• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
  • The series is amazing, nuff said.

Either it be 64, Melee, Brawl, or for 3DS/WiiU, I want to know 'bout other people's main/s, and what they want for Smash 5 that's coming to the Nintendo Switch.

I main Marthcina, doesn't matter who I use, I love them both. And personally, I r e a l l y want Simon Belmont from the Castlevania series.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It's changed over the games, but in Smash 4 I main Robin with Corrin as a secondary. Chances are that'll be the case in Smash Ultimate, but we'll see how things go once the game is actually out.

The main things I want from the game right now is better balance than Smash 4, an actually decent training mode, and an improved For Glory/online play, but we'll see if any of that happens. There's some other stuff too I'd like.

But I still need to buy a Switch too.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I main Luigi in Smash 4, the only Smash game I've actually ever consistently played (I know he's jank but at least he's not Bayonetta).

I don't really ask much of Ultimate right now, except maybe an Adventure Mode (because Sakurai hated when people posted cutscenes of SSE on the internet) and better online play.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • After the Smash Ultimate invitational, it is obvious that bayo still needs to be nerfed - that's the main thing I care about.

I main Lucina and Corrin. When I get Ultimate i'll look forward to trying out all the characters and see who I want to main.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'm not a hardcore smash player, and cant believe competitive slang is being used but I guess I main as Kirby only because swallowing people is fun.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I followed competitive in 4 for a while, and played a few well known players.

I mained Dedede, who isn't considered to be viable. I still had the most fun when using him.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Having fun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> turning a game into a competitive circlejerk

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I'm not a hardcore smash player, and cant believe competitive slang is being used but I guess I main as Kirby only because swallowing people is fun.

Want to have fun swallowing people? Try Yoshi... lol. Egg-deaths for the win. As for me, I'm partial to the original SSB and typically played as Pikachu or Link. Friend was typically Samus or Mario.

Years
  • I didn't really enjoy 4 all that much but I'll probably still buy Ultimate because there's a couple of changes that seem to be in the right direction. Having so many stages might keep things feeling fresh for longer. I'll watch a Melee tournament occasionally if it happens to be taking place while I have a day off work.

Adam Levine

Years
  • After the Smash Ultimate invitational, it is obvious that bayo still needs to be nerfed - that's the main thing I care about.

I main Lucina and Corrin. When I get Ultimate i'll look forward to trying out all the characters and see who I want to main.

Well, I have good news for you.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Bayonetta_(SSBU)

Last edited:
    Years
  • 103 Stages, over 900 music tracks! Too exciting.

The best part of today?s direct, though, was the Kapp?n and Moon assist trophy reveal.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • omg sakurai I won't have to download 20gb of nintendo music from Gilvasunner anymore, thank you actual video game god

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Considering the game?s popularity and the fact it has Pokemon in it, [user]Juno[/user] would be wise to consider hosting a Smash Tournament with the following rules(can be amended if need be):

Participants may only choose Pokemon
    Only Pokeballs for items
    Pokemon related themes and stages

Pretty sure [user]Sprit Shackle[/user] will approve of above. Who knows this might be further incentive for people to get the Switch besides Let?s Go games.

Adam Levine

Years
  • I swear I shed tears when King K. Rool was announced- even when King Dedede laughed. Even though I've never played Donkey Kong, the amount of homages to his games is so...beautiful.

I'm also glad Shovel Knight and Monster Hunter, out of all the other franchises out there, are getting representation, Shovel Knight especially because we FINALLY HAVE INDIE GAMING IN SMASH.

Oh hey Castlevania's here too that's great

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I've been so hype for this game. I loved Brawl. Time to invest in a Switch!

Time to continue being the dirty dirty Peach main I am <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    As long as I can keep continuing to play Marth and Shulk, I really don't care about much else. It's nice that they put a lot of stuff into the new game, but I'll worry about that when the game is released.

Well, that is if I decide to get a Switch in the first place.

Kai

Wayfarer
    Years
  • Kirby was my main in SSB. Pikachu and Peach were two of my top fighters in SSB Melee. I didn't really have a main in SSB Brawl partially due to the Smash Ball being such a game changer. Lucina is my default main in SSB4.

Years
  • Some King K. Rool gameplay just came out. And from the video it looks like Nintendo decided to use more experienced players for the gameplay footage and that's awesome as I'm a big fan of competitive Smash. The game looks A LOT faster than I expected too. Anyways, my excitement for this game is off the roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLnjibehdU

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm actualy quite surprised that this thread didn't get more replies. :o

But in Smash 4 I don't actually have any... mains, I guess. Well, I suppose I main Mr. Game & Watch because I use him most frequently, but only for troll-y reasons and not really as a serious character in any way.

For more serious fights I use either Pikachu, Zelda, or Toon Link. Usually Toon Link is my go-to.

That said, I'm pretty hyped for Ultimate! :O Especially to try out Ridley and the new Castlevania additions as well!

Back