• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uno, Dos, Tres

Which is your favorite?

• [title=Articuno][img]https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/144.png[/img][/title]

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • [title=Zapdos][img]https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/145.png[/img][/title]

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • [title=Moltres][img]https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/146.png[/img][/title]

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • tumblr_mgfvnkpo491r72ht7o1_500.gif

About 20 years ago, people's minds were blown when they realized that the legendary birds of Kanto were giving us Spanish counting lessons- Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Sure, there was no Psycuatro or Toxcinco to keep the theme going, but those original three birds were still pretty cool.

That said though, which of the Kanto legendary birds is your favorite?

Last edited:
    Years
  • man, if you were to ask a younger version of myself this very question like a couple of years ago, i would've said Zapdos. nowadays though? Articuno is my favourite because i love ice types, although it's my favourite by a hair.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Articuno is so incredibly majestic and it is perhaps one of my favourite legendaries! Moltres is elegant as well although I'm rather impartial towards Zapdos.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Articuno was the only one who lived to its title in the Lugia movie.

* The only one to not take direct (or indirect) fire from Lawrence.
    * Did not get caught.
    * The first one to land an attack on Lugia. And manages to trap Lugia with that move.
    * When Lugia returns their combined attacks, Articuno takes the combo to the chest and doesn't even flinch, like a boss.
    * Only went down after having to fight Lawrence, the other two birbs and Lugia, and only by taking a full bolt to the back.
    * He's so bulky that when he went down he crashed into his altar and moved it somewhere else.
    * Majestic scene of him flying set against the Sun.
    * Chirps cute.

MVP totally. Articuno is best birb. Also "uno" in Glorioso Español is one, like, the one and only, the first, the best, the top.

Years
  • Articuno's easily my number one, followed in order by Zapdos and Moltres. At one point when I was younger Zapdos was my number one, but that was mainly because I was bored of Pikachu in Yellow, haha

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Articuno hands down. Always thought it was such a pretty bird and like what was said in a post above it in the movie is great. The chirps especially.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Articuno is an important member of my experimental ice monotype team. So, obviously, Moltres.

Come on, you thought I was being serious? Nope, Articuno all the way!!

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Articuno. It's very elegant and has a beautiful design.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Moltres, honestly. I've always preferred it over the two. I like giant fiery birds, what can I say?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Articuno for the color and typing.

I don't care much for Moltres. On my first Pokemon game as a little kid I used Articuno and Zapdos, but even back then I boxed Moltres.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I didn't like moltres. but I liked zapdos and articuno. It's a difficult decision, but I like articuno a bit more. However when in a competition I would chose Zapdos.

Back