• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    That is disguising they shouldn't be allowed to play Pokemon if they're gonna bring math into it :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm pretty sure I just had a sense of deja-vu with those last two posts.......

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Doesn't mean we have to like it??? 'sides mechanics aside Ev training you don't have to know that much math to really get it. Just simple math haha.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

heck the most math I'd do in Pokemon is how many Potions I can buy with this much money(and eafter gen i that was fixed!) and how many more levels I need to train til the next badge!

Years

Ah I forgot one more math. My favorite math!

Counting Shiny chains in Platinum. Counting encounters, and the probability for the next one. Also number of repels used while chaining. Ah, I wish irl Math was as fun as Pokemon math.

Dedenne1

Years
    I'll agree with Sven I used to do that a lot outside of that route next to jubilife city trying to find a cool shiny. Only got 2 but had a veryyy long chain :P

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Years

Once Im dont with Black Im going back to Platinum and shiny chaining. Im actually really good. Which is good, cos it makes up for the fact that I've never seen a wild shiny.

I still have a Shiny Metagross which was one of about 10+ Shiny Beldums ^^
    Also Shiny Pocchy and few Electrikes. Really proud of my skills ^^

Dedenne1

Years
    Lol Sven
    Math in Pokemon is only worth it when you are looking for a shiny.
    But I don't hunt that much anymore I mostly trade :P

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I'm really bad at chaining in Y and AS, is it easier in Plat? :0 The bests I've done was getting a shiny Vulpix in AS while getting Charcoals from them and a Skrelp and Shelder from chain fishing in Y.

Years

I dont know how reliable my assessment is to be honest. At first it's hard cos there are some rules that are to be followed, but after a while it became like a sudoku to me. If you follow the rules correctly and are patient enough, there is always at least 80% chance the chain will continue. Its really fun for me too, you get to know some parts and routes of the game a lot more, and idk, it beomces a lot more personal. its not just "that route". Its the freakin' route where you caught something really cool.

Ooooh I also forgot my Shiny Eevee (18th chain ^^ ), now Shiny Umbreon :D

Anyway, I suggest going through some youtube and written tutorials. its not too hard, but not entirely too easy either. :D

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I feel ashamed of myself for not knowing what shiny chaining is... ~_~ (But again, I'm pretty out-of-the-loop with the main series games. xD)

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    32 33

All the shinies I've ever gotten are legit ones, I've never even tried chaining. I know how it works but I never felt like doing it.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I've only played Platinum on a rom, sadly. I wish Diamond had the chain thingy. -sigh- I guess I have Y to practice on.

(corrected)
    It's when you use a machine and repeatedly knock out Pokemon. Each time you knock out the same pokemon, it increases the chain by one, thus increasing your chance of finding a shiny. If you find a different pokemon, the chain breaks and you have to start over >.<

I read this at first like you were saying "pick up this large machine and throw it at random pokemon of the same species". Well then I'm telling N. also dont worry last night I wrote 39 or aomething on a 23 or something last night

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back