• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i get bored with my avatars somewhat easily too. :x the longest i can go is definitely a couple weeks before i need a breath of fresh air on my theme.

also yeah +1, Angie always has nice avatars. :D

Years
  • I recall changing some of my themes after only a few hours, but never gonna do that short again. Because after the collab I have my fangirl phases to attend to again.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I have an impeccably high standard and preference with the images I pick. They have to be a high enough res, they can't be watermarked (or at least the cropped portion can't), they have to have a good palette going, the object in the avatar has to send the exact emotions I intend... it's a very complicated thing.

Meeting all of my extensive criterion naturally doesn't happen as often with GIFs. But when it does, and I finally have a GIF I'm happy with, prepare yourself. Because it will be awesome.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • \o/
    I succesfully derailed the conversation. muahahaha.

I'm very inconsistent with my avatar/theme routines. I may keep one for months and then change every couple of days between others.

Truth be told, of all my themes, the aradia ones have been my favorites.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm the type of person that sticks with a theme for a loooooong time when I get one I really like. Part of that is that I flat-out don't feel like changing it, and the other part is that I just don't feel the need to have something new every other day.

A big reason I stuck with the multi-game one I had for so long before my KH2 theme was because it was so broad that it was appropriate for pretty much any time. It had plenty of great games on it and wasn't just restricted to whatever series I was currently playing or whatever single one I wanted to base a theme on.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm the type of person that sticks with a theme for a loooooong time when I get one I really like. Part of that is that I flat-out don't feel like changing it, and the other part is that I just don't feel the need to have something new every other day.

A big reason I stuck with the multi-game one I had for so long before my KH2 theme was because it was so broad that it was appropriate for pretty much any time. It had plenty of great games on it and wasn't just restricted to whatever series I was currently playing or whatever single one I wanted to base a theme on.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • It's a bit difficult getting a theme together. But if done right, you will catch a lot of people's eye very easily. It's no simple task - there's aesthetic choices, gathering the right sources, planning the CSS, making the CSS, formatting and uploading the images... yeah. I think it's worth it.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I can't even remember the last theme I had that wasn't part of a collab :(

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I need to really get into making a theme. My problem is that I can't use CSS to save my life. I need to learn and use it often.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't plan css, I just type and type and shape it as I go along, haha. Because I don't know enough to plan ahead, I guess.

Learning css: copying the code of others and fiddling around with it until you realize what term does what.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I decided I don't need a fancy theme. I'll have an avatar, and that's it.

Mystelex

Are there any Tilemap editors here ? ( By Tilemaps , I'm talkin' 'bout Advanced Map Tilemaps ).

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Are there any Tilemap editors here ? ( By Tilemaps , I'm talkin' 'bout Advanced Map Tilemaps ).

This is not the place to talk about ROM hacking. I see you've already found your way to ROM hacking, so I don't have to link you there. I think they are better equipped to help you with your question, haha.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    hey sorry to interject real quick but: guys try using the "New Reply" button instead of the Quick Reply box at the bottom. seems to create less double posts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back