• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

I'm sorry, I don't have a lot to say about XY, since I haven't played them yet and I'm still trying to keep myself somewhat spoiler free. (Those spoiler tags are really appreciated, Astinus! :)) From what I've seen they're mostly graphically focused though, so that might have had some negative effect on the story part.

Okay, part two of this post is some shameless advertising, sorry for that. But hey, look! There's some super cool contest going on right now! You should all check it out!

Years
  • 113 Yeah they probably wanted to focus on making the graphics, as a lot of the characters (Save for Korrina and Sycamore) are kinda...dull? I liked gen 5 where you met all the leaders and stuff.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

The Fifth Generation games definitely have my favorite storyline. Between Plasma, N, and how developed the rest of the characters are. Like Hades said, the Gym Leaders and rivals were pretty great in those games.

Okay, part two of this post is some shameless advertising, sorry for that. But hey, look! There's some super cool contest going on right now! You should all check it out!
    You're welcome for the spoilers! It took me forever to get through Y, and I figure that there are plenty of others who have never played those games or took their time like I did.

And you should post that thread in the What's the Buzz thread in City Hall! That'll help it get attention!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

X and Y didnt take me too long since I found the storyline so intriguing unlike ORAS where it literally took me more than a month to finish since it was ehhhhhh. I think my fastest runthrough was Black and White there was so many new pokemon to learn and moves to use and the storyline was kinda like Idk suspenseful? Idk i finished that in less than 2 days and didnt wanna do anything else but play that game haha.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

XY were really underwhelming stories compared to the Gen 5 games especially the first Black and White games. Even the Champion got little to no characterisation in XY.

The Gym Leaders played a reasonably large role in the Gen 5 games and Ghetsis was the most clearly evil villain in the series.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

I agree with the ORAS statement that it was kinda dull. It had its moments that were cool but looking back it was kinda boring. I mainly finished it so fast because A. I love the series and immerse yself in each game the first time I play it and B I was able to use Pokemon I normally don't use thanks to the EXP Share

As for XY, I can only hope they do something to expand the plot in Sun and Moon like they did BW2 as I feel there is a lot more they could have done to make the games a lot more interesting. As some have speculated, maybe we will be able to visit Kalos and that will have its own minor plot line at the end that could tie some loose ends up?

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years

Well, since I first heard of Pokemon in the fourth generation, and started playing it in the fifth, I've never played the third generation; but after I beat Alpha Sapphire, I played it again, and it wasn't as interesting. Whereas X, I'm on my fourth run, and still loving it!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Dang, I still haven't played OR/AS, though I sadly can't say I'm that interested. :c

While X/Y's story might not have been as fleshed out as B/W's, I still reeeeeally enjoyed the actual gameplay mechanics!

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years

At least XY didn't have those BW level spikes! I walked into a house once, and there was Cynthia, the champion. The internet warned me about this, so I tried to leave, but she used her NPC psychic powers to keep me from leaving. I started spamming the A button to try and cut through the dialogue, and accidentally accepted her challenge... Anyway, she had a level 75 Garchomp as her first Pokémon. My strongest Pokémon barely turned level 56.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I tried to leave, but she used her NPC psychic powers to keep me from leaving.

omg, this is literally the PERFECT description, haha.

Back then, I remember thinking I could save the game before fighting the Champion in Kanto, but nope. He forces you to walk up to him and starts the battle immediately when you enter the room, which will probably make you regret not saving in Lance's room. :p

I started spamming the A button to try and cut through the dialogue, and accidentally accepted her challenge...

Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back