• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Weather Thread

Years
  • We're apparently in the rainy season here in NE Kansas. It rained yesterday, earlier today, and we're likely going to get hit with some part of this major thunderstorm to the west of us soon.

...wait crap we're in tornado warning brb

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • ^^^.... and they were never heard from again.

Right now it's rather cool outside but starting tomorrow it's just gonna skyrocket. Like 40 F to 80 F. 😐

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    We're apparently in the rainy season here in NE Kansas. It rained yesterday, earlier today, and we're likely going to get hit with some part of this major thunderstorm to the west of us soon.

...wait crap we're in tornado warning brb

Hope you guys are safe. Make sure you let us know that you're okay.

Years
  • super pretty sunset as it turned dark outside. pretty calm. I kinda wish I had more time to enjoy and appreciate the night sky more, tbh.

Years
  • Hope you guys are safe. Make sure you let us know that you're okay.

I joked in the Discord that I wasn't gonna post again 😂

Luckily we didn't get a tornado in town. Did get heavy rain and some brief hail though. It could've been a lot worse!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I joked in the Discord that I wasn't gonna post again 😂

Luckily we didn't get a tornado in town. Did get heavy rain and some brief hail though. It could've been a lot worse!

xDD I'm glad everything is okay. I'd be losing my mind while having the TV, laptop and phone on tracking the storm to see if I'm gonna die...lol.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Why are we joking around with life and death? Nothing funny about it but if you want to put your head between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye, who am I to stop you. Been relatively breezy but otherwise mild temperatures. Going to improve over the coming days too.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Nah, it was just a little 10 minute storm. Surrounding areas got a little bit of hail, apparently! We just got a downpour and some good lightning/thunder. It's already passed. :)

Though apparently we're going to keep getting some kind of stormy weather until late tonight so we'll see.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah yesterday they were kinda making it sound like we were gonna get a round of severe weather today and then it just rained for a bit in the morning and then again in the afternoon, which was a little....anticlimactic lol

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • Pretty warm outside which sucks. It doesn't help that the weather forecast says it's gonna be between 70 F - 80 F degrees for the whole week. -_-
    I miss winter..

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • 70-80 is honestly nothing. Now if it was 80 with 70-80% Humidity... then you might have a point. Read that we might be getting more rain Sunday. Its late freaking May and we're getting rain. What the Psyduck is up with the weather lol

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • 70-80 is honestly nothing. Now if it was 80 with 70-80% Humidity... then you might have a point.

I mean you are right, but I get overheated way too easily. Also I checked and it's gonna be about 60-70% humidity all week 🤔

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • 70-80 is honestly nothing. Now if it was 80 with 70-80% Humidity... then you might have a point. Read that we might be getting more rain Sunday. Its late freaking May and we're getting rain. What the Psyduck is up with the weather lol

I live in a place where it gets a lot hotter than that (in fact, it hits the 70s occasionally during the winter, so...), and I still find 70+ to often be too hot for me. The conditions actually have to be very specific for me not to find 70 degrees hot. Like it has to be overcast with a North wind. A lot of the time 70+ weather is sunny with stagnant air and that is just miserable weather to me.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Anyway, at this point I wish Spring would go away. This last week has been really scary. Tornadic thunderstorms are coming constantly and I am scared to death of tornadoes. We've had to take cover like 5 or 6 times throughout the last week, including in the middle of the night last night when we weren't even supposed to have severe storms.

Last night's tornado was an actual tornado that touched the ground and caused damage, and it was very much too close for comfort.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    too hot to go to disney today which is unfortunate but it was going to be super packed anyways due to the holidays :dansad:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • A heat wave dubbed "The Death Ridge" has struck the South and is supposed to be here until June. I don't mind it per say but it means I can't wear my plaid comfortably until late August at the earliest. >:(

Back