• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Day: 005

First thing I do today is make my way to the desert portion of Route 111 with my new Go-Goggles and find myself a Trapnich! Using a Synchronize Kirlia it doesn't take me long to find myself an Adamant natured one, which I immediately then use to battle the trainers in this area to help it level up! It also seems to have been infected with Pokérus, which was pretty darn sweet. Once I have it at a decent level near the rest of my part, I go back to Lavaridge Town, talk to May and we head on to Petalburg City! I go straight to the Gym the moment we arrive.

I'm really glad to see the Gym has been left virtually unchanged. I go through the entirety of it, backtracking through every door to make sure I battle every trainer before facing off against my father— uh, I mean, Norman. Father and son duke it out and, after a rather satisfying battle, I earn my Balance Badge! I walk out of the Gym with Norman where we find Wally and his father passing by. We stop to chat for a bit and Wally's father ends up thanking me for having helped his son out with his Pokémon by giving me HM03 Surf! We are told to use it on the small stretch of water near Route 118, so Wally and I both leave and our father's have a really nice bonding moment that's brand new to the remake.

It seems I am transported [for the third time now] to Mauville City, right next to the exit for Route 118. Wally and I part ways and I go to the Pokémon Center where I reluctantly remove a Pokémon from my party to put in a Lvl. 5 Tentacool so I can use Surf. I use it to reach the other side of Route 118, get myself the Good Rod and then go back into the water and start fishing, hoping to catch the next Pokémon I have planned for my team. With an appearance rate of only 5% with the Good Rod I was surprised to manage to make Carvanha appear relatively quick! I capture it and am overjoyed to see that my Synch worked and I caught an Adamant natured one! [I was not going to try and get another one after this]. I switch out the Tentacool for my Carvanha, teach it Surf and come back to the other side of Route 118 to continue on!

I don't get too far before I spot Steven. We have a little chat and then, before we get the chance to split up, Latias comes around out of nowhere! We get on her back and she takes us to Southern Island. Once there we meet not only her counterpart, Latios, but the second Team Magma Admin, Courtney [<3]! I absolutely love what they did with her in this remake. It seems that she and a Grunt came to the island [somehow] to retrieve Latios' Mega Stone, and the reason we were brought here was to stop them.

Once we defeat them we get to see a little more of Courtney's new personality, one that I really like and look forward to seeing more of. After they leave, Latios decides to join my party! [I also SR'd a couple of times and got a really nice 5IV Timid Latios. <3] Thanks to the bond that we had just created and the fact that he was holding his Mega Stone, Seven gifts us with Steven Gift #2, the Mega Bracelet. He goes farther into detail about the mystery of the Mega/Key Stones, then we head back and Latias drops us off on Route 118, where Steven and I part ways and I can continue my journey. Before going up to Route 119 I make a small detour dow to Route 123 so I can go to the huge Berry garden and start picking and planting berries there. This is yet another place whose redesign I am absolutely in love with.

When I'm done I go back from where I came and continue onto Route 119. I am really excited to explore this area once more, as it was one of my absolute favorites back in the original Ruby. In here I start noticing my Pokémon are a bit underleveled and I start having trouble being able to keep up with some of these trainers, so, reluctantly, I turn EXP. Share back on for the time being. I manage to level up my Pokémon quite a bit, and for the most part evenly balanced, as well, as I fight every trainer I can find. Both my Carvanha and my Aron actually evolve as I go, which was super exciting! On my way I stumble upon some Team Magma Grunts blocking my path! It seems they are on lookout duty, trying to keep anyone from getting near the Weather Institute. Apparently they couldn't afford to keep a Grunt or two to keep people from getting here from the side I arrived in, so I just walk right in!

I use the bed I find inside to heal up my Pokémon, finding it incredibly hilarious that I'm taking a nap while the place is being robbed and taken over. I fight my way through the two Grunts and reach the second floor where I am greeted by an interesting reimagining of what originally transpired here. Tabitha, rather than Courtney, is the one trying to find out more about the weather conditions of the past, but he seems to have found something unexpected. He appears to be doubting Maxie, wondering himself what exactly his plans may be. When I reach him he decides to take it out on me, though I manage to beat him quite easily. He reveals more information about their plans and, as he leaves, shows signs of doubt once more. I am rewarded for my bravery with a Pokémon, Castform! I store him in the PC, get the Rocky Helmet from the scientist who [purposely] got slapped and get back on track towards Fortree City!

It doesn't take long before May shows up and challenges me to a battle. Unlike last time, she actually did not pose much of a threat! I'm really pleased with how my team's turned out. After we're done she gives me HM02 Fly and then hurries off. I continue on my way and finally arrive at yet another childhood favorite, Fortree City! It feels absolutely fantastic getting to run around and see this City remade in 3D, and don't get me started on how gorgeous the treehouse interiors are.

I spend quite a bit of time just running around, talking to everyone and going over to the Secret Base Guild where I battled Aarune until I see Steven head out towards Route 120, so I follow him! Once I find him he tells me about an invisible object in the way and hands me the Devon Scope so I can expose it. It is revealed to be a Kecleon, which I then capture. Steven then lets me keep the Devon Scope, turning it into Steven Gift #3. He doesn't stop there, though, as he goes on to hand me a Sceptilite, otherwise known as Steven Gift #4! Although I am quite content with it, this is starting to get out of hand. He also seems to have noticed the Meteorite I was given, making this the second time someone mentions it since, something that is definitely different from the original. Regardless, I head on back to Fortree City, heal up my Pokémon and restock on some items before saving and calling it a night!

~My Current Team:
    Travel Journal

Grovyle Lvl. 34
    Timid @ Sceptilite
    Ability: Overgrow
    - Leaf Blade
    - Fury Cutter
    - Mega Drain
    - Grass Pledge

Travel Journal

Gallade Lvl. 33
    Jolly @ Metronome
    Ability: Steadfast
    - Draining Kiss
    - Confusion
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psycho Cut

Travel Journal

Manectric Lvl. 34
    Timid @ Manectite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    - Ice Fang
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch
    - Strength

Travel Journal

Lairon Lvl. 33
    Docile @ Aggronite
    Ability: Sturdy
    - Rock Slide
    - Rock Smash
    - Secret Power
    - Iron Head

Travel Journal

Sharpedo Lvl. 33
    Adamant @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin
    - Assurance
    - Surf
    - Slash
    - Ice Fang

Travel Journal

Trapinch Lvl. 34
    Adamant @ Soft Sand
    Ability: Arena Trap
    - Earth Power
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slider
    - Earthquake

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Candela's Hoenn Journal: Day 11 - Final Day

The next day I went to challenge Wallace. The puzzle was harder than I remembered though. Well... at least Quick swept the floor with Wallace.

I then took out Torspeedo to temporarily replace Lamiroir and taught him Waterfall. I knew that I'll still need to use Strength to get through the Victory Road. After a bit of training and exploring, I met Wally at the end of Victory Road. Swiftly defeated him though.

I then did a bit of exploring in Meteor Falls to grab the TM for Dragon Claw, and after fiddling around with TMs on my Pokemon I was ready to challenge the league.

Sydney got swept by Rock J and Scepteelee, Phoebe was a challenge thanks to my lack of type coverage, Glacia ended quite quickly with Quick's Flamethrowers, while Drake got swept by Lamiroir's Ice Beam and Skywind's Dragon Claw.

And then it's off to facing Steven I go. I'm the type to always make sure that my lineup is what I wanted to see in the records, so I lead with Scepteelee. Quickly switched in Quick ans OHKO'd the metallic bird. After a lot of constant switching and KOs, it ends with a 6:1 against Mega-Metagross. The thing KO'd Quick and Skywind, Lamiroir managed to deal some damage before fainting, and then it was 3:1 between Scepteelee, Rock J and Amimi against his Mega-Metagross down to half.

I switched in Amimi thinking that the kitty won't survive a Giga Impact, but just enough to buy time to reduce its HP. Miraculously, Amimi survived with ONE HP. And another miracle: her Sing made it through, putting the Mega to sleep. As it was sleeping, I attacked using Shadow Ball hoping that it'll wither it down before dying. Shadow Ball hit for approximately 25% of its health, but after 2 turns of sleep Mega-Metagross still hasn't woken up yet, with its HP only a sliver away from fainting.

The third turn, I was so confident that it'll wake up and put an end to my kitty, but wait: Foe Metagross is still asleep! The final Shadow Ball made it through and defeated the monster, thus crowning me champion.

After all that, and after registering in the Hall of Fame, me and May cycled back to Littleroot. The credits rolled and I get to see a recap on what I've done along the journey... and then I noticed that Rock J didn't made it in any of them, whoops.

But still, it's nice to see how far I've gone while watching the credits.

And after the credits, May challenged me to one final battle. Results: Sceptile ownage. Well... it took 11 days, but knowing that I took this journey slowly, it was worth everything.

~End Hoenn Journal~

Final Team:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I have been on many journeys after I attend my first Contest, and when I landed at Mauville City, I was stunned by how different it is, and spotted Wally. I feel like I want to check how he's going, since I was the one who was watching him catching his Ralts.

Wally wants to challenge the gym, so to prove to his uncle that he's strong, he decides to challenge me into battle. So, I decided to chose Kizuna (which was Kirlia at that time) to battle with his Ralts, and overpowered him. Wally realized how he needs to be more stronger, and he wants me to be his... (he was too shy to say it, but I assume he wants me to be his rival). So, I was heading to Verdanturf Town to check Wally's well-being, but he is not there anymore due to the events earlier, I wish I can meet him again.

So, I challenged Mauville Gym's Leader, Wattson, and electrifying him with (not-so-electric) Virileaf, which is now a Sceptile, and got the Dynamo Badge. Before heading to Fallarbor Town, I have decided to take some changes, so Parker, which is now a Mightyena, is currently on the bench atm, and I've decided to use Cosplay Pikachu at its place. When I arrive, I just found the news that Prof. Cosmo got 'Aqua'-napped by Team Aqua, so I should go to Meteor Falls to deal with them, so my journey continues...

Current team:
    Virileaf the Sceptile (Lv. 42)
    Shiny Metang (Lv. 35)
    Cosplay Pikachu (Lv. 25)
    Kizuna the Gardevoir (Lv. 32)
    Linoone (Lv. 34)
    Peeko the Pelipper (Lv. 36)

Candy

Years
    Candela's Hoenn Journal: Delta Episode

...Y'know, I'll skip immediately to my capture of Rayquaza, cause I can't remember what I had been through.

Amimi lead, hoping to score a sleep on Rayquaza. I threw a Quick Ball in the first turn, it shook twice before cracking open. Rayquaza used Dragon Dance this turn. Tried to lul the dragon to sleep. It failed miserably, costing Amimi her HP.

I switched to Lamiroir since she had Ice Beam. She barely survived a Dragon Pulse, but her Ice Beam managed to take out half of its HP and froze it. Talk about luck. A Quick Ball later and it was caught. Nicknamed Delta 'cause... eh, why not?

After sweeping Zinnia with Mega-Rayquaza, I went to try and capture Deoxys... Mega-Rayquaza OHKO'd it though... ah well, I'll save Deoxys for the upcoming legendary hunt journal.

And ORAS definitely isn't shipping May and Brendan together, nope~

~End Delta Episode~​

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    In an attempt to get a shiny Carvanha to put in my team via chain fishing, I have instead fished 3 shiny Magikarps. That's less likely than getting one shiny Carvanha.

It's gonna be a while until I get that damn green piranha, but hey I have a shiny Gyarados now, so that's cool.

Also eventually decided I wanted a Shiftry so I caught a higher level Nuzleaf (26) via DexNav so I don't have to train it too much to keep up with the rest of my team. (30-35) This thing dies in one hit.

EDIT: I JUST BROKE MY FISHING CHAIN
    Travel Journal

EDIT2:
    Travel Journal

Travel Journal

Travel Journal

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Decided to start a new game, I'll finish the Delta episode at the end of this game, I picked Mudkip and have just defeated May

Team:

Mudkip Lv7

Edit: I got distracted leaving my 3ds unplugged and the battery died, luckily I'd only got to catching the Poochyena with the special move, i'm back to the same point as I was before and about to head across to Petalburg (Mudkip is also 1 level higher than before

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I haven't updated since I had five badges, so I'll try and do some highlights of my team's journey to the Elite Four and what each member accomplished along the way. Some might have more than others since I tended to show bias towards some at certain times. Oh well. I just wish I had updated more often, but I was on vacation when I played the game. What's here were these Pokemon's movesets upon entering the Hall of Fame.

Hall of Fame
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal

Travel Journal

Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal

Palus (Swampert) @ Swampertite
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Brick Break
    - Stone Edge

Palus has always been the star of my team and when trying to cull EXP for the rest of my slacking team members, Palus would do all the heavy lifting. I tried my best to limit Palus' playtime to wild encounters or regular Trainer battles. When it came to battling important NPCs (Gym Leaders, Admins, Team Leaders, etc.), I would spread the obligations to the rest of the team. In any case, Palus' typing didn't help very much when it came to the Elite Four. If something else on the team worked better to battle a particular member, I'd use them over Palus. The only exception was Phoebe, as I had nothing that was particularly adept at handling Ghost-types, so I just let Palus have his heyday. I also brought Palus out to Mega Evolve against Steven's Mega Metagross so we had a truly exceptional final showdown. Of course, Mega Metagross could hardly touch Palus... or so I thought. Steven's Metagross lead with Giga Impact straight out of the gate, so while Palus was evolving, it was also floundering. Fortunately Giga Impact's resting period allowed Palus to execute two Earthquakes in a row, ultimately bringing Steven to his knees. Post-game, Palus wasn't included in my reduced ensemble and is currently used on my Super Doubles line team in the Battle Maison.

Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal

Russel (Breloom) @ Miracle Seed
    - Seed Bomb
    - Mach Punch
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Stone Edge

Russel is the second oldest team member of my primary team. It's the only early-game Pokemon (besides Palus) that I kept around for later, since I dumped a couple of oldies such as a Zigzagoon and Ceres the Swellow. I didn't use Russel very much in battle after it decimated the entirety of the Sootopolis Gym, but when the Elite Four came around, it was dire that I use it against Sidney. Russel did well to trample over Sidney's team with a combination of its super effective STAB moves Sky Uppercut and priority Mach Punch. There wasn't a need to spread the task of defeating Sidney to other teammates because not very much touched Russel. Of course, something was required to take Mightyena's Intimidate so Russel could one-shot everything else. Post-game, Russel was part of the reduced ensemble used to tackle the Delta episode. There was a lot of surfing involved in areas I hadn't battled all the trainers in, and those trainers used Water-types so using Russel ensured victory. Russel wasn't useful in battles versus Zinnia, unfortunately, as her Dragons proved too strong for Russel's meager defenses, especially with the level difference. Russel is also used on the Super Doubles line team in the Battle Maison.

Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal

Apollo (Camerupt) @ Rocky Helmet
    - Eruption
    - Earth Power
    - Yawn
    - Stone Edge

I'd always wanted a Camerupt, or at least since Mega Camerupt was announced. I didn't realize at the time of catching Numel (and appropriately nicknaming it Apollo) that Cameruptite wasn't available until the Battle Resort. Fortunately, Apollo proved to be useful in-game due to its bulk and decent offensive capabilities. It wasn't very much use whatsoever for the last couple of gyms or in beating Team Aqua, catching Kyogre, etc. but it did see use against both Glacia and Steven during my Elite Four challenge. It helped that Glacia dropped her Sealeos that she used in RSE, so Camerupt was able to one-shot most of her team with Eruption. The Froslasses outsped and would use Shadow Ball on Camerupt but even at 75% or 50% health, Eruption cleared them out. Walrein had to be stunted by Russel, but Camerupt was still the star, especially against Steven. Post-game, Apollo was used on the reduced ensemble, primarily because it was somewhat underleveled after the Elite Four and I wanted to get it boosted up before undertaking anything like the Battle Maison. Of course, I didn't know the Battle Maison existed during the Delta episode, but Apollo needed training all the same. I used Mega Camerupt in the Singles line team alongside Palus and Russel. It was retired for the Super Singles team, given that Solace the Azelf and Palus form a Rain Dance + Swift Swim partnership.

Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal

Metagross (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Bullet Punch
    - Meteor Mash
    - Hammer Arm

There isn't much to chronicle for Metagross. I received it through the Mystery Gift before I'd even gotten two badges, but I kept it on the EXP Share for awhile and hardly ever used it against Gym Leaders, even as a Metang. It was a safe way to assure that Palus didn't faint when battling May near Fortree City, though, and priority Bullet Punch was useful in locking in crucial wins against the likes of Team Aqua and Tate & Liza. During the Elite Four, I, again, limited my use of Metagross. I did Mega Evolve it against Drake since his Salamence unfortunately overwhelmed Hollywood. Post-game, Metagross wasn't included in my reduced ensemble and has yet to find a place on a Battle Maison team.

Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal

Hollywood (Flygon) @ Amulet Coin
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Rush
    - Crunch
    - Flamethrower

Hollywood is one of my favorite Pokemon ever, not because it was anything special in-game, but simply because of its name and the fact it's a Flygon. It was virtually useless as a Trapinch and Vibrava, and as a Flygon it became a key component to my success, ESPECIALLY after learning Dragon Rush. Dragon Rush tended to one-shot everything it came into contact with. This was incredibly useful against Drake, as I had very little that was super effective against his own Flygon, of which he had two, and Kingdra. Hollywood fell victim to Salamence's Intimidate and its own Dragon Rush, but Metagross was able to help clean up. Hollywood's Earthquake and Flamethrower made it essential to aiding in Steven's defeat and my crowning as Champion as well. Post-game, Hollywood rounded out my reduced ensemble. Its Dragon Rush was even further useful in bringing down Zinnia multiple times, and it brought Rayquaza to red health, making capture far easier than it could've been. Hollywood is currently used on my Super Doubles line team in the Battle Maison alongside Solace, Thundurus, and Palus. Its got few spread moves, but I'm slowly working on forming useful strategies that include Hollywood.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Flew back to Rustburo to revive Anorith, then played with the Safari Zone for a bit - not a big fan of GameFreak's decision to include tall grass but eh, I'll live. I then bought some decorations and fiddled with my secret base.

After finishing those 'errands', I cleared Mt. Pyre and obtained the Red Orb (they moved the outer area's entrance, that's interesting). Flew to Fallarbor to teach Ninetales Nasty Plot, then proceeded to head into Team Aqua's base. I have to admit, I loved the entrance so much I wasted at least a minute surfing down that corridor.
    Explored the base a bit, ended up in Shelly's room where I finally saw the picture featuring her, Archie and Jirachi I've read about. I then ended up in Matt's room for the Dark Pulse TM - next up, I stumbled upon a familiar puzzle and picked up the Master Ball and a nugget.
    Swept the Aqua Grunt hoard (liked it so much I did it twice) with M-Manectric's Discharge and Gallade prevailed once more against Matt's Sharpedo. I'm currently out in Lilycove's bay, setting my sights on Mossdeep.

Current Team:
    • Swampert lv.40
    • Gallade lv.40
    • Ninetales lv.39
    • Manectric lv.39
    • Altaria lv.40
    • Metang lv.40

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Update

Travel Journal
    >
    Travel Journal

Bless you purple shark and your freezehax Ice Fang.
    Travel Journal

From now on this is the adventures of the badass purple Sharpedo.

Candy

Years
    As I have just cleared the Delta Episode (and unfortunately fainting Deoxys), I shall began my hunt for the legendary Pokemon of Hoenn~

Also note: Unless I can decide which ball looks best for each of the legendaries, they'll all be in either quick balls or ultra balls. Why? Because Quick Ball is my favorite, and if I ran out while catching the legendary I'll switch to Ultra.

Candela's Legendary Hunt Journal: Day 1

Travel Journal

Entry 1: Reshiram

Before beginning, I stockpiled some Premier Balls by buying more Quick Balls. Only got 12, but hopefully that'll be enough.

I then transferred one of my lv 100 Pokemon from Y to OR in order to get one of my favorite legendaries: Reshiram. Replaced my OR Milotic Lamiroir with my Y Milotic Aria, I head towards the skies of Mauville City on Latios and noticed the Fabled Cave.

After landing, I switched into Amimi as lead. Interacting with the portal gave me Reshiram, and after sending out Amimi I placed it to sleep. A couple of Return(s?) later, Reshiram was in the red, but it woke up and dealt a good amount of damage to Amimi, fainting her. I switched into Aria 'cause she's the highest leveled as well as a good matchup against Reshiram.

It took 10 Premier Balls before the dragon was tamed. Reshiram in a pretty white ball, now this I approve.

Travel Journal

Entry 2: Raikou

I took out a Lugia from my Pokebank, which somehow was actually the Lugia from Navel Rock (I was shocked myself. It was a GTS trade after all). I flew to Lilycove to grab my certificate from Game Freak. Obviously I wanted to place it on my Secret Base.

On my way, I noticed a light coming out from the main land. I thought it was weird, so I approached it and found out that it was the Legendary Beasts of Johto's mirage spot. I recalled that we needed to have Lugia or Ho-Oh in the party to catch it, so I figured my Navel Rock Lugia was the one to trigger the appearance.

I switched from Lugia to Amimi as lead, since I was just at Game Freak's location. I didn't know which one to expect, but I saved anyway and interacted with the hole.

The legendary beasts' theme song played, and Raikou appeared from the hole. I threw a Quick Ball as an opening, but Raikou broke. Amimi did a good job keeping the electric tiger/sabertooth/??? asleep, as well as withstanding its attacks.

Took about 30-40 Quick Balls and a few soft resets as well thanks to accidentally fainting it. Pretty surprised that I caught it, since Quick Balls have a 1x multiplier.

~End Day 1 of the Legendary Hunt~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I beat Team Aqua in Mt. Chimney. The battle with OR/AS Archie was a lot easier than the past battle with him in Sapphire. Knowing how ridiculously frail Sharpedo was, it easily fell to Marshtomp's Bulldoze. I also like Archie's interactions with the player; he's rather polite for an evil team leader, but not to the same extent as N; he even told me to hang on for a moment when Matt contacted him.

After clearing Mt. Chimney, I easily trounced Flannery, just like old times, and Marshtomp evolved into Swampert after the battle. I also completed the Master Rank Beauty contest with Gardevoir after maxing out its Beauty condition. I also managed to avoid the trainers in Route 111's desert to pick up the Claw Fossil, then I backtracked to Rustboro to revive Anorith, while ditching Linoone in the process.

Current team:

Swampert, male, level 36
    Travel Journal

-Protect
    -Rock Slide
    -Water Pledge
    -Bulldoze
    Nature: Adamant

Metang, level 33
    Travel Journal

-Hold Back
    -Iron Head
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Bulldoze
    Nature: Adamant

Lombre, female, level 33
    Travel Journal

-Nature Power
    -Mist
    -Mega Drain
    -Bubble Beam
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Swift Swim

Gardevoir, male, level 33
    Travel Journal

-Moonblast
    -Psychic
    -Magical Leaf
    -Flash
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Trace

Swellow, male, level 33
    Travel Journal

-Roost
    -Aerial Ace
    -Steel Wing
    -Quick Attack
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Scrappy

Anorith, male, level 20 (in training)
    Travel Journal

-Water Gun
    -Fury Cutter
    -Smack Down
    -Metal Claw
    Nature: Jolly

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated Brawly, the battle was a little more difficult this time as I was using a Lv10 Ralts which I'm training using the exp share (I will be switching it off again once it's caught up to my other pokemon)

Team:

Marshtomp Lv20
    Shroomish Lv19
    Ralts Lv11

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I've recently defeated Brawly in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and delivered the letter to Steven.

My current team consists of Combusken, Lotad, Beldum, Taillow, Nincada, and Zigzagoon.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Since the last update I've pretty much earned my third badge, created my Secret Base and just now defeated Archie at the top of Mt. Chimney! Really love hearing all the remastered soundtracks upon entering new areas, they've done a smashing job with the remixes and nostalgia.

Team

Travel Journal

Kippy Lv. 26 @ Soft Sand

- Water Gun
    - Rock Tomb
    - Mud Bomb
    - Bulldoze

Travel Journal

Skyler Lv. 27 @ Soothe Bell

- Double Team
    - Pluck
    - Focus Energy
    - Aerial Ace

Travel Journal

Stella Lv. 26 @ Quick Claw

- Confusion
    - Calm Mind
    - Draining Kiss
    - Magical Leaf

Travel Journal

Dakota Lv. 26 @ Miracle Seed

- Mega Drain
    - Headbutt
    - Mach Punch
    - Leech Seed

Travel Journal

Lightning Lv. 27 @ Silk Scarf

- Charge Beam
    - Spark
    - Howl
    - Bite

Travel Journal

Cotton Lv. 26 @ Oran Berry

- Aerial Ace
    - Disarming Voice
    - Mist
    - Round

Candy

Years
    Candela's Legendary Hunt Journal: Day 2

Travel Journal

Entry 3: Entei

Daylight was getting dimmer so I rushed to Trackless Forest to get a shot at Entei. Once again, Amimi had proven useful, but she eventually got shot down by Entei. Lamiroir was up, only to take some hits as I tried to catch it. Misprediction hits with a critical on her when I though her HP could stand another hit, and so she fainted. Skywind was up to take a few more hits. At the pont when Skywind was up I had ran out of Quick Balls, so I switched to Ultra.

20 Quick Balls and 7 Ultra Balls later, Entei was caught.

Travel Journal

Entry 4: Palkia

My last boxes of Pokemon from the living dex didn't make it back to the Pokebank, so they're still hanging around inside my PC. Coincidentally, the ones in my PC starts from Froslass to Diancie, which means I can go unlock the legendary spots while soaring. I took out the Pixie trio from my boxes and soared to Dewford Town. Interacting with the portal, I went in and encountered Palkia.

Amimi lead, only to faint after receiving a couple of Aura Spheres to the face, without even putting the Spacial Pokemon to sleep. Skywind was up, managing to take out nearly half of its health beforr succumbing to Spacial Rend. Lamiroir was up, as well as being my last Pokemon since my 3 other slots were used for those useless pixies. Ice Beam was my only neutral attack move, so I used it. Down to red and it froze. What dumb luck.

But Palkia managed to break free and we had quite the long battle. 20-30 Ultra Balls later, Palkia was mine.

Travel Journal

Entry 5: Suicune

I heard rumors that Suicune appears at 8PM, and it was already 8PM, so after taking out Lugia, I rushed back to Trackless Forest again. Interacting with the portal, I encountered Suicune. Amimi lead once again, actually managing to stay 'til she ran out of PP for Sing. Suicune kindly replied with an Aurora Beam to the face. I switched to Lamiroir to tank in the attacks as I hurl Pokeballs at it. Pokeball of choice is Dive Ball right now.

It took all 20 of my Dive Balls, but in just one battle I've managed to catch it.

Travel Journal

Entry 6: Giratina

I took out my new Palkia and a Dialga to set out for Giratina. Stocked a bit more Pokeballs as I don't have much money. Once again, Amimi lead, this time being useful as Giratina doesn't have many moves. Sing made it through, and Shadow Ball 3 times brought it down to red.

5 Luxury Balls later it was mine. Talk about uneventful.

~End Day 2 of the Legendary Hunt~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Update

Travel Journal
    >
    Travel Journal

I love this guy.

Oh, and I guess I've been trying to DexNav for a good Shuppet, but after getting to lv.92 search level with no results and how annoying it is to find the thing in general I said **** it. I'm eyeing Spheal to be my last member anyway.

The badass squad right now:
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal
    Travel Journal

All around level 38. Except Marshtomp. He's just there.

Years
    I've been going around and rematching trainers for money. I'm also working at getting a level 100 Pokemon so I can catch Zekrom, and I've been trying to collect ribbons. My current team is:

Travel Journal
    (PersonalFowl) Lv. 86
    Travel Journal
    (Dwagie-Poo) Lv. 86
    Travel Journal
    (Chirpington) Lv. 87
    Travel Journal
    (Derp) Lv. 87
    Travel Journal
    (Pinecone Jr.) Lv. 89
    Travel Journal
    (Ahhhhhhhhhh!) Lv. 89

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I was extremely busy yesterday and couldn't really get the chance to upload my post for that day [technically the day prior], so here's both the day I missed and the latest one!

Day: 006

Today's first order of business is to head straight to the Gym and earn my 6th Gym Badge! I use the Devon Scope on the Kecleon that's blocking my path, causing it to flee, and I enter the Gym. I am very pleased to see the re-design be stay really true to the original, both in color and puzzle mechanics, all the while changing it up a bit and making the Sky theme fit nicely in combination with Fortree's forest-y environment. I battle my way through, having my Trapinch evolve on the way, and I face off against Winona! I earn the Feather Badge, having Grovyle evolve in the process, and then I head out to Route 120, yet another childhood-favorite area of mine [combined with Route 121]!

After going through most of Route 121, I stumble upon some Team Magma Grunts who are, quite loudly, mentioning their next destination: Mt. Pyre. I stop at Lilycove City first so I can Fly to it later and restock on some items. Once that is done I make my way towards Mt. Pyre! Before entering the cave I head down into Route 123 for a second. And, uneventfully, that ends up being the last thing I did. Didn't manage to play that much today, sadly, but what can you do? I save and then call it a night!

~My Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Day: 007

First thing I do after walking around in Route 123 is realize I can't really do much of anything, since I don't have a Pokémon with Cut on me. I turn around and decide to continue on to Mt. Pyre, making a mental note to return to Route 123 after I'm done with it. Although very simple, I really like the interior of Mt. Pyre. I've always been a fan of the ghost-themed areas in Pokémon games [Ghost being one of my two favorite types and all], and cemeteries are always treated so nicely in these games. I go through it until I start reaching the "Mt." part of Mt. Pyre and I also really like how well this exterior area was designed. The music all throughout has been really nice, too.

Once I'm further on top I find a line of Team Magma Grunts just begging to get their butts kicked, and who am I to deny them that? I fulfil their request, one-by-one, until I reach the top. When I get there I find Maxie stealing the Red Orb before he escapes, yelling out his next destination for some reason. I am asked to take the Blue Orb [which is an extremely interesting change, since in the original game you take the Red Orb when Maxie takes the Blue one], and then I'm off in pursuit of Team Magma. I arrive at Slateport City only to witness the robbery of the Submarine Explorer 1. I battle two Team Magma Grunts, but by the moment I'm done Tabitha and Maxie are already long gone. [Which, btw, is a very much appreciated change as this makes their getaway make more sense.] Before he left, however, Maxie was kind enough to let me know the location of their Hideout, a cave nearby Lilycove City.

Now, normally I would head over there immediately to go and proceed with the story. Thing is, however, I actually managed to get the Eon Ticket today! So, I pick up the ticket and then head on over to Norman, where he takes notice of the ticket and helps me reach Southern Island! I check to make sure I brought my Timid Synch Poké along with an unhealthy amount of Ultra Balls [which I did], save in front of Latias and get ready for some good ol' fashioned SR'ing.

I literally spent all day SR'ing for my Latias. I did not get to progress any farther in the story, but it was definitely worth it as I got an amazing IV spread on her. Wow. Ok, I am dead tired right now, so let's wrap this up! I managed to capture my perfect Latias, retrieve the Soul Dew from the ground and then I make my way back to Petalburg City. From here I fly back to Lilycove City, where I heal my Pokémon, reform my Part, save and then call it a night!

~My Current Team:
    Travel Journal

Sceptile Lvl. 44
    Timid @ Sceptilite
    Ability: Overgrow
    - Leaf Blade
    - Fury Cutter
    - Dual Chop
    - Grass Pledge

Travel Journal

Gallade Lvl. 43
    Jolly @ Metronome
    Ability: Steadfast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Rock Smash
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psycho Cut

Travel Journal

Manectric Lvl. 44
    Timid @ Manectite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    - Ice Fang
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch
    - Strength

Travel Journal

Aggron Lvl. 43
    Docile @ Aggronite
    Ability: Sturdy
    - Rock Slide
    - Secret Power
    - Iron Head
    - Surf

Travel Journal

Sharpedo Lvl. 43
    Adamant @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin
    - Crunch
    - Surf
    - Slash
    - Ice Fang

Travel Journal

Vibrava Lvl. 44
    Adamant @ Soft Sand
    Ability: Arena Trap
    - Uproar
    - Fly
    - Dragon Breath
    - Earthquake

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Defeated Wattson while still training a few pokemon, I'm going to head up towards Mt Chimney once I receive the Rock Smash HM.

Team:

Marshtomp Lv26
    Breloom Lv26
    Ponyta Lv24
    Kirlia Lv23
    Bagon Lv23

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Arrived in Mossdeep. After some exploration (dat space centre camera angle), I decided to check out Shoal Cave - it was high tide when I arrived, so I really only grabbed some Shoal Shells and left. I'll explore it in low tide after Wallace.
    Design-wise, Mossdeep Gym is my favourite - a definite improvement over the originals (and Emerald's redesign) imo. In any case, Tate & Liza were an interesting case, as their difficulty didn't drop despite my usage of mons with area-wide moves (Surf and Discharge); now this is what a gym battle should be. Take notes XY.
    Afterwards, I watched the Seafloor Cavern cutscene (I had to redo the gym battle twice because I just had to watch it more than once - I didn't save immediately after beating the twins) and obtained Dive from Steven.
    For the time being, I boxed Ninetales (via process of elimination) and took out a recently caught Wailmer as I didn't want to give Dive to Swampert.

I am now at the Seafloor Cavern, armed with a freshly evolved Metagross and ready to face Archie.

Current Team:
    • Swampert lv.42
    • Gallade lv.43
    • Manectric lv.41
    • Altaria lv.41
    • Metagross lv.45
    • Wailmer lv.30 (Temporary HM Slave)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back