• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Version Exclusive Pokémon, New Features Revealed in New Sun/Moon Trailer

blue

gucci
Years
  • It could just be me, but does anyone else feel that Passimian and Oranguru, despite being different animals, might share a pre-evolution? They both have similar colors and markings (white/gray/black, orange markings/spots, both have a leaf motif), and both are version exclusives.

I think they will just be version exclusives, similarly to how Lunatone & Solrock are for Sapphire and Ruby respectively.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I'm also kind of getting irrationally triggered by people saying that customization/no hats are now confirmed.

But it is confirmed for both Male and Female I am pretty sure. I know for a fact it is confirmed for female as there are parts of the trailer that show no hats and the female character walks out of the dressing room without a hat in the Japanese trailer.

If that is what is getting you annoyed that people are assuming no hats. But it is confirmed.

Years
  • It could just be me, but does anyone else feel that Passimian and Oranguru, despite being different animals, might share a pre-evolution? They both have similar colors and markings (white/gray/black, orange markings/spots, both have a leaf motif), and both are version exclusives.

I think they're just going to be standalones with no evolution lines.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think they're just going to be standalones with no evolution lines.

I don't know if they are stand alones. I think they both have a pre evolution that are different. As far as I can remember, it is very rare for us to have version exclusives with no pre evolution or evolution. And they usually have 1 evolution. (Not including Legends for obvious reasons)

Years
  • I don't know if they are stand alones. I think they both have a pre evolution that are different. As far as I can remember, it is very rare for us to have version exclusives with no pre evolution or evolution. And they usually have 1 evolution. (Not including Legends for obvious reasons)

We actually have had some version exclusives that are standalones, such as Sableye/Mawile, Zangoose/Seviper and Lunatone/Solrock. There's also Pinsir and Heracross which have sometimes also received such treatment (notably in X/Y).

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • But it is confirmed for both Male and Female I am pretty sure. I know for a fact it is confirmed for female as there are parts of the trailer that show no hats and the female character walks out of the dressing room without a hat in the Japanese trailer.

If that is what is getting you annoyed that people are assuming no hats. But it is confirmed.

The point was that people have called this confirmed about 5 different times now. It was confirmed the first time, in the first trailer when the boy's shirt changed.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I'm really with today's news! I absolutely LOVE that rugby monkey!!
    The only thing I regret is that Rockruff's evolution doesn't evolve depending on the time of day.. Version exclusive evolutions is original though, I hope the starters will get the same treatment.

The more it goes, the more it feels like I'll buy both versions ahah, that'd be a first for me!

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Got to wonder whether Oranguru's instruct works on Z-Moves, because it would be crazy if it did. (Potentially 4x stat boost for eevee in that case) Even if it isn't, Oranguru's going to have a field day in Doubles teaming with mega kangaskhan.

Lycanroc Midday seems to be better with its access to a priority rock move - all that was siad about night form was counter, which is not a new move nor is it used commonly.

I like that there's more options for trainer customization. Being able to change hair and eye colour is nice.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Alright so we finally have the official reveal of customization =)

I am confused about Lycanrock though. I thought that Rockruff's evolution was dependent on the time of day it undergoes evolution, but here they make it seem like Rockruff will always evolve into Midday form in Sun regardless of the time, and into Midnight form in Moon regardless of the time. Which is it?

I'm fine with either form really, i just want to understand how it works.

It could very well be that these abilities were designed for Doubles only and are useless in Singles, much Florges's abilities.

This is why getting lucanrock's info was good. One line of coro coro said they were version exclusive, and the other said they are time exclusive. Now we know the are version exclusive. Which if the starters share the same secret, that means version exclusive starter evolutions....

And it's really interesting that oranguru have allegedly been sighted using pokeballs. Does this mean they capture other mons?

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I really Passimian and Oranguru! Their designs are perfect. I like how they look realistic and like the original animal, but are also so Pokemon-ish. The way Passimian holds the ball like a sports player is so cute and Oranguru looks wise x3

Also, the Pikachu and Eevee Z moves are adorable. However, based on what they showed during the move (all Eeveelutions lending power to Eevee), I guess it is confirmed that there will be no new Eeveelution in this generation.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • the rugby monkey is more of a lemur, and honestly I like it a lot more because of that

I suppose this does confirm some things, and man am I glad I went with Rowlet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I love Eevee's Z-move. It's kinda like a mini mega evolution, in a way. And it was really cute to see the whole Eeveelution family come together to help the littlest sibling :3
    I was really expecting Z-moves to just be super attacks, but with Eevee's being a big stat boost instead a lot of possible doors could be open.

Really hoping that the starters don't have evolutions tied to which game you get like Lycanroc's are. I really wish Rockruff evolved based on time of day, instead. A small letdown, there.

And I'm calling it right now. There will be an episode in the anime about an Oranguru with a team of its own Pokémon. Not that I even watch the anime, so I'll never know if I'm right or not...

Years
  • You know what I think of Eevee Z-Move? Circle Throw, Psyche Up, Roar, Dragon Tail, any move to make into my advantage. Yeah, it's pretty cool! Cool enough to Topsy-Turvy it. Talk about a double-edge sword am I right?

Now for Lycanroc's Midday Form sound so clean. I want this Pokemon, I want to FAINT Talonflame. I really hope it this move and Lycanroc's stats are enough to be the anti-Talonflame. I dislike that bird with a passion.

Lycanroc's Midnight form is a disappointment. It looks so cool, but it has the lamest abilities, the lamest move demonstration by far. I hope it has a cool Hidden Ability + Stats. PLEASE! Let it have something unique.

Passimian and Oranguru they're both great tag team players. They're AMAZING I love them both. Passimian will definitely be on my double team though. I hope it Passimian learns OHKO so I can use Mega Pidgeot as faint fodder.

I LOVE Lunala and different time situation for it, but now I'm leaning over to Pokemon Sun because of Passimian, I really hope someone can catch and trade me a 100% legit one. > - <

Years
  • These version exclusive primates are pretty cool. I am not a fan of most fighting types but Passimian is less focused on muscles and hand-to-hand combat and moreso on athleticism. I'd like to see more athletes like a gymnast, figure skating, and baseball. Not to mention, we have yet to have a lemur, which is pretty amazing. I'd give the design a solid 8.75/10.

As for Oranguru, it has a seemless name and design. I have been waiting for something like a shaman pokemon for a long time now. It's soft white fur and vibrant purple coat with orange and blue accents, alongside the piercing orange/blue eyes and star-like diamond forehead crest looks magical. In addition, it actually looks like more anatomical than most pokemon (without looking bland). The same goes for Passimian. I'd give it 9.5/10.

I already said my thought on the forms of Lycanroc. I would rate midday form as 9.75/10 and midnight form as 8.5/10.

These are pretty close to perfect designs all around! This was exciting because I haven't been particularly enthused by some of the new pokemon reveals since Palossand, Turtonator and Crawbrawler hit the scene in late August.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You know what I think of Eevee Z-Move? Circle Throw, Psyche Up, Roar, Dragon Tail, any move to make into my advantage. Yeah, it's pretty cool! Cool enough to Topsy-Turvy it. Talk about a double-edge sword am I right?

Now for Lycanroc's Midday Form sound so clean. I want this Pokemon, I want to FAINT Talonflame. I really hope it this move and Lycanroc's stats are enough to be the anti-Talonflame. I dislike that bird with a passion.

Lycanroc's Midnight form is a disappointment. It looks so cool, but it has the lamest abilities, the lamest move demonstration by far. I hope it has a cool Hidden Ability + Stats. PLEASE! Let it have something unique.

Passimian and Oranguru they're both great tag team players. They're AMAZING I love them both. Passimian will definitely be on my double team though. I hope it Passimian learns OHKO so I can use Mega Pidgeot as faint fodder.

I LOVE Lunala and different time situation for it, but now I'm leaning over to Pokemon Sun because of Passimian, I really hope someone can catch and trade me a 100% legit one. > - <

I could get you a Passimian as I plan to get Sun ;). I am not a hacker, nor would I hack the fun away from the experience even if I knew how to, so you can be sure it'll be 100% percent legit ^_^.

I think that Passimian's best partner might end up being Shedinja :3.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Oh boy... I was so busy today that I actually forgot about the new trailer and only had the chance to watch it at 22:30 PM! I liked this trailer, and as I thought, there weren't any huge reveals, but they were still awesome! Now my thoughts:

I love the two new Pokémon, but I kinda prefer Passimian over Oranguru! Looks like the Rugby "monkey" Pokémon which looks more like a lemur ir real after all! I love it's design and it's typing, and that it represents a rugby player, not exaggerating on muscles and such. I'd love to get my hands on one, but unfortunately I'll only have the chance to capture Oranguru (on Moon verion), which I'm not very fond of. Maybe it wil grow on me, like others ^^ And there's no problem of wanting Passimian, since a friend of mine will be playing through Sun and I might trade with him =D Passimain and Oranguru's abilities are pretty useful in double battles, but I can't see any advantage in single battles. Anyways, really liked these new Pokémon!

So we actually got some gameplay footage of Lycanroc (strange name huh?). As I've already mentioned in another thread, I prefer Midnight form way better than its Midday form, so I'm pretty happy I'm picking Moon! Lycanroc's Midnight form's animations look AMAZING! It looks insane and it's cry is awesome! I love how it kinda teases the foe too ^^ Why is it only a rock-type though? WHAT? I would really love having a Dark-type on my team, since I don't use Rock-types that often :/ But it's alright ^^

I'm glad we saw some real confirmation of character costumization in Sun and Moon! It's really a nice touch to the games, and I'm excited since it looks like it'll be an "upgraded" version of XY's costumization feature! Can't wait to have white hair >.< I'm really happy Pokémon Amie, which is now called Pokémon Refresh, is coming back, with some few new features and adjustments! I can see them getting rid of PokéPuffs, since it doens't look to "Alolian", but they added some other cool features so yeah, I'm pretty pleased with what we have!

And now.... the new exclusive Z-moves for Pikachu and Eevee! Of course there would be a Z-move for the mascot of Pokémon! The animation looks SO CUTE OMFG!!!! I love how it says "Pika" while "dancing", and the way they hug *-* I liked it! And omg Eevee's Z-move is SCARY and cute at the same time! And it's the first time we saw a Z-move not dealing damage to our opponent. Instead, we saw Eevee got ultra buffed! Was I the only one who thought Eevee's Z-move animation was too damn long though? Anyways, we saw more gen 1 Pokémon with exclusive Z-moves. Are there really going to be specific Z-moves for Kanto 'mons only? (I know we got Alolan Raichu's Z-move, but it's still a Raichu) Not that I'm against it, but I'm likely not going to have any gen 1 Pokémon on my team... Not even Alola forms haha :P That's ok though ^^ Really loved the Z-moves!

Probably worth noting that, as zoroarkrules stated, assuming the starters get Day/Night forms as well, that chances are, they'll be version exclusive much like Lycanroc.

OMG that would be so bad, 'cause I've already pre-order Moon xD Oh god... I hope that doesn't end up happening!

Back