• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Each gen I have a game that I never restart and a game that I restart whenever I feel like it. Sixth gen made me restarting my games even easier because I can easily stick the Pokemon I want to keep in Pokebank and restart unlike in the past when I had to trade them over before restarting. So .... I personally don't have a problem with it. Not anymore when I do and usually get a second copy of a Gen Game.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Yep! It's not like Pokemon Ranch where only that one game file can take out Pokemon you put in. Put your Pokemon into Pokebank and you can take 'em out through any other game. 'Course you can't keep the items that have or store eggs but that's all right.

magicarp4thewin

Lv19 Magikarp, wonder what happens next?
    Years
    I can't tell you how many times I've reset the game to get shiny legendaries such as mewtwo, wish I would've known this little piece of information before I restarted it lol

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Ah, so that's a Nuzlocke! The concept of actual death seems pretty interesting, and I can already see that making the game a lot more difficult.

As for Pokémon Bank, am I really reading right?! So you can put in Pokémon from any number of different games that you want, and then you can move them out to any single game without restrictions? If so, I may have actually underestimated it all this time!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It does! And since you don't really pick your teammates it makes it even more interesting. Well, at least the first few times. After a while you'll end up with the same Pokemon again and again hahah. It's funny because I used to avoid the idea of Nuzlockes because I didn't like the permadeath idea but after I finished my first one I enjoy them a lot more. ♥

And yeah, that's right! I tested it out when I wanted to restart my Y but didn't have any means of trading. But I had Pokebank so I put them in there and whaddya know, I could take them out in X! Since then I've boxed plenty of Pokemon from Y into Pokebank and I've used the bank to transfer Pokemon from one game to another for things like breeding.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Oh Nuzlockes? I also used to avoid them for the whole permadeath thing, but eventually decided to try one. First one was FRLG and after the first Gym I lost a whole bunch of Pokemon, only surviving die to learning a Level 7 Mankey was super effective to a Level 14 Onix and kill it using Karate Chop. :I Gave that up....
    The most successful I've had was an Italian Cristallo Version that I actually almost beat the Johto half of, but alas it was on a tablet emulator and said tablet broke. ;_;
    As once said by a famous Pokemon anime character: "Before I face a Gym I get pumped and my hands get sweaty and I get so excited!"
    I dunno Ash said something like that once. :P

Worst Nuzlocke feeling ever: LOSING YOUR STARTER WHEN YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'll be honest and say that I would probably never be able to pull off doing a Nuzlocke on a gen game older than sixth gen because I hate grinding and doing a nuzlocke in those games would require it. Meanwhile in sixth it at least has a EXP. Share. Cheap I know, but it doesn't matter as long as I'm enjoying it, right?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    68. ninja'd (cue Sonic yelling "YOU'RE TOO SLOW")

Hmm, quite the interesting stuff here! Heck, this might actually give me a reason to start picking up my old Pokémon games from previous generations again, considering I've got nothing to lose by resetting them.

Regarding Pokémon Bank, wow. That kinda makes me wish it was released as a one-time transaction (since I generally prefer to stay away from subscriptions), but I guess it's still definitely worth the cost nonetheless!

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

I can't do Nuzlockes. I get very attached to my Pokemon and I can't bear releasing them. They're also quite difficult; I like to take things casually xD

Years

^ Pretty much this. I hate rushing through the game. The only ime I can see myself rushing through the game is once I get Diamond or Pearl so I can get to the part I can tweak to get Darkrai and Shaymin, that's all.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Knowing me, the first death of a nuzlocke would probably end with me still using pokemon that are supposedly dead and tearful goodbyes as I release Rattatas caught on the first route. ... yeah I'm good at nuzlockes :(

I haven't played D/P since I got Platinum before them and never really saw the need to get them as well. I did end up breaking my game trying to walk through walls to the area where Shaymin's encountered though. oops 8)

Years

Lol true that. I'd probably just pretend nothing happened and keep using the Pokebuds.

I dont think you can use the tweaking glitch in Platinum though.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    I can't bear releasing them either, I just permabox them. XD I never reset my games, don't have PokeBank either, so I just play on emulator and use the fastforward button to speed through grinding. 'w'

Lol I heard about tweaking, wanted to try it but I'm too scared of my game ending up broken. :/

Winter

Years

Seeing 'emulators' reminded me of that one time I was doing an Emerald challenge using an emulator. I was all the way nearing the E4 when I forgot to save. I lost motivation to continue all the way from the fourth gym.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Know the feeling! Played from about sixth gym to the champion, stuffed the final battle and thought that I saved so I'd reset the game. Turned out my last saving point was before the sixth gym battle and had a brief 'asdfgkl' moment before coming back to my file a year later. And now I save if something remotely important even happens, ayy.

Grinding's boring! I still do it because I like having overleveled pokemon so go figure, I guess? I usually just watch TV or multitask whilst I grind and that seems to make things go faster. Spamming spacebar works too!

The tweaking glitch's super cool though its not something I'd ever do myself. Seems like a ton of effort to get Darkrai though I'm still amazed people can uncover this sort of stuff. :D

blue

gucci
    Years

I found a shiny on an emulator once, but obviously I couldn't transfer it. That was actually the only time I've ever found a shiny without any cheats, other than one time in Diamond. ;_;

Years

Aslan yeah, same thing, I mean, not only did they discover it, but they actually figured how many steps EXACTLY is needed to get to those two Pokemon? and we're not talking 2 or 3, we are talking about exactly like 75234 lol. I love it.
    I get the fear, that's exactly why I'll be buying Diamond/Pearl exactly for that purpose. Plus possible future challenges or if I want more Giratinas and stuff :D

I stopped playing emulators when I started buying cartridges, it just feels so much better. Emulators seem kinda "cheap", so to say.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    I do like the real copies of games better but I can't take the pressure of 'delete your save game and lose your previous team for a new game' just because. I usually only get the games I'mve played anyways, like how I have a real copy of Sapphire, so that's usually my goto Hoenn game. Although I did get both Plaintum and Pearl(Italian Perla) roms when I own Diamond irl....

Maybe I should get another Sinnoh game just for Shaymin tweaking. >w>

Winter

Years

I can't be bothered to do all the tweaking and whatnot. It's too much effort and very complicated for me. |D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back