• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Delta Episode

blue

gucci
    Years
    The Delta Episode

So in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, after defeating the champion you can start the Delta Episode. For those of you who don't know, the Delta Episode is a side quest that involves stopping a meteorite on a collision course with the planet.

What are your thoughts on the Delta Episode? Did you enjoy it? Would you like to see similar episodes in future games? Discuss!

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Ah, the Delta Episode, what an epic episode it was ^^ I thought it was really neat to see something like this in a Pokemon game--it's really unique and not quite like anything we've seen in a Pokemon game so far. Zinnia is a great character, it was really cool going into space, and the battle with Deoxys is epic!

My one criticism would be that it's a little too dialog heavy, and there's a little too much running around from one place to another just to go through one dialog to another. But that's made pretty easy with soaring and the Eon Flute, so it's not a huge criticism. I'd love to see something else like it in future games!

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
    The only problem I had was after you caught Deoxys. The guy at the space center asked you to gather more research on Deoxys. Couldn't be done. As for the episode itself. To me if was a bit short.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Short, but very sweet and enjoyable than looker on XY.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
    I actually liked the Delta Episode. It was short, but it was really fun going on a goose chase. Then again, mess with Rayquaza, and you are already dead.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i just finished the delta episode last night. i thought it would be way longer, but it was cute. ester!

Years
    Like Jinx said, the Delta Episode was short but it was great to see an actual story unfold in the postgame for a change. It was what wanted to keep me playing until that bad corruption that hit me.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    The only problem I had was after you caught Deoxys. The guy at the space center asked you to gather more research on Deoxys. Couldn't be done. As for the episode itself. To me if was a bit short.

I'm pretty sure that's just flavor text, but now that you mention it, that would be neat if you could actually could continue the Delta Episode by gathering more research on Deoxys ^^ Like perhaps the more you travel around with Deoxys in your party, the more you gather research on it, or something like that.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that's just flavor text, but now that you mention it, that would be neat if you could actually could continue the Delta Episode by gathering more research on Deoxys ^^ Like perhaps the more you travel around with Deoxys in your party, the more you gather research on it, or something like that.
    Or the fact that the Meteorites change its form.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It is nice and short, but not great. I prefer a post-game content rather than a post-game story.

Ryz

Years
    It was awesome. My favorite part was the music when you go to space. Every time I play OR/AS I always look forward to the music. I hope they add more stuff like this. Make the games a bit longer. The fact that most pokemon games take 10 hours to beat is crazy. They should take a page from games like Glazed and Zeta/Omicron that take over 24 hours just to beat the story.
    When I played Glazed my game time at the end was 26hours I believe. On Zeta my game time after the story was over 30. I wish GameFreak would make a game with two regions.

Ryz

Years
    I thought it was great until Deoxys struggled and died before I caught it, and I realized I hadn't saved in three hours.
    You can battle Deoxys again. After you beat the E4 for the second time if you go to the Spear Pillar the triangle is there and you can battle it again.

Years
    You can battle Deoxys again. After you beat the E4 for the second time if you go to the Spear Pillar the triangle is there and you can battle it again.

Really? Then my one problem with The Delta episode, that you couldn't save between the fights with Rayquaze and Deoxys, is not that much of a problem anymore. Overall I thought it was awesome with the story and the meteorite and Rayquaza and stuff. I like when there is a little more to do after the Elite-Four, it gives a less generic ending to the game.

Ryz

Years
    Really? Then my one problem with The Delta episode, that you couldn't save between the fights with Rayquaze and Deoxys, is not that much of a problem anymore. Overall I thought it was awesome with the story and the meteorite and Rayquaza and stuff. I like when there is a little more to do after the Elite-Four, it gives a less generic ending to the game.
    Yeah I agree. I'm glad they changed it up. Like all there is to do after E4 is catch legendaries, find shines, and complete the pokedex.
    On the thing about not being able to save, that does really suck.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Ughhh I hate Zinnia. She's easily one of my least favorite characters in the entire Pokémon franchise. Such an obnoxious and overbearing character, the Delta Episode would have been much more enjoyable if they had a different character. Plus there was the flaw of Rayquaza and Deoxys being back-to-back fights. I think it was a really cool concept to add for post-game, but it felt so rushed and really just ugh.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Ughhh I hate Zinnia. She's easily one of my least favorite characters in the entire Pokémon franchise. Such an obnoxious and overbearing character, the Delta Episode would have been much more enjoyable if they had a different character. Plus there was the flaw of Rayquaza and Deoxys being back-to-back fights. I think it was a really cool concept to add for post-game, but it felt so rushed and really just ugh.

Yea, I didn't care much for the back-to-back legendary encounters. Especially given how unexpected the Deoxys battle was. They could have at least given us a minute to prepare before we encounter Deoxys :c At least they give us the opportunity to try capturing it again though c:

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2015
    It was... fun enough. A bit short and dialogue heavy as other people have said, and I would have liked a way to remind you what your next goal in the Delta Episode was (as I left the game partway through the Delta Episode and returned months later with no memory of what to do), but it was good overall.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It was... fun enough. A bit short and dialogue heavy as other people have said, and I would have liked a way to remind you what your next goal in the Delta Episode was (as I left the game partway through the Delta Episode and returned months later with no memory of what to do), but it was good overall.

I can definitely see that happening. If I hadn't done the entire Delta Episode in one go I probably would have lost my place too. Maybe next time GameFreak delivers something like this in a Pokemon game, we'll get something to help us remember where we are, such as a travel journal, or something to that effect. Hopefully.

Years
    This is what you call post-game content. It was fun, original and felt great to play through. I hope we get more like this in the future.

I loved how the Delta Episode was something fresh for postgame content, since we never really had anything to do in postgame most of the time so to have a new plot unfold after beating the main story was something nice to see. The only negative thing I see was that it was too short, if it were longer it would have done better.

Back