• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucid

Wasted? I have watched those things so many times it's a wonder they didn't break.
    mine are in a landfill somewhere, a combination of I'm not paying over $100 for a damn VHS player and omg those things tangle and piss me off.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I've never had the problem of a VHS tape tangling. I must not have watched them enough even though I had the Wizard of Oz and Spirited Away on VHS and would watch each at least once a day for years. I still haven't gotten around to buying a blu ray player, so I've got a vhs dvd double player. Now if I could just find some tapes that aren't just old episodes of pokemon.

Lucid

It doesn't happen as often as cassettes (I really am old), but it does happen, mostly randomly or if the thing has been watched too much, yeah. Idc what anyone says, blue ray is over rated. I can't tell the diffrence but for a couple of movies, and in those the actors don't look as good.

Lucid

I need an old TV. I'm not super impressed with the curved ones. I think it's just because I did the 3D TV thing mostly, but aside from the glare, I don't get it.

Years
    Sounds like you need a better TV. 8)

You really need a good hardware set up to appreciate it. Go into a Best Buy some time and sit down in their full set up with the fancy Samsung curved ultra-HD and surround sound. It's pretty ballin
    I sometimes wish we had a good surround sound system here.

But eh, at least we have an HD TV and that's good enough for me. Honestly, surround sound might end up pissing off the neighbors eventually haha. At least if we played it at a volume that would best suit movies. >:D

Years
    I need a new TV. Can't watch the new season of Game of Thrones in all its glory on my 24'' (I think) Samsung TV. :/ My bro has a really nice LG one that I might just steal from him until the semester lets out, haha.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I can't even imagine not having a blu-ray player anymore. or a nice TV. I'm a snob. I haven't watched a movie in low-def (unless it was never made in HD) in years, and I need it that way tbh. I'm awful.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I used to have 3 HDTVs, but my dad thinks you can take back gifts whenever you like, so now I'm stuck with a 36 inch that I've had since like second grade. Once you've had a taste for hd, it's hard to go back.

Years
    We have two decently sized HD TVs at my parents' house - one in the entertainment room and one in the living room, and a smaller not HD one in their kitchen. In my college dorm, there's a smaller TV in the entrance to the suite I reside in, and the guy right next to my room has a TV of his own. I don't.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    We used to have a TV. We never watched it ourselves, but the Mexicans that lived before us left us a jerry-rigged cable-stealing setup that we fixed back when we bought internet. The idiot box is a waste of time IMO, at least with cable.

I guess I like the internet so much because it's two way, and not output only with television. Plus it's really unhealthy to take in TV regularly with all of the advertisements, you know. I'm still having a hard time understanding why they think it's reasonable to charge for channels and run ads on them on top of it, literally having customers purchase their own brainwashing. I'm not giving you that much money for something like that lol, you're outta your mind

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    It sure was a change of pace going from a mother/daughter duo of Cali girls in a big house in Colorado to a giant family of Mexicans in a tiny house. There was a family of four in what is now my bedroom :P

The other bedroom had all their stuff, and Kris (the family head) and my mother shared a bed in a converted dining room while I slept in the living room. The rent was being split three ways and it was efficient af, but nevertheless tight

Kris is really interesting, I have a lot of props to her. Albeit it is in Mexico she owns three residential rental units, a manor for herself and family, and is having construction done for a commercial duplex right now. She's going to retire nicely.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    We recently bought a new TV for our family room. Managed to get a larger screen in the same "footprint" of our older, smaller set because the frame is now so narrow. We fit a 48" in the same profile as our old 42" haha It looks sooo great too.

...unfortunately, that is not the room where I video game :( My main TV is clouding a bit, so I'm hoping it croaks soon so I can feel not guilty for replacing it. I'll buy the same set we just did because it's great and it was cheap

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i honestly only use my tv for playing games or watching movies
    i just download everything or watch it on netflix plus nz never has anything good on television so

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back