• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 4 - Mario (+1) vs Zelda (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

There's just way too many games out there. And they're all competing for you time. <_<

Years
    Three 230's in a row :coolcat:
    the one above is 231, me thinks

Given that I can immediately hear baby Mario's crying again the moment I thought of those games I'd say it made quite an impression back then. 😏
    The moment the baby got 'detached' from Yoshi you had to endure that very loud crying for however long it took you to reclaim Mario... and if you didn't get it back before 30 second passed you'd lose iirc.
    Let's just say that I heard that sound a lot more than Navi's 'Hey listen'. 😔

As for Navi the only game I played that she seems to be in is Orcarina of Time, which is so long ago for me I don't remember much of it anyway. She probably was annoying, but I cant even be sure.
    The Zelda games I played the most are Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass and neither had Navi =3

Link's character sounds on the other hand I can confidently say that they've never bothered me at all =D
    The Mario version would be all the "woo, wahoo, Yippy" etc sound effects when jumping.
    I mean... why would those bother me? wouldn't it be far weirder or awkward if Mario and Link didn't make any noises while doing things? 🤔

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

This reminds me that the original Super Mario World for the SNES didn't have Mario making noises. But when they remade the games on the GBA they introduced voice lines whenever he picked up items and stuff.

Also, apparently SMW was originally supposed to be an NES game. But then they decided to make it an SNES launch title?

Years

I played a Smash on the N64.
    It didn't last long as my brother quickly lost interest in it, and playing by yourself against the cpu or simulating a second player bores fast.

Years

232. And, in SSBB, I once played Mario in a 2 minutes online match, and was not thrown out of the arena a single time, so there! ^^

I played a Smash on the N64.

I'm confused by the quote tbh. 🤔

You kinda make it sound like I was bragging or talking down about smash =O
    all I did was recall my interaction with the Smash franchise after seeing it mentioned in a post before mine xD

Years

I'm confused by the quote tbh. 🤔

You kinda make it sound like I was bragging or talking down about smash =O
    all I did was recall my interaction with the Smash franchise after seeing it mentioned in a post before mine xD

I quoted you with the intent of replying, but I forgot to. Sorry! XD
    I meant to say :
    N64... Ahh... All of these 2-4 players Goldeneye sessions!

Years
    the irony of Cooler commenting on miscounting when the post above him has a miscount lol
    (231 -> 233)

Mainly posted to fix the count but might as well show what I use as a nightlight/flashlight more or less:
    Spoiler:

It is quit excellent at navigating in the dark for me when I need to go to the toilet at night =D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back