• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
I've been playing my Omega Ruby since the first day I bought it (back in Sunday) and supposedly, I should be in Team Magma's hideout kicking Maxie's ass but heyah, here I am doing sidequests here and there because I don't want the storyline to be ending so quickly yet. xD

Overall, I did not experience any difficulties with the gyms, thanks to the Exp. Share and Pokemon-Amie. At this point, I guess I'm quite a bit overleveled too (most of trainers' Pokemon faint in one hit by my Absol's Night Slash or so... oh well). Here's my main team at the moment:

Spoiler:

And here's some I got in my box, probably planning to be used sooner post-game (I usually develop one set of a team at a time)
Spoiler:

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Day 4:
Destroyed the rocks at Rusturf Tunnel, and the black belt gave me an aggronite! I was rather surprised. Haha.

Went back to Mauville and up to the north. Destroyed the Winstrate's (is that how you spell it?) with crobat and grovyle. It was really easy. Bought Aerial Ace from the mart and taught it to both.

Up the fiery path, and Aarune is there! Taught Secret Power to Linoone so that I can find another secret base if I want to. Played around with the new secret base. Totally lost touch with it and I must say... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Oh goodness, it's like having your own home in the games - though it's not very "secret" considering you can share the base with the world. What irony. The old woman in the house still insists on you resting at her residence, but she's kinda pointless now thanks to May.

Went to Route 113, caught a skarmory using DexNav. That thing is a pain in the butt! It refused to be captured despite its health being in the red. Wasted nearly 10 pokeballs on this monster. The route is really pretty, but it's kinda sad to see no 3D volcanic ash. Absolutely upset with the flute guy. WHY DID GAMEFREAK REMOVE THE "HUFF PUFF"?

Saving Prof. Cozmo from Meteor Falls. The place is absolutely gorgeous. The music is super too; love the echo so much. Got nearly knocked out by self destruct here but otherwise, no biggie. Electrike evolved into Manectric after the match.

I've decided to keep Manectric in my team for now. Problem is I don't have a surf-capable pokemon yet, and Linoone's move sets are pretty full of HMs except secret power. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

The cable car view is just amazing. You weren't able to tell how tall Mt. Chimney was in the originals (duh). Still, kinda doesn't make sense how a cable car would bring you to a caldera. Maxie was a piece of cake. Manectric took out mightenya and golbat while grovyle got rid of camerupt.

Jagged Pass. Sadly, I wasn't able to venture around a lot because I had a mach bike. Reached Lavaridge. Kinda disappointed that the hot spring has no more old ladies in it. Flannery was easy, but Torkoal was a lot bulkier than I thought.

Decided to ditch May and went straight to the desert. Caught baltoy and trapinch, but I'll be training neither. Had a lot of fun trying to find hidden items. Decided to pick the claw fossil and headed back to Rustboro via Verdanturf to get it restored.

ANORITH IS SHO CUTE! But at Lv20 it was a pain to train. Rematched with many trainers only to get knocked out quite a lot. Turned off EXP share from here on, because my team is generally over leveled. Decided to leave the trick house until postgame since there's no more trainer battles. Bought Power Up Punch from Mauville. Built a new secret base at Route 117 so that it's nearer to a city.

Went to Slateport and boarded S.S. Peeko (yes I made that up). Explored the rest of Granite Cave now that I have the mach bike. Honestly, you do not need flash. It's still relatively easy to venture around the cave and I didn't use a single escape rope. Got the Steelixite inside. Cool, but I already have it in the demo. Grovyle evolved in the cave

Rode S.S. Peeko back to Petalburg to contest in the gym. Destroyed all trainers with relative ease. Taught Sceptile Power Up Punch and tried that against daddy. Too easy. Luckily I saved before fighting him, so I'm going to try again tomorrow without using Power Up Punch. Retailiate does hurt though.

End of day 4.

EDIT:
I always confuse Rusturf Tunnel with Granite Cave.

Current team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
Day 1
Only got the game yesterday evening after many soft resettings got a female Torchic which I named MaiK(Meant to be MaiKa but clicked confirm by mistake so a trip to the name rater later on) after that levelled up Torchic a little and had the first round against Brendan,caught a few Pokemon and fought a few trainers.
So far in my team(current will change later):
MaiK the Torchic level 10(F)
Tala the Poochyena Level 8(F)
Yaki the Zigzagoon level 8 (F) (name will be changed to Yakima later on)
Cari the Surskit level 7(M)
and the most recent Ran the Ralts level 6(F)
Yesterday was mostly catching pokemon and training them up which continues into day two...where I'll hopefully get to the first gym.
Current Location Route 102(levelling up)

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Finally beat the game today. Managed to catch Rayquaza, but voiding catch Deoxys. Now I'm working on Super Training my team and them doing some online matches. Team:
Swampert (has Mega Stone)
Sceptile
Charizard (has Mega Stone)
Lucario
Zebstrika
Shiny Mew

Thief

The Dark One
Years
Nintendo UK sent me my game a day early (European release is 28th, I got it 27th). Got it in the post at 11am today.

- Journey Began: 4:23pm on the 27th November, Thursday
- Chose Mudkip as starter, named him Kipper.

- Caught the special Poochyena who has Fire Fang but boxed him.

- Spent the next 4 and a half hours searching for a Poochyena I was happy with, and I finally ended up with a Level 17, 1IV, HA, Poison Fang Poochy. Evolved him into Mightyena when he levelled up for the first time. Named him Chrome but will be changing it to DeWitt later on.

- Spent further time looking for a good Zigzagoon. Ended up with a Level 12, 3IV+, Trick Zigzagoon. No HA but I didn't want it; he has Pickup so he was ideal. Named him Bandito.

- During that period of time, I also caught a further few extra Pokémon (which I didn't intend to use, but collect for the moves/IVs). A male Ralts named Gallant, a female 3IV HA Taillow named Skydiver, a couple of Poochyena with Ice Fang and Leer (both 3IV+s I believe), and a couple others for the sake of completing that section of the DexNav.

- Up until the 9 and a half hour mark, by which point I still hadn't entered Petalburg Woods*, I spent it searching for a good Taillow (and then commencing to attempt a shiny chain, which I broke because of lack of PP). Ended up with a Level 17, 3IV+, Sky Attack Taillow. No HA but I didn't want it; he has Guts so he was ideal. Named him Totem.

- Did a bit of super training. Headed through Petalburg Woods, caught a Slakoth for the dex. Beat the Magma grunt and am now headed towards Rustboro.

Current team:
Marshtomp (Named Kipper. Level 20.)
Mightyena (Named Chrome (will name DeWitt). Level 22, 1IV, HA, w/ Poison Fang.)
Zigzagoon (Named Bandito. Level 14, 3IV, w/ Trick.)
Taillow (Named Totem. Level 17, 3IV, w/ Sky Attack.)

*I'm savouring the game, otherwise by this point I'd usually be over halfway through the story. :P

blue

gucci
Years
Waited in line for a long time being Black Friday and what not, but I finally got my copy of Alpha Sapphire! Starting up the game, exploring practically everywhere and talking to almost everyone and I'm loving this game so far. Picked Mudkip as my starter and I'm about to download the Shiny Beldum event. n_n

Team

258.png

Kippy Lv. 8
- Tackle
- Growl
- Water Gun

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just defeated Wattson on my first try, it was a real challenge though as I don't have a pokemon super effective against electric type pokemon, now that I have defeated him I will head north towards Mt Chimney and hopefully catch a Numel, I also have a Wingull currently being raised by the Daycare, I'm going to use it temporarily until I can catch a Carvanah

My Team:

Grovyle Lv25
Metang Lv24
Swellow Lv24

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Day Seven of my Travel Journal:

Well, my events of yesterday were not very special. The first thing I did was use the Eon Flute so I could visit some of the mirage places. Seems certain mirage places have portals there for some reason. I then decided to go battle trainers in the water parts of Routes 105 through 109. I even stopped by the Sea Mauville. While I was exploring the Sea Mauville, I found an interesting amount of a certain something in one of the rooms. After finished up the Sea Mauville, I left there.

I then headed to my [Super] Secret Base to deal with some things. After I finished up there, I then went to Route 111 where I found four more [Super] Secret Bases. After obtaining flags from those bases, I headed to Fortree. While I was at Fortree, I got my [Super] Secret Base's rank up to Bronze. After that, I stopped for the night. I have currently seen 166 Pokemon and caught 70.

Star Wars Jedi Team
Luke (Swampert)
L70/Naughty
Hold Item: Swampertite
Moves: Ice Beam, Surf, Earthquake, Dive

Obi-Wan (Swellow)
L62/Lax
Hold Item: Amulet Coin
Moves: Air Slash, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Fly

Anakin (Manectric)
L57/Gentle
Hold Item: Manectite
Moves: Bite, Thunder, Strength, Discharge

Yoda (Torkoal)
L56/Timid
Hold Item: None
Moves: Rock Smash, Secret Power, Earthquake, Flamethrower

Ki-Adi (Banette)
L51/Quirky
Hold Item: Banettite
Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Feint Attack, Hex, Shadow Ball

Mace Windu (to be caught)

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Has anyone else noticed that Azumarill takes a remarkably long time to learn Play Rough in this version, if at all? I'm 61 levels in, still no sign of the Fairy-type STAB.

If all else fails I'll just bank it back over to Y and Heart Scale Play Rough on (but I left that at home during the holiday).

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Day 5:
Did quite a lot of training today after defeating Daddy. I've decided to avoid PUP and use crobat's acrobatics, however his last Slaking still took me out with a single retaliate and it was more than 5 levels lower. Boohoo.

Spent a good amount of time fishing for a carvahna. It is pretty rare with a good rod, or maybe it's just my luck. Quick balls are an ultimate lifesaver. It was at Lv25. Gave it all of my rare candies plus some training and it evolved into sharpedo at Lv30. It swims SUPER fast! Really pleased. It has terrific attacking power too!

Southern Island is accessible in this game early, and here we get to fight Admin Courtney. I could have sworn that she's a robot. Plain weird.

I had to give up one team member for Latios. I really needed a special attacker, so I had to bid adieu to anorith. It is one of my favorite pokemon, but thinking ahead... It might not be the best option anyway. Maybe I'll train it postgame for contests. Latios was at Lv30, quite a decent level.

The trainers in eastern Hoenn caught up in levels rather quickly. I was so shocked to see a Lv36 pokemon while training up sharpie and latios. Luckily the battles were fine, and both pokemon managed to get very decent experience and caught up with the rest of the team. I love sharpedo. I've never really used one in any previous games, but man it has got the attacking power. Sadly it has mediocre defenses but oh well, at least it's fast enough.

Fortree City. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. This is perhaps the best remastered city in the games. The lucky me managed to get hidden power in one go. I guess I need to decorate my secret base with more items... But I'm pretty broke. Hey, at least my QR code is in the SD card now, so I'll upload it in the secret bases thread tomorrow!

Whizzed past all trainers on early Route 120 to Steven, and went back to the gym. It was easy, a lot easier than I thought. I'm not that overleveled either (I didn't use my regulars, only sharpedo and latios which was just only a level higher). On the other hand, I lost to Winona nearly thrice in the originals.

Did some flying and backtracking after the gym. Bought some quick balls from Fallarbor and visited mom to get the amulet coin. Did some berry planting too! Still no idea where's the lucky egg, but you don't really need it in this game. You can fly to routes and cave entrances now, which is awesome but arrived a little too late.

Route 120 is absolutely gorgeous, and I can't emphasize that enough. There are many trainers in this route and they do put up a decent fight. Metang evolved into metagross! I'm currently at the regi chamber area.

End of Day 5.

My team so far:
Spoiler:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
FINALLY, OmegaRuby came out in Europe! I started my adventure today (as May, because I prefer her design over Brendan's). I'm currently in Petalburg City. Everything going smoothly so far.

Team:
255.png
Volcanita, female, lv 9
278.png
Pedro, male, lv 7 (haven't used a Pelipper in a long time)
280.png
New 34, female, lv7 (already she's a friggin' beast!)
374.png
Beldum, idontcare, lv7 (i'll try to use him as little as possible, but he does have Hold Back which will be useful for catching legendaries)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Just outside Petalburg Woods. It's taken an age to get anywhere because of the dexnav, in the end I just decided I didn't need the best Pokémon and it would be more fun to "go with my heart". Every time a Pokémon pops out of the grass I can't help but head towards it though.

Team right now:

Torchic (M) lv 11
Lotad (M) lv 11
Ralts (F) lv 4

My Lotad is bashful (shy), which I find really funny since that's not like Ludicolo at all. Ralts needs a good deal more training to catch up.

It's weird but back in the original games I never ever encountered a Surskit in the wild, and this time one of them pops out of the grass in no time at all.

Years
Alpha Sapphire Update:

-Things have changed since the last update
-Obtained all the Gym Badges, getting ready to challenge the Elite Four
-Using Wondertrade. I get tons of Zigzagoons and Whismurs

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Ok, so received Omega Ruby today - would have rather had Sapphire for some reason, but it's all good.

Day 001:

The moving lorry dropped me off, after that almost lethal and completely unsafe drive from Johto to Hoenn I survive the trip.

After doing all the preliminary introductions to everyone in Littleroot, I find Professor Birch and see him being attacked by what can only be described as a puppy. I chose Treecko, purely based on Mega Sceptile - it looks awesome!

After receiving the Pokémon and getting the Pokédex I moved out. Learning all the new stuff - Sneaking and identifying the different aspects of the Nav is awesome.

After fiddling and getting to Oldale I get the potion and go battle May. All that jazz.

Afterwards, I started building my team. I have the Thunder Fang Poochyena, but caught a few others attempting to use the Nav.

Ultimately, my team came out to being:

• Treecko
  • Beldum (Shiny)
  • Ralts (after some long searching...)
  • Tailow
  • Seedot
  • Zigzagoon

I got a few special Pokémon in there, Wingulls with Pretty Wings and similar, Zigzagoon with an alternate Ability etc.

I completed the Rustboro gym, was a breeze with Treecko - Absorb and the better one made it incredibly simple. Not looking forward to Winona's gym though.

So that pretty much takes us up to now, I'm now in Dewford after saving Peeko from the evil Magma Grunt. After that, I took Briney's boat to the next port where I am currently going through the Gym, training up my Ralts.

After moving out of Slateport, I decided that I would call it a night. After several hours playing, both my character and me are extremely tired.

Last edited:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
Okay, I just delivered the Letter to Steven. Kinda dissapointed that I can't catch Mawile until later in the game, but oh well. The amount of in-jokes and references to the originals is insane! So far, the Shroomish nicknamed "Pekachu" might be the funniest thing in the game! That and the thin guy transforming into a hiker after giving away his Float Stone!

Team:
256.png
Volcanita, female, lv 18 (pretty much steam-rolled Roxanne's team)
278.png
Pedro, male, lv 15 (he's starting to get some decent STAB moves)
280.png
New 34, female, lv15 (utterly destroyed Brawly's Gym. Disarming Voice is actually a pretty good move that early in the game)
374.png
Beldum, idontcare, lv15 (I think I only used him in two battles so far. The only reason he catches up on the levels is because of the Exp. share)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2015
After heavy consideration and not being comfortable with the way I had been playing the game so far and how I worked on some things, I have decided to restart my game. So, from here on out I will be starting from scratch, "re-formatting" the Journal on here to start from Day 1 once more, and I'll be putting a little more detail on my team as I go along, including moves, natures and the like. In any case, let's jump right in!

~Day 001~

Once I start the game I am welcomed with that gorgeous intro that calls back to the original game by having your character re-play the introduction from Ruby and Sapphire. Even if I have already seen this, I can't stop but feel so nostalgic and then so overjoyed by the following scene showcasing the Pokémon in the wild as Birch's speech goes on and your truck makes its way towards Littleroot Town. I honestly love this so much. I choose my gender and my name and then the truck's doors open up, greeting me into the fantastic world of Hoenn. Here is where my new journey begins!

I step outside and walk into my new home, loving the sight of the moving Pokémon I remember oh-so well from the original. After "setting up" my clock, I go out and meet May for the second time, remembering just how much I enjoyed the way they handled this scene. As she leaves I go out and search for Prof. Birch, only to find out he is being attacked by a Poochyena! After I spend a couple of seconds just standing there, having both the scene and the music bring back some wonderful memories, I walk over to the bag and choose my brand new starter, Treecko! [I actually did this quite a couple of times trying to get an ideal nature for him. Don't tell anyone.]

After saving him from what is probably one of the most patheric endearing intros for a Professor, we go back to his lab where he lets me keep Treecko and makes me go out in search of his daughter. I go on to Route 103 where I find May staring out into a really nice looking stretch of forest, a touch I really like since it makes way more sense than the original [where she was staring into nothing, basically]. I have my first Pokémon Battle with her, we head back to Littleroot Town and then I receive my very own Pokédex [My personal favorite design for it, too], along with some Pokéballs!

I head on out on my adventure, immediately bumping into May on the way to Oldale Town. She reteaches me how to Sneak and use the DexNav and then I spend an unnecessarily long time trying to catch a good, Hidden Poochyena with at least a neutral nature. After I catch him I leap with joy and make my way towards Petalburg City.

Once I arrive at Petalburg City, I talk to everyone I can before heading up and "meeting" my dad. We head inside the Gym where, after a small chat, we are interrupted by none other than Wally! I help him catch his very first Pokémon, a male Ralts, and then we head back. I exchange a few words with my dad and, after letting me know I should get at least 4 badges before facing him, I am off to continue my adventure!

I immediately go and try to find a Ralts to add to my team. Once I find and capture one, I use the DexNav to continue to try and find more so I could at least get a Jolly, Male Ralts. I literally spent the rest of my night doing this [Though I did catch a good number of Synchronized Ralts, which is pretty great]. It took so long I stopped caring whether it had any stars at all in its "Potential" and just used a Synchronized Jolly Poké I had in PokéBank to help me catch it. Luckily, although I end up finding one with an egg move, Synchronoise! I happily take my catch, head back to Petalburg City, save and then call it a night.

~My Current Team:
252.gif

Treecko Lvl. 9
Timid @ No Item
Ability: Overgrow
- Pound
- Leer
- Absorb
- Quick Attack

261.gif

Poochyena Lvl. 7
Hardy @ No Item
Ability: Run Away
- Thunder Fang
- Howl
- Sand Attack

280.gif

Ralts Lvl. 3
Jolly @ No Item
Ability: Synchronize
- Synchronoise

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Candela's Hoenn Journal: Day 5 & 6

Morning: I stormed through Team Magma at Mt. Chimney, and completely ignoring May during the process. Sorry, but I was doing business at Route 115 first, fell down and had to go through Rusturf tunnel again. Don't judge.

And then I head to Lavaridge, ignoring trainers cause I got lucky enough to avoid them all. Skitty evolved 'cause I'm not too interested in her level up moves. Nearly lost against Flannery, but I had to leave so I just turned it off for the morning.

Night: I went and defeated Flannery. May gave me the Go-Goggles, giving me access to Route 111's desert ,and offered me a trip to Petalburg. I refused, since I want to catch a Trapinch first.

The desert. I spent some time searching for items, pick up the Claw Fossil as well as catching a male Trapinch nicknamed Skywind. I then head to Jagged Pass to battle the trainers I've missed.

After some decent leveling, I came back to Lavaridge and went to Petalburg with May ('cause I'm lazy to walk all the way back). Reaching Petalburg, I switched to Scepteelee and taught him Dig to dodge Retaliate.

Defeated Norman on first try. I was expecting his last Slaking to use Retaliate, but it ended up using Chip Away at its first turn.

I have to say, Retaliate looks good with the gym's background.

Anyway, went outside and met Wally. And then I got the HM for Surf and went to Mauville, no wait Route 118, along with him.

But I have no time for that! I travelled back to Rustboro to revive the Claw Fossil, got a Male Anorith nicknamed Rock J (for some reason). I then travelled north to rebuild my old Secret Base, yay!

...and then I remembered that it has a hole in it. Well... at least Scepteelee evolved after battling the trainers there.

Went back through Route 103, played with the Trick House while I was at it.

I went back to Route 118 and met Steven. Met Latios, and then he joined me. Steven even gave me the Mega-Bracelet. Nice, now Quick can Mega-Evolve aka. time to switch up the moves to Special.

I then blasted through Route 119, ignoring all the trainers to get to the water route. You guys know why.

Anyway, spent the night fishing for Feebas. Caught one female with Mirror Coat, nicknamed Lamiroir.

Day 6: Uneventful, only maxed out Lamiroir's beauty stat.

Next time: Weather Institute and reaching Lilycove to get the Clearance Sale aka. blasting through all the trainers including Winona (Quick will definitely own her).

~End Day 5 & 6~​

Current Team:
Scepteelee | Sceptile M | Lv 36
Charming | Linoone M | Lv 31 (boxed)
Amimi | Skitty F | Lv 32
Tally | Swellow F | Lv 30 (boxed)
Quick | Manectric M | Lv 30
Skywind | Trapinch M | Lv 27
Rock J | Anortih M | Lv 22
Lamiroir | Feebas F | Lv 15

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
Update!

Today, I just defeated Tate and Liza one-handedly with my team of Mega Absol and Roserade. Absol is at Level 46-47-ish and Roserade is at Level 55. The battle was quick, though Liza's Lunatone managed to hit my Roserade quite hard. Soon after the events of Groudon, I taught my HM assistant Gyarados Dive and followed the storyline all along. The battle against Primal Groudon managed to knock out both of my overleveled Blaziken and Roserade so I decided to use Swellow, since 2 out of 3 Groudon's strongest attack didn't have any effects (Lava Plume only cut half of Swellow's HP and when he was burned, he toughened it out for me aww). After some damaging with Brave Bird and Aerial Ace, I finally caught it with an Ultra Ball (3-4 times trying). Yay!

Anyhow, the scene after we beat Groudon was so touching. I literally have tears on my eyes. Sobs.

Now it's Sootopolis Gym left! I'm suspending it for a while because real life commitments go first.

And my current team is:
Spoiler:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
Just beat Wattson, saved Wally's cousin's relationship and cleared the first three Trick House challenges (that last one was a little trippy near the end). Gotta say, for a big city, Mauville is actually surprisingly easy to navigate compared to its predeccessors.
also...
poor Game Corner owner :( :( :(

Team:
256.png
Volcanita, female, lv 31 (as expected, she's shaping up into quite the powerhouse. easily took out Wattson's team)
279.png
Pedro, male, lv 27 (he's finally starting to become good and will only get better)
281.png
New 34, female, lv 28 (already OHKOing things with Draining Kiss. can't wait for her to evolve)
375.png
Metang, idontcare, lv 27 (why am I keeping this again? oh yeah, shiny...)
303.png
Jawn Jawnes, male, lv 24 (the newest member of the team and also the hardest to work with. doesn't help that it takes it an eternity to learn a move of its own darn type)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back