• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    Fortnite lol, they confirmed the rumoured Dragon Ball collab today, to be releasing next week. I've been playing occasionally with my little brothers but seeing that announcement today got me hyped for the drop and to jump into some games today.
    Excited to be able to get some Dragon Ball skins soon lol, I can't believe this collab is actually happening.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
    Man, no wonder i quit that game a few weeks ago... (i didn't leave because of Dragon Ball, lol)

I was with the game since C1S6 and i loved it, really, i did, but then it became a massive downward spiral. They kept making bad decision after bad decision and now Fortnut is so different from what it once was that it's not likable to me anymore. Chapter 2 was a cautionary tale of where they were headed and what would happen if we didn't stop them. But now it relies on collabs and mediocre cosmetics to keep itself afloat, not to mention their building soared so out of control that they had to axe it entirely and make a whole separate game mode to band-aid it. Then they also experimented with Fort as a potential social space? From a shooter game? All of Party Royale and Imposters (a blatant Among Us ripoff, by the way) was a big issue that became their undoing too.

I stuck with the game because i wanted it to do great things and be amazing, but it didn't happen. I should have left a lot sooner but i was so blindly holding on the the C1 legacy that i failed to see the game as it was in this current Chapter 3 state. They've lost their way and become something that wasn't the BR shooter that i was drawn to in 2018. Was it fun while it lasted? Yes. Yes it was. But i'm gone for good. I'll always be happy for the good times i had dropping from the bus with my girl Straw Ops from way back in the old seasons. I'm not mad or sad, i'm just disappointed at what it's become. I really don't like to be so negative, but i just can't stand what's happened to this thing that i truly loved.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Playing Xenoblade 3 right now. After 30 hours I might finally be done with the tutorial...maybe. xD

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Been playing nothing but Xenoblade Chronicles 3 since its release day. Almost at 80 hours and I'm at the cusp of unlocking the final dungeon. Just had to do several hours worth of Hero Quests and regular sidequests first. And even then I haven't done all the side content I want to do. It's my personal GOTY by far lol, Eunie best girl.
    Could do with more post-battle lines and an option to turn enemy aggression off though. Yes Eunie I'm well aware that Lanz wants something meatier @_@

pkmin3033

After putting in 89 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - which I have very mixed feelings about, perhaps even moreso than the second game - I've decided to take a break and play some shorter games before I dive into my next big JRPG, which will be a Dragon Quest XI S replay, Triangle Strategy, Demon Gaze Extra, or...something else, haha. I really can't decide right now. I want to replay DQXI S before Treasures comes out, and the end of this year is absolutely stacked with JRPGs, so it really needs to be sometime before the end of September, because I want to play some thematically appropriate games for October, as well as replay both Bayonettas before the third game comes out. Soul Hackers 2 will be out at the end of the month, but I will probably delay that since I've not even played the first one yet. But I've had Triangle Strategy hanging over my head since it released, and Demon Gaze since January. So much to do, so little time. But right now I am completely burned out and I need to recharge a bit.

But anyways! I finished Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (loved it, the humour was so on point), Luna's Fishing Garden (also loved it, really relaxing experience), Bladed Fury yesterday (pretty mediocre tbh, lovely art style but that's about it), and Florence just this morning (not sure how I feel about this one), and now I'm playing Chicory: A Colourful Tale. It really pops on the OLED screen, although it's clearly not designed to be played with control sticks, which is a shame. But it's fun enough so far! I'm looking to unwind and recharge so I'm not after something super deep and complicated.

I'm also playing a little Subnautica on the side and I have absolutely no bloody clue what I'm doing, haha. It seems a tad slow-paced for my taste and it's bordering on the irritating: everything needs resources, and it's always the resources I can't get hold of easily. Like Silver Ore. But I'm only playing it in short bursts so it's not too bad. I've seen a lot of whining about the Switch version but honestly I haven't really had any issues with it...the pop-in is no worse than it was in Pokemon Sword and Shield. I've not had any crashes yet. Loading is only slow when it's first starting up and needs to generate the map. It's totally fine. Mhm. Probably is better on PC because of mods, but since I'm playing on Free mode - so with the story, but without the bullshit hunger mechanic that plagues games like this - it's not as bad as it could be. Plus I actually really like exploring some of these biomes! Although god I wish I had a map.

On PS5 I'm playing Stray for the Game Along right now, I've just gotten through the Sewers, which were...fucking freaky, if I'm honest. I don't think much of the story at all - seems to have been added for the sake of it really - and I've played better games, but playing as a cat is pretty novel and it doesn't control poorly or anything so I'd say it was pretty enjoyable in a "switch brain off, play game, occasionally meow at things because why not" sort of way.

I also picked up ebihime's newest visual novel, All Ashes and Illusions, which I am going through very casually whenever I have a spare minute. The soundtrack for this one is amazing. But the premise is a bit disturbing and I know this is going to be one of her VNs that I both regret and don't regret reading by the end of it. After Salome's Kiss I am fully prepared for the worst.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    Man, no wonder i quit that game a few weeks ago... (i didn't leave because of Dragon Ball, lol)

I was with the game since C1S6 and i loved it, really, i did, but then it became a massive downward spiral. They kept making bad decision after bad decision and now Fortnut is so different from what it once was that it's not likable to me anymore. Chapter 2 was a cautionary tale of where they were headed and what would happen if we didn't stop them. But now it relies on collabs and mediocre cosmetics to keep itself afloat, not to mention their building soared so out of control that they had to axe it entirely and make a whole separate game mode to band-aid it. Then they also experimented with Fort as a potential social space? From a shooter game? All of Party Royale and Imposters (a blatant Among Us ripoff, by the way) was a big issue that became their undoing too.

I stuck with the game because i wanted it to do great things and be amazing, but it didn't happen. I should have left a lot sooner but i was so blindly holding on the the C1 legacy that i failed to see the game as it was in this current Chapter 3 state. They've lost their way and become something that wasn't the BR shooter that i was drawn to in 2018. Was it fun while it lasted? Yes. Yes it was. But i'm gone for good. I'll always be happy for the good times i had dropping from the bus with my girl Straw Ops from way back in the old seasons. I'm not mad or sad, i'm just disappointed at what it's become. I really don't like to be so negative, but i just can't stand what's happened to this thing that i truly loved.

Damn sorry to hear that, I'm super excited for the DB collab tho loool.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3 back on Tuesday. While the final boss was very cinematic, I'd imagine it'll get repetitive as hell since the mid-battle cutscenes are all unskippable. Glad I beat it on the first attempt lol, Signifer is such a broken class goddamn - just buff after buff. Also recruited the postgame heroes, but I'll be taking a break before using them since the entire game took me 99 hours @_@

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    In case it wasn't obvious already... I finished Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. I don't have much to say about it honestly. The game was... fine. I just would have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more if it wasn't SO GOD DAMN HARD. It is what it is I guess.

I also started Tales of the Abyss officially last night. The 3DS version. It's the most recent version. I have to admit... this game is great so far and I'm only 3 hours in so far. Mieu is probably the cutest damn Tales of mascot I've seen in the whole damn franchise thus far. Story is fantastic so far as well. In the end though... there's only 2 major problems that I can see right now that's really holding this game back for me... 1, Luke is the jerkiest MC I've ever seen (but I'm aware that this changes eventually. Can't wait to see that) and 2, this game is stuck on what I would call 'out of date' consoles at this point. PS2 and 3DS. That's about the only things holding it back for me that I don't think I'll be able to confidently overcome.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    Been absolutely loving the Fortnite Dragon Ball collab, seems to of brought a lot of people back to the game too as been squadding up with a bunch or friends just getting back into it now.

Still a lil bit of PoGo although feeling a bit burnt out on that, not as much Duel Links or Genshin anymore. Will jump back into both of those eventually too tho.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I downloaded the Splatoon 3 Splatfest World Premiere. Since it's free. Which is the best kind of price. Even though I just got my 3DS back... I might still try it out. Please know I will likely be shit at the game and still likely won't buy or play the full game.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    I played through a few titles in my backlog on switch, Pumpkin Jack, Way of the passive fist & Yet Another Zombie Defense HD. They were all okay but not too amazing, I believe I picked them all up on sale super cheap, so I'm sure they were worth what I paid for them. I might come back and finish Pumpkin Jack which I played the most of the three. Glad to of finally started to make a dent on the super discounted switch titles I've picked up over the years, of which there are many many left lol.

I've also been back on Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle after the fortnite collab and the new movie gave me a Dragon Ball itch again. I also wanna jump back into Xenoverse 2 a bit.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
    I honestly have no idea what to play anymore. I'm trying to find some new 3ds/ds games to play, but all of the good ones i've either already finished or i don't seem interested in. I've been sticking to Blaze Black 2 Redux for the time being, with a bit of classic Sonic thrown in there. I tried out the original Toejam and Earl, too. Surprisingly not bad, but kind of annoying at times. By all means, DM me some recommendations for 3DS/DS!

Years
    The current "Games I'm Playing Instead of Progressing My Backlog" list:

Terraria (friend's first time in Master mode, as well as another world with a friend playing for the first time)
    SimCity 4 (still trying to figure out some mods so I can start my mega region)
    Backpack Hero
    Peglin
    Tales of Vesperia
    Final Fantasy 9 (discovered a randomiser for this recently, it's nuts!)
    Phantasy Star Online BLUE BURST
    Median XL (a Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction mod)

FlashFate

Killed Lich King more than 100 times.. Still tryin
    Years
    I've been playing World of Wacraft: The Burning Crusade Classic and now waiting for WotLK Release. Also I really like to play some Witcher 3 and League of Legends.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    La Pucelle: Ragnarok and Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure. I've mostly been playing the latter, but they were both released as part of the Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3 on the Switch, so it would be a waste to not play through the former as well. Both been pretty fun to play so far.

Years
    I'm my umpteenth playthrough of Fallout 4 - since mod collections have become a thing on the nexussite, decided to give the "A Storywealth" mod collection a try. Also recently got Scarlet Nexus on a Steam sale and loving that. In between things, playing Pokemon Unbound on my 3DS.

Back