• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Boring Region

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I remember absolutely nothing about Kalos as a region, even though I loved the gameplay of gen 6. That's kind of telling. Kalos was just a forgettable mess.

Kanto at least had long winding routes and terrain puzzles going for it, which was cool at the time and with the limited resources available when they designed the place. Besides, the very fact that the routes are plain has been used by me in several text-RPs where I have implemented new kinds of terrains and connections to flavor things because nothing iconic had to be taken away.

Years
  • sinnoh, which kinda hurts because i genuinely like the sinnoh games, but the region doesn't do them much justice.

i think coming from hoenn where there's lots of variety in towns and cities (i mean, have you seen pacifidlog? that's the perfect example of what i'm talking about), sinnoh hasn't really had the same... variety in that respect, for a lack of a better way to put it. i'm going to look biased here and i don't really care, but floaroma town is probably the one area that sticks out a lot to me, with snowpoint taking second place. every other town or city feels rather same-y, and it doesn't help that the lack of surfable routes shrank significantly from hoenn. say what you will about hoenn's excessive water routes, and yeah they could've trimmed a bit, but diving was fun and it was nice that they had actual islands and even a whole-ass underwater city (technically sootopolis, i guess). sinnoh doesn't have any of that.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • As far as content goes that's Kanto for me. I know it's the original but because of that it lacks a lot of the unique features the others have, most of the towns feel generic and the most interesting thing I can think of is Mewtwo. I do love FRLG, but I wish that when they remastered Kanto they added more to make Kanto feel at least a little unique.

If we want to count side games too, I can't really remember much about Orre but I haven't played those games in awhile.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    Hoenn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

extremely based tbh
    i guess i could sinnoh tho but its been so long since i played the games... ane being honest i dont think i want to bring myself to play them again lol

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • extremely based tbh
    i guess i could sinnoh tho but its been so long since i played the games... ane being honest i dont think i want to bring myself to play them again lol

I agree, Sinnoh was just overall lackluster to me.

By the way, have you got comfortable with posting more often?

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    I agree, Sinnoh was just overall lackluster to me.
    i think its was because i felt the games were just slow for me, probably because of the hp bar lol, even though, i still think it had some cool things, some amazing pokemons, for example.

By the way, have you got comfortable with posting more often?
    yeah, i been posting more, just that i got worked up with school ending last few weeks, so i was inactive, but now that i got over it, i will probably be more active here.
    also i took a lot of my time to watch the world cup just to experience my country have like the worst loss this whole cup, but hey, thats life lol

blondsie.

blond
    Years
  • While I think the game (Violet) is great, I find Paldea boring and usual, not a fan of the aesthetics either

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Kanto lacks variety, Hoenn is 60% water, and Sinnoh sucks to traverse. However, It doesn't matter how your region looks if there is nothing to do in it. Galar is a path. You never leave this path, or explore it farther. There is nothing to do. I love swsh, but replaying it is boring. No challenge, no side content worth playing, and the characters never shut up. Also the post game is complete trash.

Years
  • Johto. It isn't the worst region when it comes to map layout or pokemon variety, but it is by far the worst game when it comes to level scaling. You aren't going to find a single wild pokemon near your level after the fifth gym, and the experience points that you end up getting are not enough to keep a team of six at a reasonable level. This makes Clair and the elite four actual agony to fight against because their are not other trainers within 10 levels of them when you get access to their battles, and your best options for gaining levels are either grinding against wild pokemon for hours or grinding against their weaker pokemon for hours.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hoen, i hate surfing too much water, i know some people will chose kanto but i don't know why there's some beauty in that simplicity of region for me

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I'd also have to say Hoenn, I tried to watch 2 different people play the classic R/S on YT and quit like, 4 eps in. Way too boring.
    That being said though, I liked OR/AS much more as games then I did X/Y.

Over a year later edit to this, and having now played through Gen 7, I totally agree with the post directly under mine. Alola was absolute trash and very boring lol.

Last edited:
    Days
  • Alola felt like there was absolutely no freedom to explore without annoying characters force guiding you every step of the way. Hau wasnt a rival at all and picks the pokemon you have an advantage against. Plus, the never-ending cutscenes were just too many and too long and too unskipable

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • BW1 Unova is the most boring in my opinion, but it was pretty much fixed by all the new areas in BW2. If I'm picking a single boring region across all that region's games, I'd go with Kanto since very few of the wilderness routes are interesting even if the region has a very non-linear map.

Back