• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Fire/Normal, eh? I could see that. I never really saw a point to pairing Normal-type with any other type except Flying (just because that's how it's always been) because it doesn't really do anything except add a weakness to Fighting and resistance to Ghost, along with a STAB that you can't even do super-effective damage with. Just my opinion though.

Years
  • Age 22
  • she/her
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Yeah I think Charizard should be fire/dragon as well. Doesn't dragon imply wings? You don't see wingless dragons, those are dinosaurs or something. Plus it has the perfect design of one. The ears, eyes, colour scheme, body parts, everything. It'd be silly not to make it a fire/dragon. :/

Fire/normal is kinda unnecessary though. If Pyroar was made a normal/fire based on the fact that its a lion and has the ability to use fire, then what about all the other creatures? Torkoal is based off another real life animal so shouldn't it be fire/normal as well? However I kinda agree with Typloshion. Definitely a "I'm deadly but normal" at the same time sort of creature.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
What are some Fire-type Pokémon that you think should have a type added or changed?
idk why but I just can't imagine fire/normal tbh.
why is the litleo line fire/normal?
how about a fire/fairy? :p it would be interesting to see a fire/fairy...aand we need more cute fire pokemon :p

Years
What are some Fire-type Pokémon that you think should have a type added or changed?

I would have made Victini a Fire/Fairy-type, it has those little wings on it and it's shown flying in the anime. Plus it also has the cute image that evokes most Fairy-types.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Name: Windy
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Torchic, Victini
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Fire types are essentially strong in general, especially because they are fired up in the battle.

Victini must deserve the change into Fire/Fairy type, because like Hikari said, its little wings indicates that it's fairy-like, not to mention that it's very cute, so it fits better for me.

Fire/Ghost make it happen Nintendo. Everyone wants it, so make it happen.

You should meet Litwick lines (with Chandelure on top), Fernbutter :). Unless Ghost-Fire type doesn't count :p

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • she/her
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Welcome to the club, Windy!

That's what I was thinking along the lines of. Unless I've missed something huge, isn't the Litwick family fire/ghost? Unless you mean that you want more fire/ghosts. If so, then I wouldn't mind either! Spooky things go well together, don't they? There could be grim reapers on fire, transparent pyromaniac teddy bears, all sorts of creations could come from this typing. Even if they sound really silly. XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 4, 2016

People don't generally think of Heatmor too often, which is sad cuz it's actually pretty cool...er, hot? ... Anyway, when I look at a Heatmor I think it should be Fire and Ground, but it's just fire type.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 4, 2016
Flareon learns Flare Blitz now, which isn't much, but it is something. Especially with that 130 base attack stat. Also he can learn Iron Tail and Superpower, though those have to be taught to an Eevee in B/W I believe.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
I suppose that Fire/Dragon is always the biggest controversy. And among the topic Charizard becoming Fire/Dragon will be the best one.

I also agree with people who say that Fire/Normal isn't quite appreciable. I mean, I'd prefer a Fire only type rather than Fire/Normal. Normal Is nothing but a Handicap at times.

I'd also like to see some Fire/Psychic Pokemon. Won't you agree?

Wicked3DS

Years
Wow, the topic discussion went in many different directions o.O

Anyway, I actually think they could make Ninetales a Psychic-type as well as Fire just because of the nature of it. It kind of has that mysterious aura to it and they made it kinda creepy in the anime (which may lead to a Ghost-type, but I think Psychic fits better). Thoughts?

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I can see ninetales being fire/psychic. But I think I have to go more with fire/ghost because there was that one episode (either in the Kanto or Johto series.. I don't remember which :s ) and the ninetales was really a ghost.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
To me, it would make a lot of sense if Ninetales' typing was changed to fire/psychic. Every time I see it, I always get reminded of psychic Pokémon... so yeah. It's also got a lot of psychic-type attacks in its movepool already, which is a plus.

Last edited:

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
I think ninetails should be fire/psychic. It looks like a psychic pokemon as well. It being part ghost and fire could be good typing for it, also. I like it psychc better though.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
But it still looks pretty Psychic to me......... Due to it's abilities to learn Psychic moves which should be instated in the games........... That give a nice reputation boost and also a great boost to stats............

Shall we have a new topic here?
Which Fire Type has or will have the best Mega Evolution in the games?
Of course the previous topic remains open

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In my opinion, it's Charizard. Of its two mega-forms though, my personal favorite would probably have to be Charizard Y. It looks pretty fierce design-wise, and it isn't that bad either in terms of battling. If you use it right, it could take down plenty of your opponents for you.

Wicked3DS

Years

If you couldn't tell by my signature...

Okay, yes, it is Mega Charizard X, but I must say I also like Mega Blaziken too. I used it in X and it was really awesome.

Also I updated the first post with even more userbars thanks to Rapidfir3Pho3nix.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I think ninetails should be fire/psychic and i think Magmortar should be a fighting/fire... it looks like a fighting type to me.

charizard definitely has one of the best mega evolution but i would like to see a mega Volcarona tbh

Back