• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Team Yell - Opinions?

Years
  • Team Yell - Opinions?

Team Yell is a group of troublemakers who seem to appear wherever the Gym Challenge takes you and who attempt to get in your way at every opportunity.

They want nothing more than for Marnie to become Champion, and they all try to obstruct other challengers in all sorts of ways. They will take over hotel lobbies, prevent other challengers from accessing transportation, and even shout and distract opponents during battle. Whenever Marnie battles, it seems these Team Yell Grunts are quick to appear, showing their support with Marnie-print towels and also horns.
    https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/story/team-yell/

These guys were officially revealed in the August 7 Pokémon Sword & Shield trailer. What do you think of them?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Team.... yell.

Huh, that's.. not nearly as intimidating as "Skull" or "Rocket" or "Magma". Seems pretty tame, tbh. Though, I do like the black/pink color scheme!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm 100% sure they're not really the evil team of the region. They're most likely just a cover up. But, I think Team Yell is...interesting. Funny name.

Nekodatta

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
    Years
  • 100% a cover up/distraction to gather the region's attention while the real baddie works in the shadows.
    Gotta get those cover legendaries into the plot somehow after all.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • the name is ridiculous but at the same time i'm kind of okay with the "evil" team being a group of stans bc this is a game being released in 2019 and this is a great reflection of 'we live in a society'

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Not a fan of the male grunt design.
    Looks like an out of shape version of the Mutant leader from The Dark Knight Returns.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • The most ineteresting thing revealed this week, but only because I am very excited to portray them in my comic of my playthrough of this game. presuming it manages to last at least 2 pages

Oh wait, and by the way: 2 male grunts? Interesting...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I absolutely agree that they look too much like team skull haha. the grunts should be the "fans" still whining about the national dex thing

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    Interesting potential they have. I'm sure there's a lot more to them than what we've seen so I'm looking forward to them

Years
  • From first impressions, I'm not particularly too impressed. But I'm refraining further judgment until we find out more about them.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • The fact that they are just a crazy/toxic fandom is so funny to me cause that's what the Pokémon fandom is.

Years
  • I think they're hilarious! I actually really love that they're obsessed fans. And there's no way in hell they're the true evil team of the region. I'm still convinced that either Leon or Chairman Rose is the real villain.

Years
  • i'm not really in love with their designs (yet, maybe they'll grow on me) but their concept and motives are interesting! like other people in the thread have said though, i doubt they're the true villains.

Years
  • Team Yell Grunt sent out Zigzagoon
    Team Yell Grunt sent out Zigzagoon
    Team Yell Grunt sent out Linoone
    Team Yell Grunt sent out Linoone
    Team Yell Grunt sent out Obstagoon

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Hmm..they seem less serious about becoming villains. I think, like team skull, they will be paired with an organisation like the Aether Foundation.

Back