• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soo...uh, well, how was your 2015?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Felt like creating a year thread and since last year is too new to completely judge(for my case) and this year isn't over yet, how was things 2 years ago?

For me....it was not good. Or actually, it might have to be my least favourite year so far, and it was just....so awful for me. I can conclude 2015 was my worst year yet. Especially, especially the middle. Being pressured in real life was one thing but my previous forum, just someone help me. For some reason on my previous forum, I kept getting picked on and shit and it happened so much I didn't know what to do. I soon had to leave and move to this one, but sometimes I just feel glad I did.

Well, somewhere around the end, things got better. But overall, worst worst worst year ever and I'm glad it over. So what were things in '15 for you guys? And please don't bash anybody's opions(including mine) about the year.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I'm sorry to hear that 2015 was the worst year for you. Since 2013 holds that dubious honour in my case, 2014 and subsequently 2015 weren't quite as bad. 2015 was the year I started writing about politics, which is something I had always wanted to do. I followed the British election that year and was shocked right along with the rest of the world when the polls didn't reflect the outcome at all-a trend that we all know has continued right on to the present day.

It's also the year I got so sick(I'd prefer not to say with with what, just that I wouldn't wish it on anyone else)that I had to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital, the first time in my life I've ever had to do so. I recovered however, so in retrospect it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

As far as gaming goes, it was the year that Assassin's Creed Syndicate came out, following the catastrophe that was the previous year's Unity. I was hoping that it would get the series on the right track again, and for the most part it did. It didn't hurt that I could finally play as a woman in a main series game as well. ^_^

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    2015 was pretty rough living, but it was necessary because it shook me out of the entitled mindset i had developed over ten years prior. i moved out of my parent's house a bit too hastily, and when i wasn't able to secure contract jobs for longer than 1 month at a time, i mostly had to resort to my savings for living. and of course, rent wasn't cheap as i was living in a fairly expensive part of the city. this financial stress + the realization that the world isn't going to give me a job simply because i need one, forced me to take a hard look at my life and change a few things.

2015 sucked at the time, but im grateful for the experience

Bay

Years
  • 2015 was crazy as that was when a car crashed onto my family's previous home and we were forced to move out after my parents had a fallout with the landlord. It took us about almost two weeks until we found a new place, but then we were tight financial wise for a while because the rent and bills were more than where we were living previously.

Years
  • My 2015 was absolutely dreadful, it seems like odd years have it out for me?
    I started getting really sick that year, and throughout the summer I was bedridden from it. I'm still fairly sick, and no one knows what it is >_>

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • 2015... holy shit did it SUCK FER ME >.<

breakup... abandonment... graves disease... litterally becoming radioactive! i litterally had giving up complete hope dat year, straight up GAVE UP COMPLETELY... i effectively ran on autopilot the rest of the year, not 2 mention my depression got so fucking bad...

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • My beloved dog died two weeks before Halloween in 2015... </3
    My mom and I were currently out of town to attend to a family event and my dog at the time was a bit groggier than usual, but nothing too serious. My dad wanted to get her checked out by the vet just to be safe and the vet recommended that our dog should stay overnight so they can examine her behavior. Then the day we got back and our dog was brought home, she was in horrid condition from the vet from apparently leaving her on her iv for way too long.. I'm not going to go in full detail but my dog was prescribed with heavy strict medications from the vet from the aftermath of the ivs and died peacefully in her sleep about a two short weeks after. I remember the whole thing vividly, I couldn't stop crying :/ still hurts till this day..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Awful. I graduated and had a fun summer month, but that's about the one good thing. The rest, I don't even want to look back at and prefer to just forget about.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • 2015 is the year where I get some cool stuffs like upgraded internet speed that I'm still currently using today, a pretty snazzy TV, Blu-ray Player (despite still not getting Blu-ray movies yet at the time of writing ;-;) and 2 smartphones.

Even though there were some issues in 2015 back then, for me 2015 have more good than bad for me in the end.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

Where do I start with 2015...

The year where I made the most life-changing decision of my life. Actually, my life got a complete makeover that year. I finally moved out of California and moved to Houston to finish my university studies. I fell in love with a man whom I am still dating to this day. The year where I was able to learn who I really was, and discover new things about myself. Traveling became a staple to me, and I remember that one flight to Kansas City was really life changing. It's really all I can say.

I want to go back to that euphoria that is 2015, because it was literally the best year of my life.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 2015 was a pretty good year, probably my best so far for this decade. I moved out of my mom's house and was living with my boyfriend, was in good physical shape, tried some things that didn't work, but I'm glad I gave them a shot, and I finally did really well in school that year. So yeah, all in all, really great year. Followed up by a shitty one lmao. But hey, 2017 hasn't been too bad for me so far, so we'll see.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    2015 was really cool but looking back i was kind of a cringey piece of shit lol. i had some great experiences and met some great friends but at the same time i was still out there with dyed hair and eyeliner. yikes!

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • 2015 was...okay? i was in 11th grade i think. i don't remember much to be honest, it's all just a huge blur. but i had a somewhat good year. made a couple friends here and there and..uh..yeah? 2016 was at least a bit better, i graduated from high school then. idk. everything has just been a big blur lately.

Years
  • I spent the first half of 2015 trying to figure myself out entirely after finally finding myself snapping out of a mindset I'd been in for the past few years prior, and then the second half was me trying to stop myself from sliding back into it. Go figure.

Still a far better year than some others I've had, though.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • 2015? The end of 2015 sucked (like November-December), but that summer was mixed. I had really bad bronchial spasms that granted me an emergency room visit because I couldn't breathe properly; however, I did some fun stuff. I remember doing well on final exams at the end of freshman year in 2015.

Overall: Mixed. Some really good with some really bad. I dont think there was much in-between.

Back