• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part:1

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Can't wait! Mockingjay was easily my least favorite book of the trilogy (and that's not to say it was bad or anything, I just enjoyed the first two way more), but still, this looks awesome and I am so excited to see more of the Hunger Games on the big screen.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Can't wait! Mockingjay was easily my least favorite book of the trilogy (and that's not to say it was bad or anything, I just enjoyed the first two way more), but still, this looks awesome and I am so excited to see more of the Hunger Games on the big screen.
    The 3rd book just felt completely rushed and things happened way too fast, hopefully with it being over 2 films I trust Francis Lawrence to make it feel less rushed.

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • The 3rd book just felt completely rushed and things happened way too fast, hopefully with it being over 2 films I trust Francis Lawrence to make it feel less rushed.

Spoiler:

Seriously though. Everything about this post (including the spoiler part) is spot on. I just hope for the love of god that Part 1 isn't anything like Part 1 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. What a snooze fest that was...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I seriously can't wait for this, I've been waiting for this movie ever since the end of Catching Fire. I am soo hyped up to see this!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm a little disappointed that they decided to cut the film in two, since it didn't really work out too well for Harry Potter as the first part was really boring (though I'm sure it worked out great for the creators, probably gained them a ton of money). I didn't really think Mockingjay felt too rushed, but I'm excited to see it and put a visual on all the stuff I read.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I'm a little disappointed that they decided to cut the film in two, since it didn't really work out too well for Harry Potter as the first part was really boring (though I'm sure it worked out great for the creators, probably gained them a ton of money). I didn't really think Mockingjay felt too rushed, but I'm excited to see it and put a visual on all the stuff I read.
    If you think Mockingjay being 2 parts is disappointing then wait until Allegiant Pt1 and Pt2 :lol:

I agree with Harry Potter the 1st part was so boring and had basically no action at all a yawn fest. But the 2nd part was amazing because all the boring parts were out of the way and it could just be action all the way through, I know the ending sucked and the massive build up for a flick of a wand in the final battle but I blame JK Rowling for that nothing you can do if the book ending is terrible.

Years
  • So far, I haven't been a fan of the "split-one-book-into-two-movies" trend, but I hope Mockingjay is different. If they nail the tone and thematics of the book, you could be looking at one of the best movies of this year. I really should actually read the book first before I see it, haha. But I'll be there opening night!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Same I will be there at midnight on 19th November/20th November to see it :D
    Never done a midnight screening so looking forward to it

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I actually didn't have a problem with Harry Potter being split into two. The first part was not as good as the 2nd part but hey, it's the freakin' finale, nothing in any of the movies can top that imo. The only thing that I hate about 2 part movies is that... I gotta wait for the freakin' conclusion, LOL. That's my only pet peeves about it, besides that, go ahead.

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
  • The 3rd book just felt completely rushed and things happened way too fast, hopefully with it being over 2 films I trust Francis Lawrence to make it feel less rushed.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Honestly I cant wait I have read the books over and over and just re watched catching fire I have my money to buy the tickets TIME MOVE FASTER

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Got my Mockingjay tickets under 3 weeks to go so hyped for this, 20th November 00:05 AM hurry up already

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I've read the first two books and seen the first two movies, and I'm holding off reading the third book until I see both of the Mockingjay films.

Anyway, the series is great, both the books and the movies. Very well done, and I especially like how immersive the movies actually are.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • People in this thread have mentioned that Mockingjay was in fact rushed, but also that two movies is a bad idea... except that two movies is exactly what will help remedy the fact the book was in fact incredibly rushed. Condensing all of the events of the book into one movie would've felt even stringent than the novel given all the things that would have to be cut and the detail that would be lessened. We already lose Katniss' personal narration in the transition from novel to movie so anything to help give the story a more wholesome feeling is welcome.

I'm excited to see how things transpire in the movies because there's a lot that happens that can't be cut for the film to make sense because then it, like I said, won't feel nearly as whole. In the end I'm really excited because it looks like one of the best movies that'll be released this year.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Watched this last night at midnight thought it was a excellent adaptation, whilst the pacing was really really slow it had everything that was required to setup Part 2, without the setup it would of been terrible and Part 2 will have a massive pay off due to this.

No way would this of worked as 1 film there is simply too much to setup it would of been a mess

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Just saw this today and... I understand why they seperated this into a two aprt movie but I gotta say.. part 1 is was just a big setup for part 2 and because of that, it's my least favorite of the whole bunch by a mile. Too much dialogue and storyline being put up and only like 2-3 action scenes compared to the first two movies. Hopefully the part 2 will be a masterpiece.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I haven't watched it yet, but I'm a MASSIVE fan of HG and with what Catching Fire put on show, I'm expecting Mockingjay to be even better. However, I've heard from a lot of people that it's pretty anti-climatic.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I haven't watched it yet, but I'm a MASSIVE fan of HG and with what Catching Fire put on show, I'm expecting Mockingjay to be even better. However, I've heard from a lot of people that it's pretty anti-climatic.
    From what I have gathered fans of the books are loving Mockingjay because its a faithful adaptation even what was added is done well, whilst movie fans who have not read the books point out the lack of action and don't enjoy it as much.

I can enjoy a movie like Mockingjay that dosen't have much action because the political warfare aspects this has is gripping, probably helps im a big fan of chess so can relate its like each taking turns against each other wanting that critical shot to defeat the other

Not often you can say a film is actually better than the book this is one of those rare times

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • At first, I didn't feel that the book should have been split to make two movies from it. This series doesn't have super long books like Harry Potter and splitting the final book seems like a way to milk the franchise and make it last longer. With that being said, I really enjoyed Mockingjay pt. 1 even though it was all set up. I don't mind all the dialog and story. It's what I really enjoy. I have a hard time dealing with suspense, so at the end, I was okay with no major deaths happening or anything, but at the same time, I just means I need to REALLY be prepared for part 2. Truth be told, I planned to watch Catching Fire the night before Mockingjay 1 came out and I got about 40 minutes in and stopped. I couldn't watch them beat up Lenny Kravitz again, lmao. I love Catching Fire, but my fragile little heart can only take that movie one time.

While Mockingjay 1 is going to fall flat as far as all four movies go, it did its job and it did it well and for that, I think it did great. The director knows what he's doing I believe and in the end, I realized splitting it was the right move. I understand people want a little more action and such out of it, but I'm fine with set up and exposition.

My favorite scene was seeing District 5 marching to the dams en masse singing Katniss' song from the prop video. I think that's a powerful scene and it leaves a great impression on me.

Last edited:
    Back