• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The Fire Emblem Club

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • so doing Conquest on Hard was a mistake

made it all the way to the wind chapter

have been trying a bunch of times to beat it

finally start making some progress

and then the game decides to proc a crit and someone dies

So I'm like **** it I'm putting this **** on Normal

I was probably gonna hate half the remaining chapters anyway. Gonna still try Revlations on Hard, but we'll see how it goes.
    Ah, that chapter. I beat it on Hard but didn't play much more since. I ought to finish off Conquest sooner or later... but I'm finding other games much more interesting atm. And I liked Conquest maps mostly... =/

Echoes was just more enjoyable overall than fates imho. Much more polished and fantastic presentation, no stupid face petting stuff, top notch voice acting, etc. Just needed less swampy/desert maps, haha.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
    • Best girl/guy Hector
    • How long have you been playing FE? Ever since Fire Emblem VII: Blazing Sword came to North America, which would make it ~15 years.
    • What was your first game? Fire Emblem VII: Blazing Sword
    I bought this on launch, and instantly fell in love; been a fan of the series ever since.​

I'm still holding out for a massive Dragon fight.
    Perhaps Fire Emblem Three Houses = Fire Emblem Three Dragons? I know this is speculation but fun nonetheless.

Echoes was just more enjoyable overall than fates imho. Much more polished and fantastic presentation, no stupid face petting stuff, top notch voice acting, etc. Just needed less swampy/desert maps, haha.
    Don't forget about the soundtrack!

Now a somewhat related question: have seen Fire Emblem VII's title translated as Blazing Sword & Blazing Blade. Which is the official translation? Also, do you all think that Fire Emblem VI needs an overseas release/remake, considering Roy being a Smash character without an overseas context?

As a sidebar, I don't know if any of you are familiar with Serenes Forest. May be worthy of mention, since I've to use their guides over the years.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Don't forget about the soundtrack!
    I'd say that SoV and Fates are similar with soundtrack quality level tbh. Fates did give us Road Taken after all!
    Now a somewhat related question: have seen Fire Emblem VII's title translated as Blazing Sword & Blazing Blade. Which is the official translation? Also, do you all think that Fire Emblem VI needs an overseas release/remake, considering Roy being a Smash character without an overseas context?

As a sidebar, I don't know if any of you are familiar with Serenes Forest. May be worthy of mention, since I've to use their guides over the years.
    Idk about the title, but I reckon FE6 would be a good candidate for another Echoes title.

I've used Serenes quite often in the past, haha. Certainly a useful resource there.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Now a somewhat related question: have seen Fire Emblem VII's title translated as Blazing Sword & Blazing Blade. Which is the official translation?

FE Heroes refers to the game as "The Blazing Blade", which I guess is the closest (or maybe is?) thing we have for an official translation of the title. Seeing both Blazing Sword and Blazing Blade probably comes from the fact that when FE7 came to the west, it was just titled "Fire Emblem", so people had to translate the Japanese title themselves, which is bound to lead to some variation.

I've heard of Serenes, but have never made an account there and have only looked at their pages a few times before.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
  • Idk about the title, but I reckon FE6 would be a good candidate for another Echoes title.
    Indeed; at least that'll provide an excuse to bring it overseas without having to play fan-translated ROMs and/or playing the Japanese title.

FE Heroes refers to the game as "The Blazing Blade", which I guess is the closest (or maybe is?) thing we have for an official translation of the title. Seeing both Blazing Sword and Blazing Blade probably comes from the fact that when FE7 came to the west, it was just titled "Fire Emblem", so people had to translate the Japanese title themselves, which is bound to lead to some variation.
    Ah, that explains my ignorance regarding this. I haven't played much of Fire Emblem Heroes or smartphone games in general.

Years
    • Age 34
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I've heard of Serenes, but have never made an account there and have only looked at their pages a few times before.
    Serenes is useful if you want fantranslation patches of games not released in the west. It's where I got patches from FE (NES) and FE4.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Best girl/guy: Reina or Charlotte/Lon'qu (I really don't dislike anyone though)

Nohr/Hoshido: Hoshido, but I prefer them in harmony

How long have you been playing FE? 3 years with Awakening. Heard great things and it didn't disappoint. Can't wait for the Switch one.

What was your first game? Awakening, then Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation. I skipped Echoes. I didn't like it at all. Warriors was very lackluster as well. Very boring and totally unfitting to the FE style.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • What was your first game? Awakening, then Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation. I skipped Echoes. I didn't like it at all. Warriors was very lackluster as well. Very boring and totally unfitting to the FE style.

I agree with you on Warriors... it felt disappointing, urgh.

It was fun at a few early segments, but later on the story got really lackluster, everything got tedious, and overall it seemed like a bare-boned cash grab. x:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I agree with you on Warriors... it felt disappointing, urgh.

It was fun at a few early segments, but later on the story got really lackluster, everything got tedious, and overall it seemed like a bare-boned cash grab. x:

Isn't that Musou in general? You can just put on the skin of anything to sell the same game over again!

As much as I love Berserk, I'm hesitant still to buy the game for PS4/PC that is essentially another Musou game. Even though that style fits something like Berserk way better.... going back to FE Warriors... god, does it get old fast (the unfitting FE elements they included were the ONLY parts about it that kept me more interested). And if I buy it for PC, it's only digital, so I'm stuck with if I wind up not liking it.

Better to wait to maybe get a PS4 and then buy a physical copy, then I can resell.

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
    • Age 19
    • We/Them
    • Texas
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Best girl/guy: Reina or Charlotte/Lon'qu (I really don't dislike anyone though)

Nohr/Hoshido: Hoshido, but I prefer them in harmony

How long have you been playing FE? 3 years with Awakening. Heard great things and it didn't disappoint. Can't wait for the Switch one.

What was your first game? Awakening, then Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation. I skipped Echoes. I didn't like it at all. Warriors was very lackluster as well. Very boring and totally unfitting to the FE style.
    Enpatsu! Your not dead! welcome to the club.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • About 16 chapters into Conquest right now, and Charlotte has completely taken my heart.

For those who have played it, who's your favorite character from Fates?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    About 16 chapters into Conquest right now, and Charlotte has completely taken my heart.

For those who have played it, who's your favorite character from Fates?

Charlotte was such a layered character, I actually married her in Conquest.

And no, I normally don't even prefer the stacked blondes.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Felicia's my favorite Fates character.

How's Conquest been so far for you?

I definitely like it more than Birthright so far! The characters in my opinion are much more interesting and the maps/story are really cool. I'm kinda surprised because I feel like I've learned so much more about Azura's true background here than in BR, and I guess I expected it to be pretty similar.

I ended up getting the Boo Camp and Ghostly Gold DLC, which has made it a lot easier than it should be, but I'm still having a blast with it. The classes that Nohr gets are so much cooler IMO, Effie and Charlotte have been absolute monsters in my run so far.

EDIT: did you end up finishing Conquest?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I definitely like it more than Birthright so far! The characters in my opinion are much more interesting and the maps/story are really cool. I'm kinda surprised because I feel like I've learned so much more about Azura's true background here than in BR, and I guess I expected it to be pretty similar.

I ended up getting the Boo Camp and Ghostly Gold DLC, which has made it a lot easier than it should be, but I'm still having a blast with it. The classes that Nohr gets are so much cooler IMO, Effie and Charlotte have been absolute monsters in my run so far.

EDIT: did you end up finishing Conquest?
    Yeah, Conquest goes more into Azura and her song than Birthright does, though on the other hand you (ironically) learn more about Garon/Nohr in Birthright than you do in Conquest. Not that you learn a whole lot either way.

Effie's been great for me too in both my playthroughs of Conquest, handles physical enemies like they're nothing. Though I also need to hold back on using her a bit for a while, she's like 3-4 levels higher than everyone else lol

I haven't beaten this playthrough of Conquest yet. I'm on chapter 22 though, so I'm gettin' there.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm getting close to finishing my 2nd Conquest run, so after that I'll start up my 2nd Revelations playthrough, gonna try doing Hard/Classic. But a thought I had is that it might be fun for other people to pick some of who I use for this playthrough. You get access to everyone from both sides in Revelations except for Scarlet and Yukimura, so there's a lot to choose from. The units I'm planning on using right now are Corrin, Jakob, Azura, Felicia, Flora, Reina, Effie, Selena, Laslow, and maybe Odin (I say maybe because I remember him having some join issues in Revelations). So this leaves 6 or 7 open spots, as once you get going the maps allow for about 16 units on them or something like that. So to record things:

Units already selected by Nah: Corrin, Azura (Sky Knight), Jakob, Felicia (Dark Flier), Flora (Dread Fighter), Reina (Dread Fighter), Effie (General), Selena, Laslow

Maybe: Odin

Units selected by others (6-7 spots currently available!):

You can pick from literally anyone not currently on the list, for whatever reasons you want--part of the fun in this will be in using new/different stuff. Feel free to suggest reclass ideas for units or pairings as well, can be for units you're suggesting or for ones someone else did.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Hey so I'm gonna join this since I just noticed it (I have no idea how I overlooked it in the first place)

Best girl/guy: Ike
    Nohr/Hoshido: Nohr
    How long have you been playing FE? I got into it last year when a friend gifted me a copy of Shadows of Valentia, and since then I've played almost every game in the series...so a little over a year?
    What was your first game? Shadows of Valentia, which is also one of my favorites.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
    • Age 19
    • We/Them
    • Texas
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Hey so I'm gonna join this since I just noticed it (I have no idea how I overlooked it in the first place)

Best girl/guy: Ike
    Nohr/Hoshido: Nohr
    How long have you been playing FE? I got into it last year when a friend gifted me a copy of Shadows of Valentia, and since then I've played almost every game in the series...so a little over a year?
    What was your first game? Shadows of Valentia, which is also one of my favorites.

Oof sorry I didn't notice you :( Anyway welcome to the club :)
    And shout out to anyone who still bothers to look at this thread, we are.doing an event as soon as I stop having technical problems.

Last edited:

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
    Years
  • Best girl/guy: Four-way tie between Ophelia, Felix, Idunn, and Anna.
    Nohr/Hoshido: It's hard to say. I love Nohr's characters, so I'll say Nohr, even though I play Hoshido more often.
    How long have you been playing FE? Can't remember, but it was after Three Houses was announced. I think it was late 2018 or early 2019.
    What was your first game? Fates. I mean, I've only played that and 3H but Fates was my first game.

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
    Years
  • Okay, it's been a few months. I've been playing a lot of FE. Here's my journey.
    I played Birthright again, with a Hayato! DF! Shigure with Galeforce. That Shigure is probably the strongest unit in that file.
    Got Awakening. I haven't finished it but its amazing.
    Got the DLCs for Fates: Before Awakening, Hidden Truths 1+2, Anna's chapter, and Witch's Trial. I'm playing Revalations and Conquest with them, giving birth to overpowered units like Witches Rhajat and Ophelia, Lodestar Xander, Grandmasters Leo and Leo again, and Great Lord Soleil.

In other news, have a survey. If you were to play a childless run of Revalations with access to every DLC class, which units would be in which class?

Back