• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I used Kadabra on my main team in Yellow and even as an NFE it was completely unstoppable. Okay, psychic got nerfed afterwards, but still...

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Don't like Kadabra at all. Design is just hideous. Let's move on.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I DON'T KNOW I'LL DOWNVOTE IT THIS TIME because I like Abra more I guess??? idk idk

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I did like Sabrina's Kadabra so maybe I'll just.... upvote one post and downvote the next I mean who says there is a rule against that huffhuff.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

Hmm, I was downvoting once and then upvote in the next turn too, Sora. I've been there. If I recall correctly, it was when we were voting for Venonat here.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I do like Kadabra. It gets Confusion at level 16 (the level at which Abra evolves), and it gets Psybeam pretty early on as well.

It also happens to be really good in GSC, in which it can learn the elemental punches by TM's that can be bought in the Goldenrod Department Store.

Lycanthropy

Years

Although I can't really see them punching very well with spoons, those came really in handy at the time they were special based. Nowadays there are Energy Ball, Focus Blast and Shadow Ball, so options aren't the problem.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

idk I've always just liked using Espeon more even before Espeon gained Magic Bounce as a Hidden Ability.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I always thought Kadabra was pretty cool, though I never really cared too much about it. But wait, didn't Game Freak almost get sued at one point because of Kadabra's Japanese name, or was that something else?

Lycanthropy

Years

It was because someone saw the Pokémon as a parody on himself. <link> Some people really try to find ways to sue others just to claim money. The problem is that things like that sometimes even work too.

Years

That Uri Geller person was such a jerk, his case made Kadabra's exposure become so limited, such as no anime appearance since the opening episode of the Battle Frontier saga and it's been over 10 years since he last appeared on a Pokemon TCG card.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Dang I never knew about this, that's hilarious. I find it funny how something so stereotypically 'psychic' can be classed as a lawsuit haha.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Uri Geller wasn't even relevant lol I bet nobody knew about him before the case.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Ahhh people and their stupid huge egos. Or whatever this guy's case is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back