• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

• The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Obligatory post is obligatory.

It's funny how even though that happened while I was in my home country, you could just feel that there would be serious ramifications for such a terrible event.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • Oh wow, yeah. I was pretty young, so I didn't even know what the towers were until they were hit. Though, it was still an awful feeling going to school that day, with everyone freaking out, and the teachers playing it on the news for the following week. -w- Can't imagine what it was like for the people who were anywhere close by where it happened.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I was getting ready for math class (freshman year of college) when it happened. We didn't talk about it much during class, but oddly enough my History class later that day was cancelled (and that would have been an excellent place to discuss that day's events).

When the guys down the hall pounded on my door and told me the towers had been hit, I didn't believe them till I flipped on my TV

In a scary bit of irony, I had gotten my picture taken with the towers in the background in August 2001, less than a month before they were struck.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I was only young when this occurred, so I have only realised in the pasty 4 or so years until understood what really happenned. Although I have no direct conneciton to the event, it still stunned me.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Ugh yea, I can't remember a thing about this happening, I was probably too young because I can't imagine it not being aired on television. The only disaster I do remember hearing of shortly after it happened was the tsunami 8 years ago.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I was 10 years old, nearly 11. I was walking out of my room at 7am to start getting ready for school and Mum was watching it on the TV. I had no idea what the Trade Center was before that day. I got the day off school though because Mum was paranoid and wanted to keep my sister and I close in the event that this was the beginning of World War 3 lol.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I was 8 years old when that happened, I think. I think it was the second day already when I knew it as it happened while I was probably asleep or something (time zones). The morning news the next day on TV covered it all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I was like 5 when they were hit. I didn't know that they even existed, so I didn't know that they got hit. It wasn't until a few years later that I figured out what it was. My mom never really talked about it, and she didn't freak out about it. Opposite sides of the country, so it hasn't affected me personally.

Years
  • Oh wow, yeah. I was pretty young, so I didn't even know what the towers were until they were hit.

I was 6 or 7 at the time, so I had no idea what that was all about until I learned about it at an older age.

Yeah, I was too young myself so I didn't really think much of it... I was just confused why everyone (except me lol) were being picked up and going home. Thankfully I was in Brooklyn at the time and not Manhattan so I didn't see it in "that much detail." ;_; I don't remember what class I was in, I think English or something. My mom worked in the city and had to walk home so she didn't get back until around midnight.

Years
  • My father was actually planning on going to America to work for a while (it would be like a work holiday lol) but then 9/11 happened and he was like, yeah . . . no.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I was in the fifth grade at the time, I was just old enough to realize "HOLY CRAP! REALLY?". I hadn't paid any attention to conflict between the USA and the middle east, but because of the significance of the event, I had actually thought that was when the whole conflict began for the longest time.

Pudz

Incredible Edible Vegetarian
    Years
  • I was actually a work at the time, and I remember we all stopped and starred at the television wall in shock. Everybody, staff, customers, everybody... just stopped. It was the single most surreal moment of my life.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • On 9/11 I was about 4 years old. I was at my preschool and didn't know what was going on at the time. It was a normal preschool day for me. I didn't know until years later.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think it took for me until I read articles and stuff about 911 that I know full well what happened and the various repercussions that it caused. By then I'm in high school, 10th grade-equivalent.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My aunt lives in Brooklyn and she happened to be visiting us in Texas when it happened, and was meant to fly back that day but obviously didn't. We were really lucky.

Years
  • I was in Art Class at the time and I remember the teachers running around from room to room and whispering in each others ears, then their eyes would get all wide. I knew something was up. I didn't find out until second period when I got to History Class, where it was on TV.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back