• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Go do your work dang. I'm pretty sure we'll hit up both these guards and then either go heal or white out at Giovanni. We just lost Oddish to the first guard's Ekans. :| We're so underleveled. Good luck, Keeper!

he gon die

screenshot from GTS!
    Twitch Plays pokemon
    beautiful :')

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • They beat the first guard at the expense of Ratatta and Oddish. I'm sure Bird Jesus can sweep the next guard. Getting back to the PC to heal will take a while though. I'd rather they white against Giovanni first.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Me too tbh. Oh we lost Dux as well. :( You know, Drowzee would have been great for Rocket HQ if we managed to use him and not leave him so underlevelled. But ehh. I'm actually pretty confident about going up against Giovanni with Keeper and Bird Jesus.

WE'RE IN BATTLE WITH GIOVANNI GUYS OMG
    BIRD JESUS TOOK OUT ONIX
    BIRD JESUS TOOK OUT RHYHORN
    WE SWITCHED TO THE KEEPER
    THE KEEPER FAINTED
    NEED TO HIT KANGA ONCE
    BIRD JESUS DOWN TO 1 HP

WE'RE DOWN

MOTHER♥♥♥♥ER

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • They used Whirlwind! Lmao I almost lost it. They were one Gust/Quick Attack away from winning. There was a 2/3 chance of picking the right attack.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • SAND ATK WAS OUT OF PP
    GUST AND QUICK ATK WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT DOWN
    THEY HAD THREE SHOTS TO DO IT

THEY USED WHIRLWIND

IM SO UPSET GUYS WE WERE SO CLOSE :( :( :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Brawlrooster: left
    Fenrirzz: down
    Killzonez3: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つANARCHY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つANARCHY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つANARCHY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Ajlaroya: democracy
    Mirandacosgrove420: blumpkin
    Comeonandsam: anarchy
    Deshoqub: b

So I guess we're going to spend about an hour trying to get back to Giovanni. Although we're currently trying to teach everyone in the party Horn Drill again. I checked into tumblr and it's basically just a succession of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

My god. This is seriously stressful. I need to go watch something else for a while. -____-

Here's a good updates twitter if y'all wanna follow or check in with that. They update progress and rt things like:

"So, I must say, I am impressed you got here." - Giovanni, probably at his most relevant in 15 years of playthroughs #twitchplayspokemon

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • This is the best thing to ever happen to the internet.

Giovanni Battle, take 1 (art by Kylee-nim)

Twitch Plays pokemon

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • There was not even a reason to go to democracy this time :( We're not supposed to be in the spin tiles; we're supposed to be in the elevator. :|

It's okay tho anarchy is about to take control again. Then we'll hang out in the elevator for about half an hour.

That article just looks like a series of headlines. And hella awkward lmao we can tell u dont get it.

[screencap of movie 1]
    "Pokémon was even made into a film."

LMFAO

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I am screaming at these memes and that GTS trade oh my god. Simply the best. I think I might go look for one later. Or make some...yeeeah, make some Charmeleon. Good wording there.

Years
  • I just read about the Giovanni battle and the selection of whirlwind, another great tale to add to the collection I guess.

As someone who sees occasional use of democracy as the only way forward and also as someone who thinks Omanyte is 1000000x worse than Kabuto, I guess I'm a heretic in the twitch fanbase.

BBC's (very awkward) article on the channel. "One day, you'll tell your kids about the day when Twitch played pokémon".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26240191

Thanks for that, Went. I was waiting for when a noteworthy news source would do an article on it. I shall now read.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I wonder how this'll affect Pokemon as a franchise. I've already seen a few people comment on how they never really took the time to check out Pokemon, but that the stream has tempted them to try, and it'd be awesome of this actually brought more people to the franchise. And with the amount of people who have no idea where they have to go, I reckon those few people who've told about it may not be the only ones :p

I think most people in the stream are current or old fans though, so doubt it'd have the huge impact. Could be cool though ;p

Also @that article, I really dislike it when people tackle subjects that they have no knowledge about. It's clear not much research was put into that article. And the part about the movie; priceless haha.

Now there's a poll on whether the stream should be taken down or not;

https://strawpoll.me/1180301/r

wat why? What reason could anyone have for having the stream taken down? We've been torturing Red too much and killed innocent Pokemon? That's all a part of life :(

Last edited:
    Back