• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The flu

Years
    Hello everynyan, I hope you're all well. I made this topic because I'm actually not. I somehow caught the regular flu, just plain flu and not COVID before I'm able to get my shot.

Since the flu is constant, and has been around much longer, I got a bit curious.
    How prone are you to getting sick?
    Do you get the yearly vaccine?
    Do you recover easily?

pkmin3033

I'm in a constant state of sickness, so it's difficult for me to say with any certainty just how prone I am to getting...well, sicker. I don't have much contact with people, but as my recent stomach bug (which I am still recovering from after having one of the worst weekends of the year) has demonstrated, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I haven't been getting the flu vaccine before now, and the year that I decide that this really needs to change, my company doesn't provide vouchers, leaving me to try and find somewhere that does and claim back the cost...in the middle of a shortage of vaccines. So whether or not I will actually get it this year is open for debate. tbh I've been kinda afraid of getting it since one year my mother got it done and actually came down with the flu for a week.

I do not recover easily, it takes me about a week or constant struggling.

Years
    I almost never get sick (once a year maybe if at all) and when I do it's usually foodborne illness. I tend to recover in a few days. I always get my flu shot every year around September and have never had the flu thankfully.

Years
    • Online now
    I've never gotten the flu, but I took the shot this year.

I wish you a safe recovery.

Years
    Haven't had a flu shot since I was 12 but I only get sick maybe once every few years? Most recent one was in early September just a few days after my bday. I think it was due to the heavy amounts of ice cream I ate and being exposed to the hot tropics immediately after I dunno lol.

Years
    i rarely ever get sick, but that's because i'm not around very many people to begin with for that to happen. usually when i get sick, it gets really bad for about a few days to a week, but then i feel better again. but i honestly don't remember the last time i got sick... maybe really early this year?

but yeah i take getting sick very seriously so i do try to get shots whenever i can. last flu shot i got was in november of last year... it's been far too long, but it's kept me afloat to this day, thank goodness.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Its rare for me to get sick and some of my family got sick for a couple of days after having received there flu shot I wish you well.

sadly I tend to get sick quite easily. a couple of years ago in winter I got so sick I lost most of my voice... and yet my supervisor still made me stay at the front counter and talk to students. never will I forget that day. >_> but it was a bit different back then since I spent 2ish hours each way on public transport commuting to work (and like 40m of that time on the crowded nyc subway, so it was easier to get sick), and was likely very vitamin D deficient (esp since it was winter). nowadays I'm mostly self-employed and make sure to take my supplements daily, so my chances of getting sick should be lower. got my flu shot recently too!

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh perfect
    I just got over the flu this week. I tend to get it quite easily and usually in Autumn, spring and summer. My asthma doesn't help, as I constantly get or catch other people's sicknesses while travelling. It takes about a week or so to get over it, depending on how much I do or rest I have.

I usually go and get a vaccination/injection during winter, but I think I missed it this period.

Years
    Honestly for me, the last one I had was when I was 17, but since graduating high school I haven't.
    Likely because schools are intimate and germ factories.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I usually get a head cold that lasts for a week. I always get the shot every year because I'm more of a high risk because of my health.

Back