• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the place you live

Years
  • let's spread some more positivity! i keep seeing people talk about how they don't like where they live and want to move out, but surely there are some positives to living where we do and others who enjoy the place they currently call home. what's one (or several!) good thing(s) about the city/state/country you live?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • If I had a positive-- I would say there are plenty.

I like that it's located in the countryside, but it's not too far out of the towns. Also the fact that the shop is about 5- ten minutes away and the walks are very enjoyable majority of the time.
    It's got nearby farms as well, with fields of cows, sheep and sometimes even horses. They're all very friendly too.

Plus, that there's always huge pockets of gardening lovers nearby, who tend to their own garden and there's always new sets of flowers everyday. It's refreshing.

Zero Seven

ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Years
  • Positives about where I live: Mediterranean climate; beaches minutes away from me (I can actually smell the salty ocean air sometimes from my house). Many entertaining things to do from theme parks, going to Hollywood, Santa Monica, clubbing. During winter I go up to Big Bear to enjoy snowboarding, and that's just a couple hours away. Aside from that, there's the Angeles National Forest which has beautiful scenic drives, trails to hike, waterfalls -- and that's an hour away from me.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    For the city I live in, I appreciate how safe it is compared to a lot of other places in the world. Growing up, I have never felt unease or felt like I was unsafe. I love how multicultural the city is (or at least the area I live) - we celebrate all different culture's festivals, lots of different cuisines and the amount of choice is incredible. The weather is just how I'd like it - Australian summer is a bit of a nightmare but overall year round, we have it quite good. The nature in Australia is incredible - so many great places to hike, the beaches are A+ and I generally just feel like there's always something to do outdoors wise. We also have a great healthcare system relative to other nations so I'm very grateful as I do end up visiting the doctor a lot :p

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    A peaceful town with a feeling of community, surprising amount of cultural activities like concerts and theater shows for a town its size. Location is incredibly convenient, each of the larger cities, including the capital, where you might want to go for some more niche activities are located 30 - 50 minutes drive away. It takes me some 20 minutes of walking to the edge of the town and my birding spots.
    And there's just something about the mix of ornamented austro-hungarian buildings and the blocky yugoslav ones... should be ugly by all definitions, but I find it oddly charming.

Years
  • The location of my neighborhood was totally out in the open ten years ago, now it's completely surrounded by other neighborhoods and a busy public road behind my house.

I do like that we are very close to everything we could possibly need, such as food places and shopping centers, and other establishments in between. I like that the houses aren't too close to each other, and there's plenty of space around the yard to work with. As for my general city, it's a small town surrounded by many other towns, with a much larger city about an hour away.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I really love where I live. After shedding my teenage angst it became clear that I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! The fields and forests, the nature, it's good for the soul imo. I really enjoy living in a place in NJ that isn't just an actual trash can all the time.

Years
  • I live in a city that's big enough to have what I need, but not so big it's easy to get lost.
    The people here are pretty cool -- apparently the university's known for having a welcoming atmosphere.
    Local university is super pretty.
    Despite living in a university town with an army base not too far away, cost of living is manageable as long as I have a roommate/boyfriend to help with bills.
    I live in the part of Kansas that isn't completely flat. There's hills and prairie around here!!
    Kansas City is only like 2 hours away. It's a big city with plenty to do if I ever felt like going. Or more importantly: music/entertainment tours with a lot of stops will probably end up in KC. So if there's something I'm dying to see, it's a day trip. Though so far I've just seen Game Grumps, whoops.

Years
  • I really like where I live! I'm in a small countryside town so there's plenty of walks, rivers, forests and just all around great scenery. I'm quite an adventerous person so there's loads of places for me to explore with my dog so that's nice! We have a few great pubs and restaurants but few 'lively' activities to do, which is the only downside, but thankfully the nearest city is only a 20 minute drive!

Years
  • I live in a school that my dad is taking care of. There are fields and forest on one side and a city on the other side. I love it here.

Years
  • My country is one of the most peaceful in the world. There isn't much worry.
    Where I live specifically, it's most well known for being well forested and having a lot of parks. We're on the Atlantic so the harbor is a good attraction and watching the tall ships is relaxing.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • We do actually like the state we live in. The fauna here in particular is appealing as is the environments, wetland areas and swamps can be fun to explore and we have many interesting sea birds and mammals, catching lizards is also fun. Going to the beach and walking around the boardwalk can also be fun, especially when you take a bus and don't need to worry about parking. Given the option though, I'd like to move south because I'm curious about the wildlife preservation groups and would like to volunteer for them some day.

Back