• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Gooooooooooooood morning everyone!! (and evening if you're in the Southern Hemisphere)

I'm excited it's the weekend already, mostly because I finally get a break from how long this work week was. @__@ How's everyone?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • learning habits are different, i didn't study the menu quick enough. it's a sushi fusion place so the menu is pretty involved

i really want to keep this job because the people who run it are from asia, and it's so much easier for me to acclamate and deal with them than local americans

the owner joy almost decided to cash me out at 11 something, but i nearly broke down and excused myself to the back. i used some good tools from therapy and she changed her mind

she said she was going to text me status update, but had problems messaging me and i haven't received anything. gonna go in at open and get the scoop, and suggest/offer whatsapp instead if i'm still on board

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • Yes the worst Mosquitoes
    They go after your cheese instead of you... such a nightmare

Not to mention they ruin the tulips >:(

learning habits are different, i didn't study the menu quick enough. it's a sushi fusion place so the menu is pretty involved

i really want to keep this job because the people who run it are from asia, and it's so much easier for me to acclamate and deal with them than local americans

the owner joy almost decided to cash me out at 11 something, but i nearly broke down and excused myself to the back. i used some good tools from therapy and she changed her mind

she said she was going to text me status update, but had problems messaging me and i haven't received anything. gonna go in at open and get the scoop, and suggest/offer whatsapp instead if i'm still on board

I hope you still have the job :O

Years
    • Age 31
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    They never really bothered me in Ocala. They're around where I live moreso though because house is surrounded by trees.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Don't really see Mosquitoes where I am because I have a healthy Spider and Bird population and little standing water that allows them to breed.

JustCallMePops

Resident Popplio fan who sits in his mom's basemen
    Years
  • I've been lucky, haven't seen any mosquitoes since I've moved into my new house but I'm sure they'll come full force once summer comes around, bleh...

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I went years without getting a single mosquito bite and then last year got like 30 in about 20 minutes. It sucked. :(

So this summer I don't intend to leave the house even once to avoid the same fate. Reasonable, right??

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I went years without getting a single mosquito bite and then last year got like 30 in about 20 minutes. It sucked. :(

So this summer I don't intend to leave the house even once to avoid the same fate. Reasonable, right??

Once they've had a taste, they never forget you. You're doomed as they say lol. Have to clean the Bird bath tomorrow, otherwise the birds that eat Mosquitoes won't come. Damn Crows keep mucking it up with the crap they find. Even brought a dead mouse one time(whether they killed it I don't know).

Cid

Years
  • That is absurdly lucky.

I wish I could say the same. The Philippines is pretty much a breeding ground for mosquitoes, and dengue fever is still its most commonly carried disease. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back