• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

I think Alakazam is quite alright, even though I don't use it much often, mainly because I was unable to trade my Kadabra to trigger its evolution. (Being unable to trade for lack of cable or Wi-Fi back then sure is no good :c)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

The fact that I said 21 (and I didn't even catch it this time I caught it like... three other times) just says that someone else should really post the next Pokemon instead of me lmfao.

Alakazam is ok. I think I'm actually going to count down at least in this post. vOv

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I can't say I'm fond of Alakazam, but I certainly do have respect for it. I don't think I'm a fan of too many Psychic-types not named Gallade, though that could be due to me forgetting that most of them exist. xD

Years

I do like Alakazam (and Psychic-types in general) but it's still quite down on my list of fave Psychics as far as I'm concerned.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

The psychic type was way too overpowered in the first gen, that's probably the reason why the main legendary was psychic back then. Later on they were often dragon, which now got nerfed recently be the addition of fairies. And the sixth generation box Pokémon aren't dragon any more. I see a correlation here.

blue

gucci
    Years

I like Alakazam much more than Abra and Kadabra, but probably not my favourite of Psychic-types. It does have a pretty awesome looking mega evolution though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I can see it being useful (if I'm thinking how Trace is used correctly) but it seems circumstantial and you're just better off with Synchronize. Or Magic Guard if you prefer I suppose.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Yeah but I really didn't feel like reorganizing what I was saying in mypost lmao. Alakazam's hidden ability was something I thought of after I nearly posted because I forgot about it until I decided to look it up. Because I ain't competitive lmfao.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

The only times I find Trace useful is when I'm looking for a wild Pokémon and I have preference for a certain ability. As the ability says what it traces, you know the Pokémon's ability and whether to catch it.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

Yep, I think Trace is like the ability notifier at some point, haha. Btw, since Alakazam is finally saved, Machop is next. Ready for some intense training?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I actually learned about Machop's existence through the TCG. I recall having an old Machop card as well as a "Dark Machoke" card.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

I'll let Machop pass but I have not an ounce of like for its evolutions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back