• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

were you bullied in school

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
  • If anybody says they weren't bullied it means they're either lying or a bully.

Such a false opinion it's not even funny. Some people are just very likable, strong-willed and grew up in a good community with decent people.

I've literally been to like 20-25 schools from Kindergarten up until my senior year in high school.

I'm not going to say I hanged out with the emo kids or the jocks or whatever. I hanged out with people for their personalities not because of their labels.

I'd say the only "bullying" situation I ever really encountered was once at an almost all black school and the kid, being white, seemed very poverty-stricken so I immediately picked up on his reasoning for trying to be an ass to me. He was also probably about a foot taller than me at the time and tried to bully me however people saw it and I didn't take his crap and just acted strong and squared off with him and people defended me and he just became nice afterwards. So yeah if you are being bullied, contact someone EVERY time they bully you, also confront them and tell them they're being jerks and to stop. If not then just be strong. If nothing like that works in the end, just have to tough it out but it will almost always work out if you report all cases of bullying to your parents, teacher, and principal if no results. If it ever gets physical, no matter the age, you are allowed to report it to the police and that should scare the crap out of them. Not saying it's the right way, but you could always retaliate and make fun of them. Fire with fire.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Never bullied in school even through now (as I'm still in high school). I wouldn't consider myself a cool cat, but rather I'm just regular enough not to provoke the attention of bullies.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Yep. I was bullied for being different. My whole class would always make fun of me, even the teachers. I would have the hardest time fitting in. When it came time for PE, they would strike me out in seconds. I was lucky if I had one friend, and if I did have friends, they were almost several grades lower than I was too. :/

It got better when I reached High School and moved to Arizona. I didn't get bullied as much, except by one kid. I could easily ignore it and move on.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I was never bullied much at all as a kid. I always had a lot of self-confidence so I don't think I was an overly appealing target. (I'd either not take ♥♥♥♥ from anyone or I just wouldn't respond/react in an interesting way at all so anyone who did try to tease or pick on me had no real ammo.) Pretty much every school I went to had a zero-tolerance policy that was actually enforced, too, and any time I was picked on maliciously, I'd immediately talk to a teacher or higher-up that i trusted. I think I was called a tattle-tale once or twice but it was a small price to pay for peace of mind and a carefree existence. I'm really lucky to have always gone to really good, safe schools.

I was kind of a bully in elementary school, though, I guess. :( In one or two of my classes (different schools), there was always a guy who got teased a lot and I would join in here and there. (Although I want to think I was always too shy to be outright mean to anyone's face, that probably wasn't the case and it doesn't matter anyway because even just standing there while others are mean and not speaking up is pretty much just as bad.) I feel particularly awful about one of them back in grade... 3, I think? He was a nice boy and I would be on and off again friends with him but when we weren't friends I'd end up going along with the class and being mean to him. I regret it a lot now because getting mixed messages like that must have really sucked. :(

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • ive had a particularly bad bullying experience all throughout elementary and middle school and bits through high school. it really isnt fun. i can say that half of the mental disorders i have now come from being so severely bullied. i get triggered easily by certain things that remind me of my experiences with being bullied, and its such a horrible thing to remember.

im not really much of a bully myself though, because i could never stoop down to that level. there are times i tease and make fun of others, but its mostly in a playful manner, and whenever my friend forces me to say something genuinely bad about another person i feel REALLY horrible; just because i know what it's like to be made fun of behind your back and whatnot.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • The one question I have is who didn't get bullied?

I had huge bully problems in middle school that extended into my freshman year of high school. It wasn't fun at all and I'll never bully someone intentionally because no one deserves to go through that.

Years
  • ^Agree. Especially when talking middle school and high school.

However, I would also ask, who didn't bully?

That is, insult someone in-person or start a rumor/bad mouth someone to others, whether or not it was in retaliation.

There is a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to this issue from our skewed self-perception. We, being the protagonist in life.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Can't say I have been, though I can't say I was never on the other end of it. I wasn't really a mean person or anything but I guess I had some mean friends, and when they bullied other students I'd just laugh along. Didn't realize it was so bad until I got older, and I stopped being 'besties' with the mean girls.

I'm curious though, how do you define bullying anyway? I'm shocked at how many people say they've been bullied, exactly what did other kids do to you? Where do you draw the line between playful teasing and just mean, hostile teasing?

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I had a very very strange time at school. The chavs liked Pokémon. This put me in a strange position of being friends with chavs which, probably wasn't the best of ideas. Either way, I made my escape from the chavvy lot in Year 10 cause that was where their ANTICS were a step too far for little old me.

But yeah, um, I probably should have been bullied because I was a right kook. I somehow wasn't. I consider my school time to be very successful and I want to do it again. :(

Years
  • Yeah, in my time in middle school particularly, I got picked on quite a bit. There were so many moments I just felt like garbage. I wasn't treated well during then, people would push me around, make big deals out of small things and be outrageously picky.

But in high school, people got much more mature to me, thankfully.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    i wasn't bullied very much. but one bully in my class in 1st grade was bullying a sort of friend of mine. i think i told him to stop or something and then he said he wanted to fight me after school. i ended up punching him in the nose and that was basically the end of the fight. we ended up being friends in the years later.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • Bulling is considered when it happens more than 3 times cuz the bully is some1 that got no life or self confidence or guidance in life or various types of reasons bullies suck

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Our school had (luckily) a rather peaceful society at the lower classes, so I don't really remember any physical bullying to me, though it had happened quite a few times to a nerd friend of mine. But yeah, I was teased about and secluded for still playing and following that franchise which we discuss here to a large extent as we grew older.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I was unable to stand the bullies to the point that I become mad when I was in the school that eventually I blow a big mistake that I regret being myself that time...

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Oh, I got hella bullied all through K-12. Nasty stuff. Although by the end you could tell they were running out of ideas. They called me a ♥♥♥♥ and a ♥♥♥♥♥ and all sorts of mean things that would actually mean anything if I didn't have this thing called "virginity".

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I have been bullied, but most people backed off when they realize they really shouldn't mess with the tiny quiet kid, because it turns out the quiet kid has a big mouth and connections that'll get you what you deserve. =w=

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
    Years
  • I can't be bullied, if someone says something mean to me I just agree with them and make a joke about it. Then they just give up and go to be mean to someone else

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I was bullied in school. Most of it was either for being Lebanese or for being Muslim. My school was very anti-Muslim. Even some of the teachers weren't too fond of the religion. I never took bullying well and have physically attacked several bullies. I also got made fun of for liking Pokemon. At my school, the cool kids liked Harry Potter and Game of Thrones. They thought I was lame for hating those two franchises.

My school had a sharp division between Anglo-Celtic students and ethnic students. Until I was 14, I did not have any Anglo-Celtic friends. I have made a few since, but most of my friends are ethnic even today.

Even in high school, it wasn't just guys who bullied me. Girls were quite nasty to me. There was this platinum blonde girl who slapped me across the face more than once. One time I did call her a ♥♥♥♥♥, so I guess you could see why, but other times it was unjustified.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • In school, I was bullied in that sort of subtle, insidious way, by people who are your 'friends'. They often attempted to make me feel inferior. I was boring or I was weak or I was ugly. But it was only a joke, of course. It made me incredibly down, and I spent an awful lot of time alone. I'm probably not over the self-esteem issues it caused. Eventually I cut those people out of my life, and I'm a much more confident and positive person.

Back