• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sun or The Moon?

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • I want to say Moon, but my friend want Moon to so I might be ending up taking Sun haha, looks like I always have the red game.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I'll probably get both, and whichever one I have better Pokemon on by the post-game will be my main and the other will be storage.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'll be getting both, but right now I'm leaning more towards making Moon my main because of the lovely colors in the logo, plus I like the aesthetic of the moon overall more than the sun. That could change though, based on the version exclusives.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    so far i'm leaning towards sun, purely because i like the sun more than the moon and i think it suits me more, lol. honestly, i'll probably end up getting both at some point and i can't really make a decision until i see version exclusives but based of gut instinct, sun looks like the choice for me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • 1. I always get the "first" one in the series (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black, X) so by default, I don't want to break this 20 year* pattern.

2. Cherrim is associated with sunlight so honestly how could I not pick the Sun one??

(* I guess it's more like 18 years here lol)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Lately I picked both Y and Omega Ruby, before that I picked White 2 and White. Didn't really played gen 4, I used HeartGold most often, in gen 3 I had Sapphire ad I played mostly LeafGreen.

Didn't really played gen 2 originally I think I played crystal. I don't remember gen 1 since it's so far away.

I will prob go with Moon this time.

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I'm more of a night owl too, so for me its gotta be Moon, but will wait and see on version exclusives and other in-game stuff until I make my choice for good

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I'll most likely be getting both ^ ^
    I think sun may be the one I play first though, but that may change.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Judging by my past:

Blue
    Silver
    Sapphire
    Diamond
    White
    White 2
    X
    Alpha Sapphire

There is clearly a trend with what I choose.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Id have to get both and which one id play first would be based upon the version exclusives but i think i would probably play moon first im more of a moon person than a sun person.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • I'm probably going for the Sun, due to my affinity to a Sunrise as compared to a sunset. It's a pretty silly reason, it's just what came to my mind first.

However, another deciding factor is the Mascot Legendary and the exclusives within the game. So while at first glance I may be saying Sun, it's possible I'll be going Moon.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'll be picking Sun. Because it's red. Whilst I am more of a night person and prefer night time, I think Sun will generally be more fitting of me. Besides, my fiance and I are getting it together, and he is set on Moon. Moon is really his theme more than mine.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Moon, mainly because it seems like it would have more Dark, Ghost and Psychic-type exclusives by name alone. Maybe even Fairy.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • hOEpLqB.png

Gee. I wonder which I'm picking. ;)​

Reactions: Zet
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm definitely getting Moon. Reminds me of Digimon World Dawn in design and that's what I had XD

Besides that I almost always get the "Blue" game. Only exception was Pokemon Black cause no blue in the artwork and Pokemon Pearl (was pinkish so it's a tint of red while Diamond was light powery blue) cause my brother had to have Dialga.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I'd definitely get moon!! I'm generally a big fan of night-time by far. Plus, the logo is absolutely beautiful. I usually stick to the "cool" theme (as in terms of color, that is), and get the warmer theme second.

Zet

Years
  • Well since the Sun is larger than the Moon, surely it will have more content :P I'll definitely be getting both versions, but I'll probably start off with Sun(praise the sun!).

Back