• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

Still don't know who we're voting for but yaaaay~

Seriously. Next Pokemon, I'm editing the first post.

I also hope they don't make a lot of use of Pokemon Amiibos. Those are already difficult to find for regular Nintendo games. If there are Pokemon Amiibos, not only will those who collect Amiibos buy them, but also those who collect Pokemon merchandise.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

We're on Machamp right now, haha. (And I believe we'll be on Bellsprout if the next person happens to upvote Machamp.)

But anyway, if Game Freak does choose to incorporate Pokémon Amiibos, then I hope they'll at least incorporate them in an innovative way, rather than having them to essentially "buy" an unobtainable Pokémon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

As long as they work like with smash or something I'd be okay with it.

casually stops being lazy and edit first post

Meadow

Years

Haha, Smash. xD But it would be nice if the Pikachu Amiibo were compatible with both Smash and Pokémon haha.

So do you guys have any predictions regarding an X/Y sequel or a third version?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

I just hope Game Freak figures out what to do with Zygarde, because it's not heavily featured in the original X and Y. And speaking of figures, this reminds me of Pokémon Rumble U which happens to have some NFC Pokémon figures (at least, from what I see in some trailers). And it's released long before amiibo did!

blue

gucci
    Years

I think there will be two games, either sequels or prequels to X & Y. The games will primarily take place in the Kalos Region, but will have connections to Hoenn and the characters from Hoenn (Archie, Maxie, Zinnia etc), perhaps we can even travel to Hoenn by some sort of transport.

After completing the Delta Episode, I definitely feel that X & Y and ORAS are connected in some way, especially the characters. It's highly possible that in the next set of games we will see a new storyline that connects Kalos and Hoenn with them having so many similarities. There are many references and quotes in-game that have purposely been put in that could support extra content in Hoenn. We've got the ship being constructed in Slateport City that's made to connect to Kalos, Battle Frontier, Match Call etc. Even in a recent interview, Junichi Masuda said he is always looking to surprise people.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

For the third game, I'd like to see Game Freak make a final boss song that can top Zinnia's battle theme!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

Now that I know who we're voting for, I can vote appropriately!

And yes to everything Blue suggested. I love seeing connections like that between regions because it shows that the Pokemon world isn't just going on one region at a time. Like just because the game takes place in Hoenn, that doesn't mean that there can be things going on in the other regions.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Machamp is one of those I don't care for alas. :')

But yess I would love to see more things that show that things are happening in other regions. I know there was something like that at the beginning of RSE where it talks about something happen in Johto but it would be nice if we had more than just little things like that.

Meadow

Years

I think there will be two games, either sequels or prequels to X & Y. The games will primarily take place in the Kalos Region, but will have connections to Hoenn and the characters from Hoenn (Archie, Maxie, Zinnia etc), perhaps we can even travel to Hoenn by some sort of transport.

After completing the Delta Episode, I definitely feel that X & Y and ORAS are connected in some way, especially the characters. It's highly possible that in the next set of games we will see a new storyline that connects Kalos and Hoenn with them having so many similarities. There are many references and quotes in-game that have purposely been put in that could support extra content in Hoenn. We've got the ship being constructed in Slateport City that's made to connect to Kalos, Battle Frontier, Match Call etc. Even in a recent interview, Junichi Masuda said he is always looking to surprise people.

Good observation there, buddy! This made me realize how much I've been missing out since I haven't played OR/AS yet. xD

Meadow

Years
    20. (Saved)

Maybe you can play them once 3DS and 2DS prices drop! Hopefully it'll happen soon since the "New 3DS" will eventually be stealing the show.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Belllllsproouuuuut

i'll probably buy the new 3ds whenever there's a pokemon game that can only be played by that. usually why i get a new nintendo handheld anyways.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

This makes me wondering if DSi is kinda pointless or not, since I think some of the features in Black and White (despite being playable at DS as well) takes advantage of the system.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It allows some games to run much better, I believe, because it has more power. Smash on the normal 3DS actually reboots it if you've played it long enough while it doesn't do that on the n3DS so I've heard. Also with it's higher processing powers they were able to put games such as Xenoblade Chronicles on it which they wouldn't have been able to do with the old 3DS.

DSi you were still able to play all games on the DSLite and heck even the fat DS.

Meadow

Years

Basically, yep. The New 3DS is probably the biggest upgrade for any Nintendo system that still shares the same name. I guess it's comparable to a 3.5DS, or something that's a borderline new system but only technically isn't.

(I'm glad we finally have that second circle pad, though!)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

Then I might have to get a New 3DS. I can definitely tell that the old 3DS has issues keeping games running. There was some definite slow-down when I was playing OmegaRuby, and even just playing Luigi's Mansion is giving my system problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back