• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That is... so.... UTTERLY STUPID!!

Nakala Pri

What was the stupidest, retarded-est thing you've ever witnessed in the gaming world?

For me, there are too many to count. xD

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
  • I agree with you Latias190. Little kids flock to games like COD and what do they do? Throw a grenade at their own feet and watch the character die. I mean, seriously?!

TY

The latter two have no good story at all, and the first one is full of little kids that spam "skills" all the time, and mostly they spend tons of money on the game too (no wonder EA is so rich >_>)

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
  • First and foremost, Call of Duty is just flat-out idiotic. But, I think there's an even worse sin among the game industry.

It goes by the name of "Happy Wheels". It's just a stupid flash game that 8 year old's play since they saw Pewdiepie play it, and are foolish enough to think his rape jokes are funny. Literally, everything about this game makes me want to vomit in my mouth. The graphics, sound, and OH DEAR LORD THE GAMEPLAY!! The feeling of the game is very, very, VERY sloppy and sluggish. And like Call of Duty, all of the naive young children like it since there's blood.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Games like FIFA, CoD and Battlefield.

The latter two have no good story at all, and the first one is full of little kids that spam "skills" all the time, and mostly they spend tons of money on the game too (no wonder EA is so rich >_>)
    Lol there's a FIFA 14 ad at the bottom of my screen.

I'd have to say COD gets pretty ridiculous when the other team has all the gunners and dogs and you're going like 0 kills 100 deaths. There's a term for this but I completely forgot what it was. And another thing is more physical I guess, but freezing games. You don't how frustrated I'd get after picking the weeds in Animal Crossing, only to walk into a building and have the game freeze.

TY

Lol there's a FIFA 14 ad at the bottom of my screen.

I'd have to say COD gets pretty ridiculous when the other team has all the gunners and dogs and you're going like 0 kills 100 deaths. There's a term for this but I completely forgot what it was. And another thing is more physical I guess, but freezing games. You don't how frustrated I'd get after picking the weeds in Animal Crossing, only to walk into a building and have the game freeze.

Its a trap! Dont click it haha.

I feel like all mainstream games are just idiotic cause of "popular" YouTubers playing it so that little kids play it too. Dont get me wrong by thinking they all suck, cause i like some too, but they are just idiotic.

TY

Anything in League of Legends. I can't play that game, everyone seems to have an affinity for having a go at my mother

Agreed, plus if you say you like StarCraft 2 there, you are gonna have a bad time :(

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The stupidest thing in gaming industry? It's the ongoing casualisation.

I'm not saying that making a game easier is always a bad thing. It really depends on the game itself. The only problem is that many game developers (especially those of well known franchises) tend to use casualisation (and better graphics) as an excuse for a bad plot and horrible gameplay.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • My brother and I couldn't complete the first level in Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast for weeks. We just couldn't do the last bit where you literally have to hold the control stick forward to run straight through a winding road bit. We tried to make the turns ourselves, which caused us to constantly fall off the edge somehow.

That was stupid.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Grand Theft Auto.
    Okay, seriously, this game is wildly popular, and it really isn't even that good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those 'hipsters' who will shun a game just because it becomes popular. Honestly I love playing Minecraft, for example. But if a game is wildly popular and it actually sucks, then there's certainly a problem.

Nakala Pri

This has happened to me on several occasions, haha. xD

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    CoD, angry birds(which is just a rip-off of Crush the Castle), all of those sports games(aside from mario & sonic at the olympic games). seriously, why the heck would you even bother playing a video game of a sport rather then just going outside and playing the sport? heck, CoD actually makes more sense in that aspect. actually playing the sport ain't going to war. the only ones who should even bother playing those video games are the ones unable to play the sports.

Back