• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Art School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • Hahaha, i know how to use a C4D but i don't know how to make one or use the program Cinema 4D.

I don't have a school for making C4Ds nor do I actually know how to make one, so yeah, dw about that haha.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What mediums are you interested in learning? Signature, CSS
    Give us a small bio about your artistic history I've done tags/sigs for awhile, basically it though.
    Why do you want to join the program? I'd love to be more active in this section and in graphics as a whole, I've been doing tags for awhile but I can't say I've made any improvements in recent memory. Basic CSS has also always interested me, tbh the "programming" aspect always intimidated me.
    Where do you feel your artistic level is at? Idk hard to gauge, I've been around for awhile but I've got a lot of techniques I'd love to learn.
    Relevant contact information I have Skype if that's what's being used

lol whoops, didn't realize CSS already started

Last edited:
    Years
  • What mediums are you interested in learning? Traditional art, more specifically shading with colored pencils
    Give us a small bio about your artistic history

I've always loved art, however when I was in elementary school I had a bad art teacher who told me I would never be good at art so I stopped trying. But when I moved up to grade 6 I had a teacher who encouraged me and I ended up creating great pictures/portraits with graphite pencil. Ever sience then I've been hooked and can't stop drawing. I also love oil pastels however I don't have any atm :(
    Why do you want to join the program?
    I no longer have time for art classes in my school schedule due to AP classes.
    Where do you feel your artistic level is at?
    Fairly good with drawing/shading with graphite but not with anything else
    Relevant contact information
    pm on the forums will do or skype I have that too

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Awesome, excellent to have you new guys on board. :) It may be a little bit, since most of the tutors are currently running a class, but I personally will be taking on the next traditional course going up so I'll make sure everyone gets notified!

I also think, in the future, I'm going to be splitting up my pixel art lesson into a beginner and advanced program, since there's so much I'd like to cover haha.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What mediums are you interested in learning? Right now I desided to go for CSS.
    Give us a small bio about your artistic history I've been dabbling in all kinds of art till childhood: pottery, drawing, paper making, knitting, origami, more drawing, digital photo collage, and others.
    Why do you want to join the program? Recently I've been stumbling about layouting with CSS a lot and so far I feel I don't even know what that is. So I hope to get an idea what you can do with CSS and learn some code, so I have a basis to build on.
    Where do you feel your artistic level is at? I've never even so much as touched CSS, but I have done some layouting with html and wikitext, so I think with good explanation a lot of the basics should come easily to me.
    Relevant contact information PM here should work. I can also give out E-Mail or skype, but not in public. My time zone is central Europe. I might be on somewhere between 8am and 5am, more likely between 11am to 2am (right now it's 12:30).

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome aboard guys!
    What mediums are you interested in learning? Right now I desided to go for CSS.
    Give us a small bio about your artistic history I've been dabbling in all kinds of art till childhood: pottery, drawing, paper making, knitting, origami, more drawing, digital photo collage, and others.
    Why do you want to join the program? Recently I've been stumbling about layouting with CSS a lot and so far I feel I don't even know what that is. So I hope to get an idea what you can do with CSS and learn some code, so I have a basis to build on.
    Where do you feel your artistic level is at? I've never even so much as touched CSS, but I have done some layouting with html and wikitext, so I think with good explanation a lot of the basics should come easily to me.
    Relevant contact information PM here should work. I can also give out E-Mail or skype, but not in public. My time zone is central Europe. I might be on somewhere between 8am and 5am, more likely between 11am to 2am (right now it's 12:30).
    Right now Ninja Aiden is running a CSS course here, if you'd like to check it out! It's a thread/class format course, just so you know. :)

Also make sure to check out the newly added tutor jazzyjazz666! Jazzy will be teaching sculpture and various 3D arts, so make sure you read the outline so you know what tools you'll need beforehand. This course will require more than just an illustration program, so be prepared before you join this class! I'm sure it'll be great. :3

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • What? Art School? I may be giving this a go, but who knows how it will turn out in the end.

What mediums are you interested in learning? Pixel or Traditional Art. Basically want to create art from the computer.
    Give us a small bio about your artistic history: I have no history of being an artist, which means I've actually never tried before. Fairy designed my current signature, but that was when she was known as Alexial.
    Why do you want to join the program? Because, as previously stated, I have never drawn art on the computer, not even tried. It's crazy but I would like to learn. It would be a good experience.
    Where do you feel your artistic level is at? On regular drawings on paper, I draw like a kid. But that personally doesn't matter.
    Relevant contact information: P.M me here. I always check for them! I am available in the morning, from 8:00 A:M to Noon, on weekends to 1:00 P.M.

Kamushi

God, I love Denmark! <3
    Years
  • What mediums are you interested in learning?
    It would be only Pixel Art as for now.
    Well, I have started drawing back in 2006, at the age of 12. Two years later I became interested in pixel art. However, I have stopped doing anything creative for a pretty long while, somewhere around 2012-13, and it lasted till few weeks ago.
    I got rusty. Sooo rusty.
    I wouldn't say it is bad, however it isn't as good as I would like it to be.
    P.M. me here if it's possible. I prefer to not type my adresses or skype nickname publicly.Lately I am online for most of the time and I definetly check my box often.

Years
  • Uuuhhh
    What mediums are you interested in learning?
    fakemon spriting, I'm interested in learning the steez. BuuUUuUUT whenever I try, I just revert into a shitty mix of what I'm used to and pokemons.
    I'm not looking for anything super formal, just someone to lead me in the right direction 'til I get the hang of it
    I started Fire Emblem spriting like 2 years ago and in terms of pixel art that's literally all I've done. I don't know any other style except for my own which is not relevant to any of this haha.
    So I can understand the secrets of these absurd sprites
    I know the basics, splicing is easy. My big weakness is my tendency to pillow shade if I'm not careful/ if i can't find a reference image.
    keegan_25 is my skype

hope i did this right :P

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • What mediums are you interested in learning
    Pixelart. Definitely pixelart. The coolest type of art there is IMO :P
    I have honestly no art history at all. I have tried a bunch of times to draw something and have attempted pixelart, but I always miserably fail.. :/
    As I previously stated, I always miserably fail at pixelart. I hope in joining the program so that I can change this and will hopefully learn how to sucessfully make my own pixelart.
    1/10. (I draw like a child). The fact that this is the case has always bugged me, so again I hope to change this.
    You can PM me here at PokéMew ofc or by skype (Skype is deadfult). I personally prefer PM. :)

(Idk if we still submit these cause the last one was 3 months ago but oh well...)

GioHiTech

Its like ****ing christmas up in here
    Years
  • What mediums are you interested in learning? Pixelart, Character drawing (I don't know what that fits in xD)
    Give us a small bio about your artistic history: I make drawings for fun sometimes and I usually work in contests for a fakemon region i like.
    Why do you want to join the program? Because I feel like my drawings suck and I want to make them better.
    Where do you feel your artistic level is at? 4/10. Harshly 5.
    Relevant contact information: My skype is "facebook:giorgio.bertoldodemarco"

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Awesome guys, thanks for your interest in taking art classes! You've been added to the list and when a position opens up for a class you're interested in, you'll be contacted. :)

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    What mediums are you interested in learning? Pixle art for now!
    Give us a small bio about your artistic history:
    I grew up loving art and wanting to be creative! I love all art but I don't like to paint it is the one kind of art I don't understand. My most prominent skill is sketching. I sketch most of the sprites I make then I make them sprites however they normally don't end up with the same look I was going for. My art skills blossomed young when I saw someone sketch a Noctowl (In full detail) by looking at a TCG card. I had asked them if they would make me one and they very rudely told me to do it myself. So I did and ended up with a beautiful (if not completely finished cause I was at day care and my mom showed up to get me before I was done) Noctowl picture! I would post a pick but the picture went missing.
    Why do you want to join the program? Cause I would love to improve my artistic skills and learn knew ones as well!
    Where do you feel your artistic level is at? On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say 4-5ish I am not bad but I know I am not as good as I could be.
    Relevant contact information: Um do I have to put something here? If so then I might give an email but not in a comment. I will only share it in a PM.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Pixel art
    I'm good at drawing simple pokemon, as long as I have a picture to work with. I'm really bad at pixel art, and drawing fakemon on paper.
    I want to learn more about art, it interests me. also it dissapoints me when I have a great idea for a fakemon but I can't make it.
    Beginner. I've had a tiny bit of practice, but I'm not very good.
    You can PM me, or i have an email (I rarely check my email though, so PM would be better)

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • What mediums are you interested in learning? I'm interested in learning pixel art.
    Give us a small bio about your artistic history. I'm currently learning how to draw manga, I can also sketch some Pokemon. (And by some, I mean three. Voltorb and Electrode are two of them...)
    Why do you want to join the program? I'd like to join the program because I've always wanted to make good pixel art, just for fun.
    Where do you feel your artistic level is at? Well, I'd say beginner. But I can sketch! Kind of...
    Relevant Contact Information You can contact me via PM or email, which I'll only give via PM. ;)

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    Digital Drawing and Pixel Art

I do not have any real training. Drawing used to be a real passion of mine when I was younger. I used to draw fake yugioh cards when I was much, much younger. In middle school I had co students teach me some drawing techniques which really helped me. In 8th grade I drew sonic fan art and when I entered into 9th grade my subject had shifted to whatever I wanted it to be. I have done a few traditional pieces in the last year, but I haven't got to scan those yet. After High School I didn't have anyone I could really get excited about art with aside from the random edits for RPG maker games.
    Off Topic: (I've just moved last week, and I haven't got to unpacking my printer. Then I need to find the wires for it. Also waiting on 2 paychecks to reach my hand. It may be another month until I have my habitat the way I like it, and when that's done I'll scan the few pieces of the last year.)

I do not grow on my own. I like being around people who enjoy creating art, and can provide me with feedback. Having someone to guide me, and mold me would be a tremendous boost to my confidence and hopefully will show through in my work as well.

My level is all over the place. At the moment I want to say complete novice
    Here's a link to an album of digital art on imgur I created to gauge my 'skill'
    also this piece of rwby fanart (unfinished)

PM me on pokecommunity.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • What mediums are you interested in learning?: Pixel Art, CSS

Give us a small bio about your artistic history: I've messed around with a small bit of pixel art before. Admittedly, I'm not good, but I've tried to learn in the past. For CSS, I expect to pick it up more quickly since I'm a programmer.
    In recent history, the best I've done is a poorly done pixel over seen here(quality of the image has dropped? no sure why) : http://i.imgur.com/eJnD4kX.png
    I've also done some minor editing of Kyledove's tiles here (circled) : http://i.imgur.com/PYWuPbS.png

Why do you want to join the program?: Purely out of curiosity and interest. I don't have any special reasons such as future plans related to art or anything. I'm just really fond of looking at people's pixel art and other illustrations on deviantart and other places (including here!). I'd like to give it a serious try!

Where do you feel your artistic level is at?: Not very high. I think I have some of the basic basic concepts down such as smooth lines, coloring, maybe shading to basic degree(?). As for CSS on PC, I used to know once upon 6 or so years ago. I haven't touched it since, and have forgotten!

Relevant contact information: VM, PM, IRC, PC's Battle server, you can text me if you want (I have a cellphone but I'd rather not post my phone number publicly).

Years
  • Hoping to be a student when the revamp is done.

What mediums are you interested in learning?: Illustration, specifically learning how to draw in the Sugimori style.
    Give us a small bio about your artistic history: I've been drawing digitally for about 10 years now, but lately I've been in a "slump," I guess you could say. it just takes me a lot of time to finish an image, so I'm unmotivated to finish my artwork. I usually stop after the lineart stage. I used to sprite a little, but I was always terrible.
    Why do you want to join the program?: Mainly, I'm trying to make a Pokemon/Monster Hunter game using Essentials. Most creatures from MonHan are too complicated to sprite, and I think being able to draw them in Sugi style would be a great help.
    Where do you feel your artistic level is at?: I think it's above average. Not as good as you might expect from 10 years but I can hold my own.
    Relevant contact information: PM me for a Skype name, AIM name, e-mail, or Steam chat name. I'm just a bit to shy to post those publicly.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • What mediums are you interested in learning?
    Pencil drawing, I do like to expand for scenery drawings.

Give us a small bio about your artistic history.
    Well when I was in primary school, I did not learn any art things, but I do like drawing especially buildings or roads when I was small because I do like it. Most of my drawings previously were not that good, my friends teased me for bad drawings so I hid all my drawings and did not draw again.

Till recent years in secondary school, I learned some art skills from my teacher and improved my drawing little by little. I tried to draw different things and it was quite fun to draw.

I want to explore the world of art so I can get to know more about it and try out different things.

I would say Novice level, referring to my drawings.

Relevant contact information: You can PM me for getting skype and discord username ;)

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    What mediums are you interested in learning?: I'm a fairly simple 'old chap with simple interests. Pencil, Pen, and Graphic Design. I want to do some Pixel art as well, but it's not a main priority quite yet. I have experience in Charcoal and Conte, but am not the biggest fan of those.
    Give us a small bio about your artistic history: I'm someone who naturally desires to be a creator - I love to cook, compose, write, draw... Anything that involves inventing! This should be a world we give to, not take from. I've felt this way for a while now, and it dates back to me simply wanting to learn how to draw anime in high school. A couple years of mediocrity later, and now I'm taking Drawing I. Not sure what else I can say!
    Why do you want to join the program?: You kidding me? This is an opportunity to receive feedback, improve, and help other artists. Who could ever pass up an opportunity like that? Not me, that's for sure.
    Where do you feel your artistic level is at?: I can draw in two point perspective. That's about it.
    Relevant contact information: Hit me at [email protected] if you need to. Private Messages on here, generally.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back