• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News Trump has Covid 19

pkmin3033

I suppose it's a horrible thing to say, but this does feel like a very hefty dose of karma, considering some of the things Trump has said about coronavirus.

I would like to think that he will be more careful with his words when (or even if) he recovers, but somehow I doubt it. If anything if he recovers he will probably downplay covid as little more than a cold. I suppose we'll see. This will probably be more of a drama than when Boris had it though.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    You buy the ticket, you take the ride.

Trump is a 74-year-old man (220x higher risk of death than a person in mid-to-late-20s) who suffers from obesity (1.5x risk of death) and who never uses a mask (higher risk of a large viral intake, increasing the severity of the infection). Good luck to him.

I don't want to think about what would happen if he dies when millions of people have already voted though. That would be even more insane than this campaign is already being.

Years
    Trump knew the risks when he began traveling around the country wearing no masks, holding rallies with tens of thousands of people who also had none, especially after the unfortunate death of Herman Cain from Covid.

I feel worse for the first lady who got it, because I see her as mostly an unfortunate bystander in this whole fiasco.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    It's regrettable that anyone should contract COVID, but at the same time, I just can't work up an ounce of sympathy for Trump. I do feel sympathy for the First Lady. It just serves Trump right for treating this catastrophic virus like an overexaggerated cold. It breaks my heart when I think about how many people have died due to such ignorance... and from the people in power, no less. The people who could have taken action to prevent so many deaths if it weren't for their greed and foolishness.

I can only hope that this virus will enlighten Trump and make him take it seriously. However, I have little faith in that happening for the reasons Dawn already gave. :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    All I can say is thank god! I feel bad for the First Lady but I feel absolutely nothing for him. Mr. High and Mighty finally gets it and I know that sadly everyone will bend over backwards to tend to him.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I hope they both a smooth recovery. Disregarding his attitude sometimes, I still wish no harm on him as a person.

We are living through what will go down as a very historic year

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    It's regrettable that anyone should contract COVID, but at the same time, I just can't work up an ounce of sympathy for Trump. I do feel sympathy for the First Lady. It just serves Trump right for treating this catastrophic virus like an overexaggerated cold. It breaks my heart when I think about how many people have died due to such ignorance... and from the people in power, no less. The people who could have taken action to prevent so many deaths if it weren't for their greed and foolishness.

I can only hope that this virus will enlighten Trump and make him take it seriously. However, I have little faith in that happening for the reasons Dawn already gave. :/
    So much this, Trump now pays the price for not taking COVID-19 seriously.

Years
    Trump knew the risks when he began traveling around the country wearing no masks
    He knew the risks before the WHO even declared COVID-19 as a pandemic, yet downplayed them anyways.

Either way, karma is a bitch. I wish him and Melania well in their recovery, but perhaps with this, maybe he could show some class and not downplay it any further.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I wish him and Melania well in their recovery, but perhaps with this, maybe he could show some class and not downplay it any further.

Nah nothing's gonna change about his attitude towards the virus or his handling of it. He's not that kind of person.

Years
    The scariest part of this is that if Trump comes out of this okay, it just adds weight to the ridiculous rhetoric he's been vomiting out regarding the virus. Trump being okay here could easily lead to even more COVID deaths and if he makes it through but poorly, it could even give him grounds to screw with the election somehow possibly.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah that's the unfortunate thing with this. On the surface, covid-19 removing Trump from office for us sounds great, but if he dies from it, we get Pence until at least mid-January (so not really a better situation). If he survives it, then it'll be just like you said. It's so 2020 America really though, how there's no good outcome regardless of what happens.

Ivysaur

Years
    A million people have voted in the last 36 hours, with registered democrats outnumbering republicans 5:2. Trump is massively screwed in 95% of polls, and he's going to be out of the running for at least a week during the most decisive stretch of the campaign, as he has a fever so he's definitely symptomatic and a pretty risky patient at that. And this is going to make all the focus set on Covid, which is his weakest point and the one he desperately want people to look away from. I don't know how this can possibly help him.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    A million people have voted in the last 36 hours, with registered democrats outnumbering republicans 5:2. Trump is massively screwed in 95% of polls, and he's going to be out of the running for at least a week during the most decisive stretch of the campaign, as he has a fever so he's definitely symptomatic and a pretty risky patient at that. And this is going to make all the focus set on Covid, which is his weakest point and the one he desperately want people to look away from. I don't know how this can possibly help him.
    It's less that him surviving covid would help him specifically, and more that him surviving it would give fuel to the people not taking the pandemic seriously and thus worsening the situation in one of the countries hit the worst by the pandemic.

Ivysaur

Years
    It's less that him surviving covid would help him specifically, and more that him surviving it would give fuel to the people not taking the pandemic seriously and thus worsening the situation in one of the countries hit the worst by the pandemic.

Yeah, that would be a pretty terrible outcome. If he isn't dying, at least I hope he's seriously ill enough to prove Fox News watchers that it isn't a joke.

I was more replying to Pie's "screwing with the election".

Years
    Yeah, that would be a pretty terrible outcome. If he isn't dying, at least I hope he's seriously ill enough to prove Fox News watchers that it isn't a joke.

I was more replying to Pie's "screwing with the election".

Oh, I doubt that he could actually get anything changed, or though I will not be surprised if he tries. More I'm concerned about the aftermath when his base goes apeshit over the "unfair contest" or something. That being said though, it's the former part of my post that is my biggest concern here.

Back