• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Time sure does fly by.....

How many hours have you logged into X/Y?

• Less than 50 hours

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 50-100 hours

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • 100-200 hours

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • 200-300 hours

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • 300-400 hours

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • 400-500 hours

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • 500-600 hours

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • 600-700 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 700-800 hours

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 800-900 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 900+

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • TOO MANY ****ING HOURS, OK?

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So I just passed the 500 hour mark on my Y, which is nuts considering X/Y's lack of post game. I think I've spent most of that time breeding and at the Battle Maison lol. How long have y'all spent on X and Y? And why is it that the ones with the least post-game are the ones I spend the most time on?

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
    Years
  • I've spent over 1,000 hours playing that game. Never have I spent so much time playing a Pokemon game before, I'm surprised. But that's because I breed a lot and I like going to the Battle Maison too, as well as shiny hunting (when I had free time xD).

Years
  • Main copy of X: 252 hours
    First play of Y: I don't know, 23 hours or so?
    Y Poison Monotype: I think 28
    X Wedlocke (Pokémon Center restrictions, set mode, terminated at Victory Road): 49 hours
    X Ground Monotype: I don't know, must've been around 25
    Y Red Mono-Color: Around 28
    X Dark Monotype: Around 25
    X Wedlocke (no bag items in battle): 50 hours
    Y Normal Monotype: 21 hours
    X Blue Mono-Color: 26 hours

So I think at least 500 hours i've put into these games total between all my playthroughs of them. Could be off by a little bit, but that's what I recall. Man, that is quite a few plays i've done here.

Last edited:

DemoBoy

The guy with all those shinies
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    I was on about 40 hours and I left the game alone for a while but in the past week I've put in 15 hours lol.

Years
  • I finished the game at around 40 hours, I then spent the next 350 hours breeding shiny pokemon and battling. I was surprised by the amount of hours I spent on it, but then I realised it was pokemon and stopped wondering if I should do something else...

Years
  • I have 914:20. The only reason I don't have max is just because I have long breaks very often. Hours come from weeks of Masuda breeding Shinies.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    999:59 for me! Much, much more according to the 3DS counter, however a lot of those hours listed in the 3DS are from starting the game, hatching eggs, checking the IVs and then resetting so not everything the 3DS says is actually saved, in game time.

The main difference for me from everyone else? I haven't even gotten to the second gym yet! When I first discovered the GTS and Wonder Trade I spent months just doing that it seems. I never had the fourth or fifth gen games so I had a lot of stuff I missed out on doing. Well then when I got sick of random trades I started finding shinies (about 1 per 100 hours) so I was able to trade them for legendaries, and then Pokebank came out and I was able to trade the pokebank exclusives for other legendaries, and then I came upon route 7 with the Daycare breeding and berry gardens and I have been breeding perfect pokemon ever since and I quite honestly haven't even stepped into the cave on that route yet, I have just been breeding (in reverse order that they are normally caught by) every possible catchable pokemon from route 7 down to route 1 (currently at Flabebe) and when I get them all at 5IV level, THEN I can finally move on! Thanks to the GTS and Wonder Trade and Facebook and this website, it is quite easy to get the abilities and moves you want on pokemon you need from other people in order to breed those abilities and egg moves onto the pokemon I already have. Honestly, Gamefreak could have released a game that was nothing BUT route 7 and I would have been more than happy with it!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I think I'm at a little more than 360 hours on X. I'm surprised by how much time I've put into this game. I haven't had that much free time, so I guess that goes to show how much of my time I've devoted to Pokemon. I've gotten really into breeding this gen because it's so easy to do, and as a result, my hours have racked up quickly. I have a few hours on a challenge run in Y (maybe 20ish?), and I've been breeding some 5IV eggs on X to send over for a new playthrough of Y.

Years
  • At this moment in time I have 211 hours and 20 minutes in my X version, although I guarantee at least two thirds of that have been due to me discovering the GTS and Wonder Trade, which for me has more than made up for the lack of post-game :) It kind of IS the post-game to me in a way actually haha, especially cause the further you progress the more Pokémon are available to you for trading purposes :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Somewhere beyond 530 hours, I think. If I hadn't taken a break for half a year, I'd probably maxed out the timer in the game.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • I've spent 200+ hours, it's about as many hours as I've played Skyrim. So I was pretty surprised.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Ever since pokemon bank came out, I keep resetting my save, so I have no idea. My first save reached over just over 200 hours, which I remember at the time worked out to roughly 90 minutes a day. I haven't played quite as much as time has gone on and I don't need to breed as much, so I'd guess at about 350 overall. I know a lot of that time will also just be me leaving the game open, etc. but it's still a huge amount of time. I probably could have learnt to speak another language if I had dedicate all that time to it instead.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In my first run, it was around one-twenty hours or so, if I remember correctly. I've spent a lot of time playing this game when I'd gotten my hands on it, which should hopefully help explain, haha. In my second, it was only eighty, if I'm not mistaken.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    I've got a little over 50 hours. Just started a new game recently and started breeding a ton.

Back