• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teh fam

Lucid

Welp, my bitch ass has been spending some time on these sites over the weekend. (I kinda got forced into it) So, what's your heritage? Or ethnicity? How about your ancestors? We're they anyone important? How do you culturally identify yourself? What are some of your fave traditions and so on?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Thanks for making this thread! I actually look into my ancestry alot. My ethnicity seems well mixed. About a month ago I figured out some of my grandparents come from France thanks to the New York census. I can pretty much confirm German given my Mom's last name and her Dad's. There's English involved as well somewhere in there. Still have yet to confirm Czechoslovakia but it's listed. The thing is my ancestors said Czechoslovakia in 1930 and before that in 1925 they said Austria. Also I'm Mexican from my Dad's side as well. As far as I'm aware with anyone important I had a grandpa who was a politician in New York and was a successful businessman/contractor aswell.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Pure Nepalese here, though through very light research on my surname apparently my roots are either from Mongolia or Tibet.

Regumika

So Graceful
    Years
    Hm, I only know from my mom's side. My grandfather is from Taiwan, he was actually someone with some authority in the military (I don't know how high though). My grandmother is from somewhere in China. My dad is from Taiwan (I'm pretty sure). Either way though, that makes me 100% Chinese right (since there really isn't such a thing as Taiwanese)?

As far as traditions... Hm, I wouldn't say traditions as it is about culture. I'm more about Honor (as opposed to pride) and doing the just. Though I'm a little different (from traditional Chinese culture) in that I'm more for equality in gender yet still hold a form of respect where males hold authority while females are the leaders (to give a loose example). I'm strict in discipline as is with the Chinese (Asian) culture as opposed to the lack-of discipline(?) in the Western culture, today.

Yukari

I'm a small part Native American and that aside mostly... I think British.

Only reason that I mention the Native American parts is because it's really noticeable.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I am Spanish and Spanish with a bit of Spanish on my father's side. If we go back a couple millennia maybe I can find some Visigothic blood, but I am not fully sure.

European heritages are pretty exciting, I know.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    As far as I know I'm mostly German with some Dutch (last name is Dutch). And supposedly a tiny bit of like Hungarian or something like that.

Not like I follow any sort of traditional German or Dutch customs or anything. Too American for that. And American's not really an ethnicity since this is literally the land of immigrants.

And I'd be rather surprised if i was a descendant of anyone even remotely noteworthy. Though I wouldn't know how to look into that.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Apparently my mom is a descendant from the nobles from long time ago. Oh my!

Aside from that I don't really have much of a clue. My grandparents from my father's side descended from Chinese, hench why I have a Chinese culture going on in my family.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My girlfriend is super into genealogy. Before we got together, she started researching my family after I told her she could during a lunch outing. I honestly forget most about what she found. But I know there's more information available on my father's side compared to my mother's. My father's side came from various places in the United Kingdom (mainly Britain, Ireland, Scotland, and some other place I can't remember). My mother's side came from Italy.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    well my father's side is Native American. you can definitely tell by my middle and last name. my mother's side is Slovenian. i don't know much about that.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Part Spanish part Filipino part French though a large part of my family have settled for a long time in Nanjing, China.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    One of my ancestors was the priest on the Mayflower, so that's pretty cool.

Other than that, it's kind of boring. I'm not sure which ethnicity I'm a part of, but both sides of my family have been living in America for generations, so it's probably not that diverse anyway.

Years
    I haven't really looked much into my heritage, I've tried a bit so far but nothing really came up-- okay, by "a bit" I mean I tried checking out websites one night and one night only and didn't come up with anything much in that short amount of time. Anyway, what little I do know is that I have ancestors on my mother's side - great-great-grandparents I think - that came from Germany and Austria.

As for my dad's side, no freaking idea. I remember him claiming "native american somewhere in there!" at one point, but until I can verify that, I'm going to take that with a huge grain of salt and...not believe it one bit. And from what little I can see, from the family names I know of they're more European-based families anyway.

But yeah, pretty much nothing much of any one thing to really have any traditions or even to identify as anything other than "American". :P

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I am a Malaysian Chinese. My parents are Chinese born in Malaysia, but my grandparents were originally from China (or so I think). My family, including myself, is more or less westernised and doesn't really follow traditional Chinese culture, although of course, some traditions are still kept as they were passed down from my grandparents and their parents and so on.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm full-blooded Mexican. Both of my parents were born in Mexico, and so did my grandparents, great-grandparents, etc.

However, for some odd reason, I have cousins who are part-Japanese, and it turned out that one of my ancestors was Japanese. I don't know much about it, though...but I find it really interesting.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Damn we did a history project about our ancestors years ago but I honestly forgot all about mine heh aside from their lifestyle.

Either way I'm 100% arab. I love our culture and I miss it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm Armenian, Irish, French, German, Native American, and Indian. Mostly the first three.

Don't have any idea about my ancestors, like where they came from, what they did, or why they came to America and when. It was never something that I thought about looking up. The only thing I really know about any possible relatives are that there are a lot of Armenian people with the same last name as me living out there in America.

The only culture that I really know anything about and celebrate is my Irish side, since it's a big deal to my mother. Other than that, I just call myself a white American with an unpronounceable last name.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Purebred German. If it weren't for WWII I'd be in Deutschland right now.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I know I've got a bit of all of the UK in me, but predominantly Irish because of my last name. My mom's side adds some German. That's everything I know, and I don't know exact percentages or anything like that.

Back