• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This or That, Pokemon Edition - Version 2.16!!!!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    A new one—I wouldn't mind a radio Rotom, but there are so many appliances it could be based off!

Have a choice of traditional starters from previous games, or begin by catching a unique starter from some kind of safari?

Years
    I wouldn't mind catching my own starter. Makes the main character more capable right from the start.

Psychic/Ice-Type Pokémon based on cold soda drink in a glass OR Electric/Fighting-Type Pokémon based on Thor's hammer?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    omgggggggg these both sound so amazing, ahaha!! But unfortunately for Thor's Hammer, I could totally use a cold soda drink in a glass right about now. xD
    #Priorities

A Legendary Pokémon based on a bag of potato chips, or a Legendary Pokémon based on a two-headed squirrel? :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I gotta go with the two-headed Squirrel lmao.

New Pokemon with a Mustache or a new Pokemon with a Beard

Hyzenthlay

Years
    LOL, well we've had a few moustaches, so let's go with the beard. xD

Become a voice actor for a lead character in the anime, or a Pokémon designer for Game Freak?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
    Pokemon designer!! I'm not good at anything involving the voice, and, design is my art form of choice, y'know? <3

Honedge or Shieldon? ;)

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Hehe, I see what you did there! For now, I'll go with Honedge... but as for the new games themselves, that remains to be seen. xD

(Also, welcome back, Em!! :D I haven't seen you around in a while, but it's great to have you here again!)

Legendary Pokémon or Mythical Pokémon?

Hyzenthlay

Years
    As much as I adore Suicune and other Legendaries, I have to go with Mythical Pokémon! Celebi is one of my favourite Pokémon of all, along with Zeraora. <3 I also really like Shaymin-sky and Keldeo!

If you were transported to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon universe, would you rather stay a human, or become a Pokémon? (Legendaries/Mythicals excluded!) Keep in mind that it miiight be dangerous as a human. ;P

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
    Stay a human! The danger doesn't really matter - I'm not gonna crawl dungeons or anything! I'm just gonna go to the nearest powerful organization (fingers crossed I get somewhere more workable than Wigglytuff's Guild or the Expedition Society), tell them I'm an alien, and accept the heavy and important responsibility of carrying out first contact between Earth and Pokeworld. (I could never be an adventure game protagonist.)

Would you rather be a Tauros or a Lapras? Both, of course, require you to serve as transportation.

Years
    Lapras, I prefer the sea, some lapras can even communicate telepathically like in the Christmas special.

Give you partner/ crush a box of exquisite chocolate truffles made from miltank's milk fresh off Moomoo farms Johto, or a beautiful handblown pokemon figurine from the glasswork shop in Hoenn?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    The figurine all the way! Although the chocolates certainly sound delicious, I doubt they last long. The figurine stays forever assuming nobody is clumsy enough to knock it over!

Become a Gym Leader or become a Pokémon Professor?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Pokemon Professor I feel would be more up my alley than a Gym Leader. I'm not very competitive hahah.

From the logo alone, Sword or Shield.

Hyzenthlay

Years
    The wolf head on the sword looks pretty awkward haha, like a long body with stubby arms. xD All the same, "sword" has more exciting connotations, so I'll go with that!

If someone is bad-mouthing a Pokémon you love (or a character!), does it upset you or are you kinda indifferent?

Hyzenthlay

Years
    Volcanion for me! Really cool typing. <3

Once you're on your second playthrough or more on a Pokémon game, do you keep your starter, or box them?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    I most likely keep it, but my first three runs will all have different starters for a reason.

You're about to lose against the Champion. Will you use a bunch of Potions and Revives in order to beat the game or do the Elite Four all over again in order to face him/her with a stronger team?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Sentret!! Furret is one of my absolute favorites and Shiny Furret is my favorite shiny of all time!! Shiny Sentret is also very very good.

Pokeball or Premier Ball

Years
    Premiere ball. I kinda like the almost all white color, its free, and it means you should have some useful supplies on hand since you get one if you buy 10+ items.

Early game or post game?

Last edited:
    Years
    Early game is more interesting for me, because for some reason I feel it has better atmosphere and I'm willing to explore more at the start of the game than in the post game.

Psychic/Ground-type Galaran Swalot OR Electric/Fire-type Galaran Swellow?

Back