• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years

Gtl was fun at the start, but it kind of lost me half way through for some reason. With Sky I was completely gripped with the storyline throughout, even the special episodes were fun to go through. I'm hoping Super Mystery Dungeon is a step up from Gtl, it has the personality quiz back which is a plus!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon has the potential to top GtI, with all Pokemon available and such. Hell, it might even surpass the first PMD games!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It won't take that much to top GtI haha. The fact that it has a personality quiz and every Pokemon already pretty much beats it. Just needs a good storyline and bam.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Do you think "Super Mystery Dungeon" will really be the finalized title of the game? I don't mind it or anything, but I do find it a tiny bit hard to believe. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I do actually, considering that they've made the logo and I don't think they normally change it after the logo was made haha.

Meadow

Years

Ah, that makes sense. I initially thought they would keep "Super Mystery Dungeon," but add a small punch-line after it (like Rescue Team, Explorers, Gates to Infinity, etc.), but I guess it's fine either way. xD

On the bright side, it keeps the theme of the game a surprise until we actually play it, haha.

blue

gucci
    Years

The logo and box art seem to have a striking resemblance to the earlier games, prior to Gates to Infinity. But yeah the Super Mystery Dungeon is certainly a mystery right now. 8)

Years

The box art is really cute but it does make me think of Gates to Infinity almost immediately. Not that I mind though.. the game's looking to be awesome, especially since from the trailers we had increased text speed. The speed of the text was absolutely awful in GtI.

Meadow

Years

Same here! I always found it really cool how the Rescue Team games were released on two different systems, which broadens both the audience and the amount of options you have when playing them! :D

Meadow

Years

Yep, Sky was amazing! As for GtI, I heard the main problem was the lack of content (such as Pokémon, postgame, etc.), but at least the graphics and gameplay still seemed decent.

I can't wait to find out what kind of dungeons and missions we'll be seeing in Super Mystery Dungeon! I haven't been playing video games in a pretty long time, but this one will definitely make an exception! :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Yeah I personally liked the story of GtI. Not as great as Sky's, but idk I'm in the minority haha.

But hnnng yeah. I hope Super Mystery Dungeon will be great. At least they aren't making the mistakes of only a few options for Pokemon to be and Pokemon to recruit this time around.

Meadow

Years

Does anyone think that Super Mystery Dungeon will have "New 3DS"-exclusive features? The New 3DS has things like stronger hardware and a second circle pad, so plenty of games have been incorporating those into bonus features that aren't available when playing on a normal 3DS.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

Hmm... I'm not pretty sure about it. This makes me wondering, does Main Gen VI Pokémon games (XY and ORAS) lags when there are some big Pokémon around when using "New" 3DS?

blue

gucci
    Years

That could be a possibility, though I think Super Mystery Dungeon will be mainly build for the original 3DS. It would be cool to see stuff like Amiibo support, but I think that will be held off until the next generation.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I don't feel like buying a New 3DS right now. I might buy one if my current 3DS stops working.

Meadow

Years

I wonder what Game Freak is planning in regards to Amiibos. Maybe they'll purposely make certain Pokémon completely unobtainable unless you have an Amiibo, but I'm not too sure if that's a practical idea. I guess it's up to them to decide!

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I personally hope they don't do that. I'd rather see Wonder Mail Pokemon returning. I mean Pokemon like Lapras and Aipom in Red Rescue Team, and Mantine and Porygon in Blue Rescue Team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back