• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Fighting-type Dojo!

Years
Toxicroak

Have you ever used it competitively or in-game?
I haven't used it competively but I have used it briefly in-game. I love amphibians and it's one of my fave Fighting-types so I want to give it a proper go in the future. I like that's it's got a unique typing.

What do you think of the overall design of Toxicroak?
I really like the design. It looks strong and as if it's ready for a fight as well as giving off a toxic vibe! The claws are cool!

What is the best move it has?
I don't know it's best move but the moves I like to use are Poison Jab and Drain Punch.

What did you think when Brock caught his own Croagunk (pre-evolution of Toxicroak) in the Diamond and Pearl anime? Was it funny seeing Croagunk Poison Jab Brock and dragging him away repeatedly throughout the anime each time Brock tries to ask out a girl?
Absolutely hilarious! One of the best running jokes for sure. They've tried to repeat it with other characters but it's just not the same!

What do you think of its shiny form?
It's very cool but not quite as an intimidating look than the normal colours. Kinda looks ready for a rave!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Toxicroak

I actually used a Croagunk who later evolved into a Toxicroak! ;) Additionally she gave birth to a Croagunk son, whose IV stats are for competitive! Needless to say, he was EV trained to be one! {XD}

I actually love the design of it, it really combines the element of Poison and Fighting-type perfectly.

Poison Jab is one of those moves that is great, it's specially handy nowadays with Fairy-type available!

What did you think when Brock caught his own Croagunk (pre-evolution of Toxicroak) in the Diamond and Pearl anime? Was it funny seeing Croagunk Poison Jab Brock and dragging him away repeatedly throughout the anime each time Brock tries to ask out a girl?
I actually the Croagunk adorable and powerful. :) I wish it had more on screen time! I'm sure it's able to deliver a great Gym battle! I have no special thoughts on those moments he jab Brock. Though I wonder if it's going to do well under Ash's command and ownership?

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Toxicroak

I haven't used it competively but I have used it briefly in-game. I love amphibians and it's one of my fave Fighting-types so I want to give it a proper go in the future. I like that's it's got a unique typing.

I really like the design. It looks strong and as if it's ready for a fight as well as giving off a toxic vibe! The claws are cool!

I don't know it's best move but the moves I like to use are Poison Jab and Drain Punch.

Absolutely hilarious! One of the best running jokes for sure. They've tried to repeat it with other characters but it's just not the same!

It's very cool but not quite as an intimidating look than the normal colours. Kinda looks ready for a rave!

I'd have to agree with you guys. Poison Jab is its signature best move IMO. :)

Points updated! :)

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'd have to agree with you guys. Poison Jab is its signature best move IMO. :)

Points updated! :)

Senpai, new topics please. I know I'm too eager, haha! :P

I suggest to talk about the ideas/opinions for future Fighting-type Pokémon, we can also further extend this to moves in the future!

VillageofDragons

Years
Senpai, new topics please. I know I'm too eager, haha! :P

I suggest to talk about the ideas/opinions for future Fighting-type Pokémon, we can also further extend this to moves in the future!

Woah, slow down. I'm still waiting for others to reply to the current POTW. Also, in the meantime I got nothing.

If you yould like to suggest a new topic to talk about feel free to go ahead though. :)

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
Username: KetsuekiR
Your FIGHTING type nickname (Choose one of the following: FIGHTING type Senpai, FIGHTING type Student, FIGHTING type Master, FIGHTING type Veteran, or FIGHTING type Sensei): FIGHTING type Senpai
Your Fighting Type Club Campaign Partner (You can choose only one): Mega-Medicham
Reason for joining the Dojo (Club): I always use a Fighting type in almost all my in-game/competetive teams since they are such a versatile group of Pokemon! Plus, most of them look epic.
Answer to any one of the current topics:
- What's your opinion on the four FIGHTING type Starters (Final forms) we have? (Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar, and Chestnaught) Which one is your favorite and why?

I think it's a good thing since good fighting types aren't as common as most other types and it's always nice having a fighting type early on in the game! I'd have to say my favourite has to be Infernape since I used one in my normal ORAS play-through and it owned Steven's Mega-Metagross even though he was 7 levels below Metagross! Plus, he's the Monkey King :P

I'll answer the others too :D

- What made you love FIGHTING type Pokemon?
They almost always look pretty cool and all of them are super useful in any play-through!

- What was your first FIGHTING type Pokemon? Explain.
Hariyama. I used on in my Ruby game (which was the second game I ever played) and it was the first time I made a team based more on type than what I could find randomly. That being said, I did find Makuhita randomly and after a quick Google search, realised he was Fighting type and so I went ahead and caught him! I regret nothing, he was amazing!

- Who is your favorite FIGHTING type Pokemon user?
Brawly since he seems to be a pretty cool guy! I like Korrina too since she was a better challenge than Brawly was and she's on roller skates. Plus, she gives you a Mega Lucario so that's great!

- What's your favorite FIGHTING type move? Why?
Aura Sphere since it's special rather than physical, which is the norm with fighting type moves. It's a nice surprise for those physical walls xD

- Which generation had the best FIGHTING type Pokemon? Why?
The fourth with Pokemon like Lucario and Gallade, two of my favourite fighting types! It also introduced the move Close Combat and Aura Sphere, two of my favourite fighting type moves!

Thanks for reading, Senpai, have an awesome day!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Toxicroak

Yeah, plenty of times competitively, and once in-game.

It has one of the coolest designs of the 4th gen.

Gunk Shot in my opinion. The move has 120 BP and hits so much stuff for some good damage. There's also Sucker Punch which can rape fast teams, especially if Toxicroak packs Swords Dance.

Croagunk, imo, was one of the best things about the DP anime. I loved it when it Poison Jabbed Brock every time he tries to ask out girls.

Not a big fan of that.

With that said, I reached 2000 posts.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
1. Have you ever used it competitively or in-game?
In game once idk why i never used it again it was quite powerful

2. What do you think of the overall design of Toxicroak?
Nice although he could probably be a bit taller

3. What is the best move it has?
Poison Jab because it goes nicely with its high Physical attack

4. What did you think when Brock caught his own Croagunk (pre-evolution of Toxicroak) in the Diamond and Pearl anime? Was it funny seeing Croagunk Poison Jab Brock and dragging him away repeatedly throughout the anime each time Brock tries to ask out a girl?
Yes haha it was so wonderful nice replacement for misty in my opinion.

5. What do you think of its shiny form?
Kinda looks a bit retro but the color differentiation is nice :)

VillageofDragons

Years
Thank you so much for replying guys! I'll be updating the thread with all your points and joining the Dojo too.... :)

Expect a new POTW to come out soon! :)

Reactions: Sun

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
Never since that 4x weakness to Psychic is crippling seeing as most competitive teams have a Pokemon that can use Psychic attacks.

I think he looks exactly as you' expect him to look if you thought of a fighting type Frog. If I could change anything, I'd make the bulbous thingy on his throat smaller but that's just a general disliking towards frogs >~<

Definitely Poison Jab with that sweet STAB damage!

4. What did you think when Brock caught his own Croagunk (pre-evolution of Toxicroak) in the Diamond and Pearl anime? Was it funny seeing Croagunk Poison Jab Brock and dragging him away repeatedly throughout the anime each time Brock tries to ask out a girl?
Absolutely! It was something that always made me smile, even after the 50th time! One of the first things I thought of when Brock left the anime was that I wouldn't see anymore of Croagunk's Poison Jab Dx

I like it to some degree. I don't love it but it looks pretty cool!

VillageofDragons

Years
I regret to inform you all that I am leaving all of Pokecommunity for good.... If one of you wants to take over as the OP of my Fighting type club, you have my permission.... I don't feel a need to be using PC anymore and on the topic of Pokemon Clubs the OP always messes up for me anyway, and I just don't have the time to use Pokecommunity... So, it is with great regret, that I resign as the founder of this here Fighting type club. I wish everyone who helped me have it be active the best of luck, Thank you for your support. :)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Hmm... I've been to busy, so I couldn't decorate our main thread. But bear with me, I'll make it look good along Rock-type Club's, which is my top priority (vs our own club)

In the mean time here's a topic for us:
Do we need a FIghting-type legendary in the future generations? Why?
If so, what animal/object should it be based on?
What's the story behind it?

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
I was invited by Sun to join. So hi everyone, I am a huge fan of the fighting types of Pokemon and it is my favorite type of Pokemon. Fighting types became my favorite due to that they always really have helped me in each of my playthroughs, and I've also really liked their designs a lot. My favorite fighting type moves are Aura Sphere, Flying Press, Sky Uppercut, High Jump Kick, Close Combat, and Counter. My obvious favorite fighting type is Pancham, as well as it's evolution, Pangoro, but some of my other favorites include Lucario, Blaziken, Infernape, Hawlucha, Hitmonlee, Machoke and Chesnaught.

I would personally like to see more Fighting type Legendary Pokemon in the future since there is only 4.5 Fighting legendaries, mostly because all the Fighting type legendaries are from Gen 5 and with the half exception of Meloetta, I would like to see a Fighting type legendary that isn't part of a group. I can't think of a story behind, or what animal or object it should be based after.

EDIT: I forgot to add in my partner Pokemon, or in this case Pokemon team. I'll start with just Pancham.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I was invited by Sun to join. So hi everyone, I am a huge fan of the fighting types of Pokemon and it is my favorite type of Pokemon. Fighting types became my favorite due to that they always really have helped me in each of my playthroughs, and I've also really liked their designs a lot. My favorite fighting type moves are Aura Sphere, Flying Press, Sky Uppercut, High Jump Kick, Close Combat, and Counter. My obvious favorite fighting type is Pancham, as well as it's evolution, Pangoro, but some of my other favorites include Lucario, Blaziken, Infernape, Hawlucha, Hitmonlee, Machoke and Chesnaught.

I would personally like to see more Fighting type Legendary Pokemon in the future since there is only 4.5 Fighting legendaries, mostly because all the Fighting type legendaries are from Gen 5 and with the half exception of Meloetta, I would like to see a Fighting type legendary that isn't part of a group. I can't think of a story behind, or what animal or object it should be based after.

EDIT: I forgot to add in my partner Pokemon, or in this case Pokemon team. I'll start with just Pancham.

Hello Pancham Cutie! Welcome to the Fighting VIP Dojo, only fine members are invited to this club (at least that is the policy after I took over this once deserted club), so consider yourself special! Make yourself at home. :)

Have you used a Fighting-type Pokemon from your very first Pokemon playthrough? If so which Pokemon was that and what game was that?

Actually you will need me to prompt you for a partner Pokemon (in order to begin and carry a convo), but definitely zero harm has been done! {XD}

I believe it's only you and I are active for the time being, but without any further ado we shall begin our first event ever! :D

Our first ever event is called the Pokemon CLASH. Check the grand thread (aka main thread/first post) for details about CLASH, trust me it's not difficult and it's just a piece of cake!

Zoroark Cutie

Years
Hello Pancham Cutie! Welcome to the Fighting VIP Dojo, only fine members are invited to this club (at least that is the policy after I took over this once deserted club), so consider yourself special! Make yourself at home. :)

Have you used a Fighting-type Pokemon from your very first Pokemon playthrough? If so which Pokemon was that and what game was that?

Actually you will need me to prompt you for a partner Pokemon (in order to begin and carry a convo), but definitely zero harm has been done! {XD}

I believe it's only you and I are active for the time being, but without any further ado we shall begin our first event ever! :D

Our first ever event is called the Pokemon CLASH. Check the grand thread (aka main thread/first post) for details about CLASH, trust me it's not difficult and it's just a piece of cake!
Woot! I'm special X3. I will definitely make myself comfy here :).

First I'm not going to count my playthroughs Red/Blue, Ruby, or Sapphire, because I never did properly play them. So on my first real playthrough, which was on White 2, I did use a fighting type, I actually ended up using 4, but 3 of them I used all the way up to the end of the game. The first one was a Riolu which later evolved into a Lucario. I always liked the design of Lucario since I first saw it in the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew movie, that I decided to spend the time at the beginning of White 2 capture a Riolu at Floccesy Ranch, and he ended up becoming one of my main helpers for the majority of the game, and it really made me love Lucario. The other 2 were Verizion and Terrakion, the Terrakion was my main helper during the fight against Iris as the Champion. The other Fighting type I used during that playthrough was Cobalion, but I replaced not long after I got Verizion.

Ah okay. I didn't know X3, but I will keep that in mind.

It is definitely fun from what I've seen and I will take part of it. :)

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Quoted for notification.

[a id]sh_clash[/a id]Pokémon Clash #1
hxv2nOP.png
qDxNCzY.png

Pancham vs Riolu
  1. How would you describe the personality of Pancham (as a whole specie, not certain individual kinds)?
  2. A Pancham evolves by at Level 32 if there's a Dark-type Pokemon in party, does this mean it turns bad upon evolving? Why/Why not?
  3. In which aspect Pancham is better than Riolu? And in which part worse than Riolu?
  4. A Riolu has powers to sense emotions of its surrounding, does this make Riolu a kind and compassionate Pokemon? Or a cunning Pokemon that uses the others emotions to its advantage?
  5. Why does Riolu evolves into a part Steel-type, instead of a Fighting and Psychic-type Pokemon?
    Please check the grand thread for the current mode.
    Which Pokemon should win the first CLASH?
    Don't be shy! Tell us why! Lol

Zoroark Cutie

Years
1. How would you describe the personality of Pancham (as a whole specie, not certain individual kinds)? - I would describe Pancham as a species as playful and mischievous, since it is known as the Playful Pokemon and its Japanese name, Yancham, is a combination of Yancha and champion, and yancha meaning naughty. The way I see it, Pancham is mischievous in a playful way, meaning no actual harm to people and does it just for pure fun.

2. A Pancham evolves by at Level 32 if there's a Dark-type Pokemon in party, does this mean it turns bad upon evolving? Why/Why not? - Personally I'm going to say no. For two big reasons. For one, is that it retains its Fighting type. Dark is referred to Evil type in Japan, and Dark is weak to Fighting and the common interpretation is because Fighting type representing Good and Dark representing, surprise surprise, Evil. Combined I believe that it makes the Anti-Hero and it makes sense to me due to Pangoro's PokeDex entry in X and Omega Ruby, as it says "Although it possesses a violent temperament, it won't put up with bullying. It uses the leaf in its mouth to sense the movements of its enemies.". The part that makes me believe that Pangoro isn't that bad is the part where it says "it won't put up with bullying", if Pangoro truly was bad, he would either do nothing against bullying or instigate bullying. Granted it is a violent Pokemon, but at least it shows that it is not entirely bad.

3. In which aspect Pancham is better than Riolu? And in which part worse than Riolu? - There are a lot of things that I think make both equally as good as each other. Starting with Pancham, one of the few things that I think makes Pancham a lot better is its personality. Unlike Riolu, Pancham has a pretty defined personality. By asking the question, what is a Riolu's personality like, you can't really say. All you know is that it is fighting type that can sense people's emotions and it uses Aura to communicate, but what is its personality. I mean, yeah, you got natures, but that's not really a lot to go on. Pancham on the other hand has a pretty clear personality. It's playful, its mischievous, and it can't resist grinning if someone pets it on the head, and it tries its best to look intimidating and scary, but can't because it looks too cute. Another thing is that Pancham, is one of only two Pokemon that levels up by having a certain Pokemon in the party, and is the only Pokemon that only evolves by leveling up with a certain type rather than a specific Pokemon, and I personally love that as it gives the Pokemon a bit more of a personality of its evolution as mentioned before. Plus there is its name, with it being a combination of Panda and Champion, and as mentioned before, Yancha and Champion in its Japanese name. As for Riolu, Riolu is a bit more of an interesting Pokemon seeing that it can learn people's emotions through aura. I think Riolu has a better design to it and stands out more than Pancham. One last aspect of Riolu that I think is also really cool and makes it stand out more is that it is also the only Fighting type Pokemon that can have the Prankster ability.

5. Why does Riolu evolves into a part Steel-type, instead of a Fighting and Psychic-type Pokemon? - My only guess is because #ThePokemonLogicIsReal.

Which Pokemon should win the first CLASH?
Don't be shy! Tell us why! Lol
- Biases aside, I am going for Pancham and for multiple reasons. First, Pancham has a base stat advantage, having 348 base stat total over Riolu's 285, and having higher attack and defense. Second, Pancham can learn a higher variety of moves. By level up, they both learn a combination of Normal, Fighting, and Dark. Riolu can learn also learn Ground, Poison, Rock, Ghost, Fire, Steel, Dragon, Ice, Electric, and Psychic moves through TMs, Breeding, and Tutoring. Pancham on the other hand can learn Ground, Poison, Rock, Ghost, Fire, Steel, Dragon, Ice, Electric, Psychic, Grass, Water, and also Flying, giving Pancham a higher type coverage than Riolu. Third is its abilities. If a Riolu and a Pancham would be put into battle, the Pancham would probably more than likely win since it has the higher base stats, and it can also have Iron Fist as an ability, giving it an attack boost to punching moves, it would surely knock a Riolu pretty fast, and pitted against other Pokemon, Pancham would still win out. Besides the type coverage and higher base stats, its abilities would guarantee it to win. Yes, Riolu can have Prankster, but Pancham can also have Scrappy or Mold Breaker, allowing it to hit Ghost Pokemon with Normal and Fighting moves, or ignore other abilities which is a bit more useful than Prankster in a lot of ways if Pancham was by itself.

Back