• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Relationship Thread

dad

big poppa
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    currently talking to someone :) we're basically together but i don't want to give him a title yet just incase things go south. he's an athlete and he's super busy despite it being his off-season.. i really want to make it work but it feels like we're long distance even though we're on the same campus

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Super single.

Alternatively, in a relationship with these fat stacks of cash that leave my wallet nearly as fast as they enter it.

Be prepared for the utter depression when you realize once your in a relationship that leaves your wallet even emptier than it is now ):

what do you do if your partner can't handle your emotions

Elaborate por favor

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Well, I told her I was feeling depressed and useless and worthless and unwanyed a lot lately. Not sad but the mentally ill ones I had last year when I had rock bottom and she told me na she doesn't want because she doesn't know what to do. Like she hates my feelings and I am not supposed to feel this way.

Omw to a psychiatrist today because if I cant even open up to her abt this, then who else.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I told her I was feeling depressed and useless and worthless and unwanyed a lot lately. Not sad but the mentally ill ones I had last year when I had rock bottom and she told me na she doesn't want because she doesn't know what to do. Like she hates my feelings and I am not supposed to feel this way.

Omw to a psychiatrist today because if I cant even open up to her abt this, then who else.

Well, that's one way to discourage someone from ever opening up in the future :\

Some people are not equipped to handle other peoples' emotions, but at least be a listening ear. She may not be able to help, but always knowing that you have her support would have been great, in my opinion.

In terms of what you should do about it, I think you going to a psychiatrist would be reasonable. Like you said, at least you have the ability to open up to someone who is trained to not be judgmental.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well since Porygon Z keeps rejecting me, I'm gonna try my luck with that new UB.

Years
  • My last relationship ended a little over 6 months ago. We're on very good terms, but I'm not entirely over her, so it often hurts to talk to her and see that she has completely moved on. I've been trying to meet new people to distract myself, but it'll be a while before I actually want to date again.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • My most recent relationship lasted all of 6 months, which isn't actually as bad as some of the other previous relationships i've had.

We're still on speaking terms and it ended amicably enough, things just kinda.. fizzled out between us.

Also, i'm seeing her again tomorrow :)

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I'm currently in a relationship. We've been together for 4 months, soon to be 5 months in less than week. I met him back in April, and a month after meeting him and after talking to each other a bit, we started to develop feelings for each other and we got together one night. I've been the happiest I've ever been by being with him and I hope that he is happy to be with me. He's been everything that I've ever wanted. Sweet, loving, caring, funny, and we have a lot of things in common with each other. There's not enough words to say how much I love and care about him, and I would never trade him away for something or someone else.

As for tips that I have, I really can't think of any other than to really get to know a person before you go out with them. I made the mistake of not doing that twice, and things did not end well.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I'm currently in a relationship, a long distance relationship which started at the end of June/beginning of July, I remember I was still doing my finals to get my diploma and she helped me a lot in getting through them. It's someone I met right here on this forum, I didn't really imagine that something like this could happen when I signed up here.
    Anyway, it has its cons obviously: I'm not close to her so the only thing I can do for now is text her or call her, but it requires lots of maturity and loyalty from both parts and that's not a problem because these two things are present.
    I'm feeling authentic love from this person like I've never felt before, and that's the reason why I can't express how much I care about her, how much I love her, how much I enjoy chatting with her and spending time with her and how much I want to make her life better.

I feel like this bond is so strong that as I'm typing this, I can feel the tears running down my cheeks, but that's just me being very easily impressionable emotionally.
    Now that I've got a job, my main goal is to get to meet her in real life to spend some time (maybe a week) close to her as soon as possible.

Oh and if you're reading this, just know that I love you very much. You know who you are. ♥

One last thing: don't ever be afraid to follow your feelings even if it's a long distance relationship and for those who still didn't find their partner just be patient and it will arrive eventually, maybe you didn't meet the right person yet. :)

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • My partner and I are doing really great. I'm moving in with her at the end of this month. I'm pretty nervous about it since I haven't lived with anyone in over 5 years (I've been by myself with my cat in an apartment downtown) and my last time living with a girlfriend 8 years ago ended in complete disaster.

I guess I'm also trepidatious because her mom lives with her on mental health disability. Her mom's cool with me, but it just feels like I'm moving into someone else's home rather than creating a new home together. We're planning to do that soon once I get a job in another state that we're trying to move to. So, this is kind of an interim period to save money for the move and get used to each other.

I just have a lot of anxiety right now, which I normally don't have a problem with.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • it's been about.. 4 months since my last post. might as well elaborate i guess. i'm still talking to the same guy ^-^ he's incredibly understanding and supportive and just amazing. we're not in a relationship because labels scare me but we might as well be in a relationship at this point tbh. a lot of people think we're very cute together no matter what our label is so that's good.

i've been talking to him since may and we're both very supportive of each other. he might come visit me in the summer, but the keyword is might. it could happen, it could not. i hope it does. i'll be incredibly nervous if it does happen but also very happy. anyways uh. yeah.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Ayt here goes a wall of text.

Last month, I have been diagnosed with clinical depression (this isn't abt relationship, but it is relevant.) I have been taking medicine since then, but I admit that it is very hard. I've had attempts already for the past month, and it's getting worse and worse.

Now, remember the girl I was involved with during the past few months? Well, I told her this and I told her that as much as possible, she's the only one I really can count on for support since all my close friends have moved away and I'm 5-6 hours away from home. She was also scheduled to resign and transfer to a new work. Since there wasn't a label between the two of us, I told her that I need that label already. As a safeguard per se. An assurance that she will stick around no matter what and provide whatever emotional help I need. If I don't have that label, there's nothing stopping her from cutting off all communications from me once she transfers (new job is 2-3 hours away from me and it was very clear that she wasn't going to spend that time to go to me because of the traffic, the work hours, etc as if I will not be experiencing that everytime she wants me to go there. She also explicitly told me that she will get mad if she wants me there and I cannot go.) I needed that label, that we can tell the world that we are in a relationship and we are not just simply dating.

She told me she can't promise that. She can't even promise the emotional support once she leaves the company since she's far away and she's got stuff to do for her own life.

I decided to cut whatever relationship we had there and then since I don't want that toxic expectations staying in my life and it's the last thing I needed for me to heal. She told me she understands and is happy for me that I chose myself for the very first time.

It's been a week now. I'm trying to heal but I'm very very broken atm.

So, I made these relationship thread before since I'm very excited to share with you my happiness with her. Now, it's just sad.

Years
  • I decided to cut whatever relationship we had there and then since I don't want that toxic expectations staying in my life and it's the last thing I needed for me to heal. She told me she understands and is happy for me that I chose myself for the very first time.

You should be proud of yourself, because this takes a lot of strength and is not an easy decision to make. You were able to prevent yourself from a lot of future suffering. Relationships take effort on both sides, even if that means going above and beyond just to be in each other's presence, and it's clear she is is too busy to give you as much as you deserve. If you won't be proud of yourself then I will; as a mentally weak person, cutting off a potential relationship like this would be really hard for me. you will be okay & I'm rooting for you <3

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
  • I agree with Sheep, you should be proud of yourself, jombii. What you did is something I was unable to do a few years ago when I needed to and knew it, so I know how hard it can be and you've done something it takes a lot of strength to do. Getting over this will be hard and healing will take a lot of time, but it sounds like you've got the strength to do it. Hang in there.

As for myself, I've had feelings for someone for over a year now. She's my best friend. We talk all the time and are completely supportive of one another. It's everything the relationships I've had in the past weren't in that it's actually healthy and good. She knows how I feel and has expressed that she might be open to being romantically involved, except that we currently live a few states apart and she's not interested in the long-distance thing, which I totally understand. So for now I'm just seeing how things go as we try to sort our lives out, to see if maybe some day it'll be more feasible. Our friends are rooting for it to work out, but who knows? For now I'm glad at least to have such a great friend who genuinely cares about me in spite of how hard I can be to understand or get on with.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • hello i'd like to say that i'm in a relationship now. i'm dating the guy i've been talking to since may. me and him are very happy. we started dating today, but.. i had to work up the nerve to do it. it took a lot of courage but, i did it. i really hope i can see him in the summer and then we can like.. be even happier together? i dunno i word things weird sorry.

but he's incredibly supportive and understanding and he's just amazing. i like him a lot and i'm so glad he's in my life.

Back