• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [Summer or Winter Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Has anyone seen the tattoo Wee-Man got in memory of Ryan Dunn?
    It looks amazing and it covers nearly the entire upper-half of his leg.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I also saw the video of Bam at the crash sight and was tear jerking. To have to go through what everyone is going through because of Dunn's death is actually super upsetting to me. My dad died in an accident almost 11 years ago. He was a police officer at the rank of Sergeant , about two weeks from being promoted to Lieutenant. I was 4, and they say you truly don't start remembering things until you're like 5. I don't remember anything about my father. I just think that drinking and driving shouldn't happen, even though it does. I just think that better decisions could have been made that night, and even though they weren't, that effects a bunch of people.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • It seems that I'm really late on the ice cream discussion, but I must chime in that Cincy is Ice Cream heaven. Between Graeter's and United Dairy Farmers/Homemade, we have every national brand beaten. I don't have much to be proud of when it comes to where I live, but the ice cream is a bright spot.

I'll be contrarian and say that I was never terribly impressed with Cold Stone. For one, I disliked the atmosphere because every one I'd ever been to was staffed by preppy, snarky, all-around-weird young people who looked and acted like they should have been in Abercrombie & Fitch ads, not an ice cream parlor. They have odd guidelines for choosing staff. Furthermore, adding a glut of toppings (which is Cold Stone's "hook" and the only reason to go there) makes each less distinct when eating the ice cream, and so no matter how creative I thought I was being, everything always ended up being the same mish-mash of general sweetness and conflicting textures. For the base price of a dip of ice cream there, I can purchase a far larger quantity elsewhere and be guaranteed satisfaction.

Years
  • I'm about to go, but since my 7th PC Anniversary is in a couple of minutes, I would like to celebrate. XD

Spoiler:

Years
  • I think this calls for a "careful with that cupcake, Pichu."

Mhm, that's actually an explosive cupcake. That naive Pichu is about to explode.

Dude, I just noticed you're using the Pichu I made for you all that time ago. XD

In a cute background too!

Yeah, I found it in the darkest depths of my Photobucket account, haha. It's still the awesomest thing I've ever seen.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • He wasn't around :( Until he decided to come back like three days ago.

There seems to be some kind of nostalgia disease spreading around the old members :D

Years
  • Oh the Pichu jokes/art/references/aficionado-isms. I missed having you around for that reason alone. XD

I missed it too. XD You guys are awesome as ever.

According to your profile......you're Rolling Pichu o_o Had no idea you were still around!

Hey, Kaga! You were one of Amy's closest friends. We were barely knowing each other when you two stormed away! Do you have any idea what became of her?

Oh and it's awesome to see you back!

He wasn't around :( Until he decided to come back like three days ago.

There seems to be some kind of nostalgia disease spreading around the old members :D

I've always been way too nostalgic :/ And yeah, it spreads like a virus.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Hey, Kaga! You were one of Amy's closest friends. We were barely knowing each other when you two stormed away! Do you have any idea what became of her?

Amy forever disappeared into the mists of the internet, sadly. She stopped coming on MSN some time in late 04 or early 05 and there was never any word from her again. I'd like to think that she's somewhere in the UK happily caring for horses, but I've never forgotten her and will always miss her.

Years
  • Amy forever disappeared into the mists of the internet, sadly. She stopped coming on MSN some time in late 04 or early 05 and there was never any word from her again. I'd like to think that she's somewhere in the UK happily caring for horses, but I've never forgotten her and will always miss her.

I was afraid you would say something like this... So we know the same.

I like to think too she must be riding unicorns somewhere nice. :P She must be all excited right now about the last HP film.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years

• I was afraid you would say something like this... So we know the same.

I like to think too she must be riding unicorns somewhere nice. :P She must be all excited right now about the last HP film.

She has to be incredibly excited right about now. When I go see Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 I'll imagine her there watching it as well.

I've kept a link to the Tattsu Cafe for all these years as a way to keep my memory of her alive. I can't recall if you were ever there with us, but this was where we were holed up during our little two-person protest against the T-Dome/PC leadership of the time. It's preserved in every last nostalgic detail.

Years
  • She has to be incredibly excited right about now. When I go see Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 I'll imagine her there watching it as well.

I've kept a link to the Tattsu Cafe for all these years as a way to keep my memory of her alive. I can't recall if you were ever there with us, but this was where we were holed up during our little two-person protest against the T-Dome/PC leadership of the time. It's preserved in every last nostalgic detail.

Wow! Of course I was there! I didn't even remember it existed! Damn, you're so cool for keeping that link for all these years.

My username was Arty. That's what people back in 2004 used to call me... Dude, this is as nostalgic as it gets. I don't even want to see my posts from back then. This is amazing!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years

• Wow! Of course I was there! I didn't even remember it existed! Damn, you're so cool for keeping that link for all these years.

My username was Arty. That's what people back in 2004 used to call me... Dude, this is as nostalgic as it gets. I don't even want to see my posts from back then. This is amazing!

Oh yeah, you were Arty, weren't you? I returned a month ago, P.K. Hammer's recently back under the name Merzbau, and now you. Dammit, I still miss Amy so badly.

You can't tell me you won't read every single old post you made, haha. The first thing I did when I came back to PC was to witness just how truly awful some of the things I wrote were. It's ultimately good for the ego to realize just how far you've come.

Tattsu Cafe was a fairly innocent place, though, so I doubt you'll find much beyond some very tame chat :p The height of discussion there were things like speculating who would voice who in the 4kids dub of One Piece, which is hilarious today for several reasons.

Years
  • Oh yeah, you were Arty, weren't you? I returned a month ago, P.K. Hammer's recently back under the name Merzbau, and now you. Dammit, I still miss Amy so badly.

You can't tell me you won't read every single old post you made, haha. The first thing I did when I came back to PC was to witness just how truly awful some of the things I wrote were. It's ultimately good for the ego to realize just how far you've come.

Tattsu Cafe was a fairly innocent place, though, so I doubt you'll find much beyond some very tame chat :p The height of discussion there were things like speculating who would voice who in the 4kids dub of One Piece, which is hilarious today for several reasons.

In PC my name was icy_storm. :D

And yeah, I probably will read the posts from TC. It's pretty nice to go back that far.

By the way, you should go back to your old Dr. Octopus avatar. I've always pictured you as Alfred Molina. XD And a question, were you the creator of the Bring Misty Back club? I remember loving that club!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back