• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Version Exclusive Pokémon, New Features Revealed in New Sun/Moon Trailer

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Does anyone else think that Pikachu and Eevee getting Z moves shown off in the same trailer is a reference to Pokemon Yellow? Funny enough that same day we got news about the VC and Pokebank.

Years
  • Anyone think of this when they saw Eevee's z-move?

Version Exclusive Pokémon, New Features Revealed in New Sun/Moon Trailer
    Version Exclusive Pokémon, New Features Revealed in New Sun/Moon Trailer

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think what I like the most about Pokemon Refresh is that it seems to just about perfectly capture the concept of really taking care and grooming your own Pokemon.

Presumbly you'll still be able to feed them and the like, which would make this like an upgraded version of Amie.

It sure does seem like a better Amie ^_^.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • This was a pretty disappointing news drop IMO. Half of it basically focused on returning features from XY, not sure why they decided to put them in a late September trailer, that's 2 months before release, and not one of the earlier ones?
    They easily could have had these features in an earlier trailer, and kept off of some of the Pokemon reveals and put them in this one. It just felt wasteful dedicating half a trailer to a game coming out in 2 months to two features we basically already knew about anyway.

In saying that, I don't really like the Pokemon at all. Midday Rockruff evo is probably my favorite, then followed by Lemur monkey (which I don't even really like). The Orangutan doesn't really do anything for me, and Midnight Rockruff evo just looks like a joke. It looks more like a comic relief clown than an actual werewolf.
    I'm also not a fan of them just throwing the Normal typing onto Pokemon? Maybe when we know it's moveset I'll be less annoyed, since Gen 6 they've just thrown the Normal type onto Pokemon that don't really need it (Litleo and Helioptile lines), this just feels like another case of them doing that. If the other one was Normal/Fighting I'd understand it more, but it isn't so it just looks weird?

Refresh looks alright tho, much more improved than it was in XY/ORAS. Don't even remember what else was in the trailer because that's how little I cared.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I didn't love the monkey Pokemon at first but they've grown on me. Not sure if I'm going to use them, but they're one of those Pokemon that I might in the future, and that I definitely can accept as a Pokemon.

I know Serebii says that Instruct tells the Pokemon to use the last move it used again, but the game trailer made it seem like the orangutan picks the move for the Pokemon? It said "Wishiwashi used the move [the orangutan] instructed it to!" which makes it seem like it's more of you can pick another move for it to use. I think this would be pretty cool. Like you can use Swords Dance and then have Instruct make your Pokemon use a physical move. Pretty cool.

LOVE Rockruff's evolutions, but I already said that in another thread. Adding Midday Rockruff to my Sun team, and considering Midnight Rockruff for my Moon team. The Z-moves look alright. The Eevee one looks broken as hell, and Catastropika looks cute as hell. I love it (hence signature).

And AWWW YEAH customization is back. Was hinted at during the Nintendo Treehouse Live, and finally confirmed. I love the options we've seen so far.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Gotta say bobthepeach, that was a rather interesting perspective. Is there something in particular that you're looking for in the following news reveals? I've noticed that in almost each and every single one of these reveals that you mention you're disappointed but I'm not quite sure what you'd be expecting that would be to your expectations?

Sure, there'll be a few disappointing announcements here and there in Pokemon gaming, that's reality. But it really gets me curious when people have such stringent expectations as to bet let down by every news reveal without revealing much of what they'd want, haha.

I don't really have expectations, but logically speaking, it makes sense to me that with each news reveal, they should get better and better. Personally I don't think it's a good idea for something to be hyped one month, then go down the next month, and then go back up again. I prefer the hype to be built up over time, gradually getting better with each reveal.
    It just makes me feel like I'm wasting my time. Like every news reveal I basically sit there before like "should I just go to sleep, is this even going to be worth it?", because they're always hit or miss. Whereas if they kept building it up with each reveal, I'd not even question going to sleep.
    Obviously, that's just me but I just don't think it's a good marketing strategy to include two returning/revamped features in a trailer 2 months before release, when they should have been in a trailer months ago, and saved this spot for more new stuff.

Years
  • Version Exclusive Pokémon, New Features Revealed in New Sun/Moon Trailer

I know this was a random Tumblr user playing around with colors, but who thinks this would be a good idea for a shiny Midnight Lycanroc?

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I know Serebii says that Instruct tells the Pokemon to use the last move it used again, but the game trailer made it seem like the orangutan picks the move for the Pokemon? It said "Wishiwashi used the move [the orangutan] instructed it to!" which makes it seem like it's more of you can pick another move for it to use. I think this would be pretty cool. Like you can use Swords Dance and then have Instruct make your Pokemon use a physical move. Pretty cool.
    It's from the official website:
    Instruct is a move that only Oranguru can learn. It can make the selected target use its most recent move again immediately.
    Being able to tell the target what move to make without any limitations... I can see that being incredibly OP, so I'm glad the move is the way it is.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like both of Lycanroc's forms' designs. Since I'll be getting Moon, I'll end up with the midnight form, which may not be the best choice for a competitive standpoint, as its midday form gets the neat priority Rock attack.

On the other hand, Oranguru is interesting, as it's a nice support Pokemon in VGC/doubles matches. I do like its design as well; the fan made out of leaves and its fur is a nice touch. But I'm also sick of the Harambe memes relating to it; those memes were never funny in the first place.

Passimian does confirm another part of the Chinese leak in that there's a rugby monkey (technically a football lemur). I was surprised that it's as tall as the average adult human instead of the 1-2 feet that real life lemurs are.

Years
  • Really curious as to what makes Lycanroc's Midnight form standout from its Midday form. Not gonna lie, Counter is a really disappointing distinction in itself, so I'm hoping it excels in some area that the Midday form doesn't.

I could see a possible stat difference between the two. Midday Form I could see focusing more on Speed, while Midnight Form focuses on Attack.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm seriously confused as to why they just didn't give midnight form a new rock type move like they did with midday. We're already lacking in decent physical and special based rock type moves, to give midnight form counter kinda feels like it got the short end of the stick?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Interesting that Midday gets a priority Rock-type attack and Midnight gets an attack that goes second in turn. Could have something to do with the energy of day or something, and idk the reactiveness of night? Though a Rock-type attack that is more powerful when used second in battle would've been more interesting than Counter imo, and still serve the same purpose (if they are going for a first/last thing in relation to day/night).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Soo I read in the official description that Oranguru can maybe use Poke Balls? Can we please battle one in the game?? As much as it kind of freaks me out to battle a Pokemon like that, would maybe be interesting.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    All im thinking about is oranguru with something like a Toxicroak with dry skin and a pokemon with surf ^^. Triple battle fun much?

man if toxicroak could learn surf all id have is 3 of them for a triple battle....lolz.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I think that "use pokéballs" is related to inteligence of the pokemon, not what it can actually do ingame. But... if he can throws pokeballs, it should just replicate the action of the player, so, thats could be nice if you want to catch 2 pokes in same battle... *thinking...*. *thinking...*

Back