probably SwSh since it's similar to "Swish" and easier for me to remember. I've been hearing the other initials have bad implications as EC had said, so yeahhh.

Years
  • See, I've always done the first letters of each games (like RBY, GSC, RSE, and so on) but SS seems too nazi to me so I'll probably go with SwSh

Back